• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Trading Animal Crossing amiibo cards

Boccages

Bells
Switch
0347-4629-2695
Silver Mailbox
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Mailbox
With the release of Animal Crossing amiibo cards in about two months, I'm wondering if people will want to trade cards on this board ? I don't think people will want to collect 6 cards of the same character, I guess people will try to make a complete deck.

Will we be able to swap cards on this forum, and am I the only one interested in this solution?

Well I won't be going for a complete set or anything but I will want to buy some packs to try and get cards of my dreamies. I would be interested in trading since I don't imagine that I'll have many friends collecting them too.
I would be interested in swapping cards but I'd be hesitant due to postage costs - it might cost more than a card or more than the cost of a whole packet if I were to ship to somewhere like America!

Well I won't be going for a complete set or anything but I will want to buy some packs to try and get cards of my dreamies. I would be interested in trading since I don't imagine that I'll have many friends collecting them too.
I would be interested in swapping cards but I'd be hesitant due to postage costs - it might cost more than a card or more than the cost of a whole packet if I were to ship to somewhere like America!

That's what I thought about the postage cost but if you're after a specific card it could take a lot of packs to find it :/

I don't know. Postage cost might not be that high: cards are lightweight and fit into a normal enveloppe.

I think it would be nice for The Bell Tree forum to have a trust rating on the activity of trading amiibo cards just like there is one right now on WiFi trading and visiting. Once you find a circle of trustworthy friends to swap cards, it becomes a lot more efficient.

Since the amiibo cards have to be read by an NFC reader, I'm guessing they will be made out of plastic ? Just like cell phones SIM cards ?

Last edited:
Which one comes free with the game, Isabelle or something? I would trade her for one of my fav's.

Which one comes free with the game, Isabelle or something? I would trade her for one of my fav's.

It's supposed to be "random" but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be Isabelle, or if the majority were her card.

I don't think we will be allowed to trade on here, and to be honest, I think it would be a big mistake if they did allow it.

As it stands they made some sort of changes, on exchanging items worth real world currency for tbt, so it's pretty much the same with this I'd assume.

Not to mention, you see how upset people get over virtual trades. At least buying cards off ebay you can use paypal, and if it goes wrong something can actually be done about it. Postage will be high if you get a tracked letter depending on where you live. And without proof of shipment, some people will lie about sending it, some people may have it get lost in the mail, there a lot of things that can go wrong. If it did get lost, or damaged in the post you'd just have people arguing about it. As it's been said the villagers will appear randomly on the main street as well, so you don't HAVE to have the card to get them, it's only for NPC.

Back