• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Town Plans

Eclipsewhispering

Mayor of Everdale
Bells
Tasty Cake
I really do love my new map, but I also feel like I sacrificed a few things, obviously. The ramp leading to the beach closest to the dock is awkwardly close to it, and the way the beach juts out up against the cliff isn't the nicest, but I've found tons of great spots for my lighthouse when it's time to build it.
One of my favorite things about the map is, however, is that the plaza is perfectly centered! When I get Anicotti to move out (housed below the thin horizontal strip of land) I'm probably going to place my cafe there and have the campsite nearby. There's just something about the aesthetic of the secluded campsite having a relaxing cafe near by that I seem to love, and for the horizontal strip I was thinking of having my perfect cherry orchard there with a bridge leading down towards the camp. The camp will obviously have a hammock and picnic PWP near.

For my town hall, I was thinking of placing a fountain in front of it and having the classic police station off by the cliff as I've always liked having those two buildings together. In front of my train station (which was blue! I love the blue train station) I was thinking of having something like a mini plaza or more fittingly, a meet-up spot with the flower clock in the centers and some benches to the side.

Perhaps my favorite plan of all is my own, personal garden. I'm gonna have some perfect cherry trees off to the sides of my house and a rose garden. Along the pathway I'm planning to plant some holly bushes in honor of my cat named Holly-- who unfortunately passed away Christmas Eve-- with a few blue hydrangeas here and there.

Now, what are some of y'all's town plans?

Nice plans! I like your ideas. I wish you the best of luck in how it turns out!

As for me, my current and permanent town I plan on not doing too much planning. I'm a control freak who has a tendency to ruin the fun of the game for myself because I get too nitpicky. The last three towns I had were built on micromanaging and time-traveling simply because of my 'planning'. lol

Anyway, I do have a few ideas. I've already found a nice path I'm set on and imputed, along with a couple of PWPs I hope to obtain. I patterned a nice cliffside corner in the far lower right of my town overlooking the open sea. I put the campsite in front of my waterfall in the lower left. I have two small areas where I plan on putting the Caf?- either to the far left of my house beside the river (as long as Spork moves) or to the left of the main path coming down from the train station beside the small Re-Tail pond.

I'm putting some street lamps by the main shop/buildings/paths. Two under the train station, two under the town hall, and I may put one by Re-Tail. I'm protecting a couple of cute bench areas, as well as an opening near my house where I'd like to put the windmill.
There's also a small strip of the area between two paths near the Town Hall and the Train station- kinda the main 'boulevard'- where I'd love to have a couple of statue fountains. I'm putting those in soon!

I have a few other small ideas for trees, flowers, smaller PWPs.

In the meantime, I'm just looking over my town like:

Screenshot_10.jpg

That sounds great! I've been trying not to time travel like I usually do and so far I love it.
Yesterday was the fishing tourney and I managed to catch a lot of saltwater fish, including tuna and the oarfish so I ended up raising a whole lotta money so tomorrow I should have the island unlocked since I paid off the entire loan. (The only reason I'm even unlocking it this early is because I've sold tons of seashells and I recently discovered that throughout the day more seashells spawn so I took advantage of that, the money rocks and the gem rocks too. There's no forgetting the fish, either.)

I wish you luck on your town's future development, too!^^

I'm currently working to try and finish Aurmont after a break during the holidays in hopes of having it done before ACNH drops. Aurmont is a city themed town focusing on themes of convenience, wealth, office jobs, consumerism, etc. Y'know, normal Animal Crossing things. XD

Anyway, I think I'm pretty close to being done with landscaping, PWPs, and villager placement. My paths are done, and there's just a little cleanup left on my beach and near my town square where I was breeding hybrids.

Lately I've been trying to finish up all my characters homes - most recently converting my mayor's upstairs to a trophy room and reorganizing her vault. I'd still need to get the golden roof to complete her house exterior. Other than that, I have to finalize the basement of one other house, and the back room of another that acts as the town spa & salon. I also need to decide those characters' outfits for dream address purposes.

Let's see... I also still need to grow some more weeds by my dump, maybe add some more trash to half of my beach, scan in my ideal villagers and make sure they're in the right side of town (one half is for the "working class", the other for the "elite"). Oh, and eventually get enough visitors to get the modern train station!

Other smaller endeavors would be getting a better town flag, add some more boring button down shirt designs to the Able Sisters, maybe adding another pitfall around my reset center.

It's kind of tough keeping track of all my ideas and remembering my plans when I only get to play for an hour or so a day, but I'm very excited to eventually share the final product!

Your town plans sound nice and that's such a sweet idea to use the holly bushes to honor your cat.

My main town is finished so I won't go into that, but I'm still planning out my second town. My second town will have a somewhat Gothic/Victorian-esque theme. The colors will be purple, blue, black and white. Because of the Victorian theme, it will be the first town where I put down a real QR path. I will be using either a black tile pattern or a midnight blue starlit pathway. I haven't decided between them yet. I might even use them both in different sections of the town. There will be classic streetlamps at each major corner along the path.

My villagers will be placed in pairs along the main pathway leading from the train station down to the beach and Re-Tail. The mayor's house is in a solitary northern area near the waterfall. There will a wisteria trellis leading to a pathway flanked by statue fountains in front of her house. Surrounding the event plaza, I am going to create a massive topiary garden with a fountain and bushes. In the northern right side of the map, next to Town Hall, there will be a second character's house that doubles as a public venue with a gallery, orchestra room, lounge, and public bath.

Those are my plans as they stand right now, anyway. I'm still a long way from completing them so things might get tweaked a little as I go along, but the main theme will remain the same.

My town plans for my sixth town are centered around landscaping, placing paths, and organizing everything. It's really messy right now with everything laid out everywhere. That town is mostly a pink and blue themed town. I would like to get more pink hybrids to cover my town in certain areas.

My for my fifth town, I want to create a natural zen themed town during fall. Bamboo will be placed everywhere.

My fourth town, I am finishing up the final touches with the designs outside. There is this area around my town tree that I am contemplating of what the overall design should be. This is my tropical video game themed town.

I kind of lost inspiration for my third town. The houses are all complete but I am not happy with the paths I have laid out around town. I may pick it up in the future when I get the inspiration and pwps to finish up the outdoor wedding aisle and wisteria trellis garden next to it. If and only if my villagers will suggest that pwp.

My second town is almost complete. It's my winter town. I need my villagers to suggest the illuminated pwps to finish up the final touches. The last thing is to slowly time travel to December to get the lights on my cedar trees and set it to an aurora borealis.

Back