Trading Policy Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. The TBT system will hopefully calm things down.

Back when I used to cycle villagers on New Leaf, I based all my prices on the official popularity guide/tiers list. Before all this NMT thing exploded I was 100% sure that we HAD to respect those guidelines... I'm extremely surprised that it's not the case anymore? Or it never was? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I cycled villagers in NL way in the beginning before the welcome amiibo update, it was a long grind and I sold tier 1 villagers for 2,000-5,000 forum bells. Looking back, people are probably thinking those were outrageous prices to be paying for Marshal or Julian. But it dropped from that price to basically 50-100. It wasn't really a guideline but with so many people cycling and so many people giving villagers away for free, you can't really charge more than that.

I don't think having the forum currency back will fix anything, there was already a rate in place in which 100 tbt = 1mil IGB = 4 NMT. People will just trade currency for whichever currency is the trend.

FZErDpi.png

(this is a joke, i’m happy about this stance lol)

Wouldn't it be easier to just stop the trade of NMT's all together?

Get the economy back to good old in game bells.

I wouldn't pay one red cent for a villager here anyway.

Wouldn't it be easier to just stop the trade of NMT's all together?

Get the economy back to good old in game bells.

I wouldn't pay one red cent for a villager here anyway.

As was said earlier, it would make a lot of people mad and it won't stop things being done sneakily behind people's backs. It wouldn't solve anything. The damage is done, and the damage is permanent.

It's actually impossible to control this, which is the reason for the update. Let's say the current market price for Raymond is 500 NMT, but we think that's too much for a regular player to earn. We then have to decide what the max amount of NMT to be used in a single transaction should be. How is this amount even determined? Let's say we somehow come to the agreement that it should be 50 tickets. Then everything will either be set at exactly 50 tickets or moves to PMs or off the site completely. Additionally, tons of people will contact us about how we're punishing them for playing the game legitimately. Our original policy helped slow down the effects of duping, but it was easier to do something like that then when the game had only been out for a week. It's not possible for us to control prices and we can't change the circumstances of the game. Only Nintendo will be able to address this.
They pk hexed New Horizons, like they did with Pokemon since X and Y. It's not actually that hard to get the Nook Miles for the tickets. I don't usually get more than 10 at a time though.

i mean no one should blame or be surprised because lol its gonna happen anyway

also NMT is mostly valued because its a way for people to get villagers quickly. i mean maybe before people wanted them to do tarantula farming or something but like.. no way someone is burning through 500 tickets unless its just to see which villager is on an island

f to economy

also NMT is mostly valued because its a way for people to get villagers quickly. i mean maybe before people wanted them to do tarantula farming or something but like.. no way someone is burning through 500 tickets unless its just to see which villager is on an island

f to economy
That would be the most reliable way to get the new characters in your town.

if sellers want to combat the issue of high NMT prices, they can choose not to accept NMT. without BTB activated yet, NMT are one of the least exploitable forms of currency (it can still be hacked but it's much more difficult than the crown dupe glitch) besides maybe hyrbids?? As PM and discord deals can still happen, there's not much TBT can do except outright ban NMT on the site, which would be very unpopular I imagine. Setting caps still doesn't stop people from accruing massive amounts of tickets and stop them from easily reaching the cap. Nintendo themselves could solve this by not making NMT droppable or something like that, but I don't know how likely that is. (They did fix the dupe glitch though so maybe they do care about the market)

it's a sucky market but I don't think a forum can do much. I highly encourage sellers to not accept NMT if they really want to lower the value of NMT. hopefully the return of BTB will give sellers another medium to accept though

Last edited:
if sellers want to combat the issue of high NMT prices, they can choose not to accept NMT. without BTB activated yet, NMT are one of the least exploitable forms of currency (it can still be hacked but it's much more difficult than the crown dupe glitch) besides maybe hyrbids?? As PM and discord deals can still happen, there's not much TBT can do except outright ban NMT on the site, which would be very unpopular I imagine. Setting caps still doesn't stop people from accruing massive amounts of tickets and stop them from easily reaching the cap. Nintendo themselves could solve this by not making NMT droppable or something like that, but I don't know how likely that is. (They did fix the dupe glitch though so maybe they do care about the market)

it's a sucky market but I don't think a forum can do much. I highly encourage sellers to not accept NMT if they really want to lower the value of NMT. hopefully the return of BTB will give sellers another medium to accept though

It's actually easier than crowns with the current duplication method XD

f to economy

You're totally right. That's why I think once everyone has the villagers they want, nobody will care about NMTs. It's just a matter of time before they become unwanted and we can all laugh about it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back