• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Smash Bros Tough Challenges in SSB for Wii U

JCnator

Bells
Switch
4227-4179-8894
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
New Horizons Token
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Poptart Easter Egg
Winter Mittens
Cake
After a few days that the game got released, we now know some of the toughest Challenges in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U are. And if you'd like to be prepared on how to react accordingly, feel free to watch this thread.

There's one that involve clearing 9.0 Difficulty in Classic Mode without losing a single life. Aaaaannnndd you can't use a golden hammer on this challenge! If you think this'll be a piece of cake, the AI in this game's CPU is even more brutal than what the 3DS version and Brawl did because of their tendency of doing wombo combos. It's best to avoid 8 Player battles as often as you can, since that's where the CPUs become your worst threat.
Since there's apparently no restriction on the use of customized characters, I believe it might be wise to use a character with a lot of defense and significantly buff the Defensive stat to help you prevent from racking too much damage in a quick succession. And perhaps more Offensive stat if you want to finish the fights a bit quicker.

There is another challenge that once again involve clearing 9.0 Difficulty in Classic Mode without any customization whatsoever, but you can use a golden hammer on it (well, I think so) to spare your sanity. This time, we don't ask you to not lose a single life, so you can afford to lose one life in any fight before the one against Master Hand and Crazy Hand. In SSB4, you always start with two lives on each fight regardless on how many you had from the previous match. If you don't ever lose a life on your playthrough while completing this task, the challenge I mentioned earlier will be completed as well.

If you're undertaking these challenges, I'd wish you a good luck. I never tried them yet, but that's what I found in the Internet and analyzed it a bit. By the way, discuss what are your most difficult Challenges you've undertaken so far, along with strategies on how to accomplish each task.

The event with the 2 Wario's and the Wii-Fit Trainer on Hard is the hardest event in the game for me.

Even with customization, I still can't do it.

Also, Master Fortress....STILL CAN'T beat it.

Does anyone have tips on getting 80000 points in Target Blast by using the back wall? What counts as using the back wall, is what I want to know the most, I swear the bomb touches it but I can never get the challenge completed.

@BlueLeaf : For the back wall challenge, I believe that you'll have to dish out more damage than usual and properly angle that bomb in a way that hit the same targets as you normally would. I think it has to at least bounce off from the back wall for the objective to be achieved.

Does anyone have tips on getting 80000 points in Target Blast by using the back wall? What counts as using the back wall, is what I want to know the most, I swear the bomb touches it but I can never get the challenge completed.

I'm pretty sure that villager is good for it. Thats how i beat it in the 3ds version. Look up a video of it. I'm pretty sure it hits the back wall.

Doesn't 'back wall' mean stand to the right of the bomb and hit it towards the left angled wall? That's what someone done in a stream. - I'm pretty sure the bomb didn't manage to hit the far right wall after this and they completed it, but maybe they did manage to hit both, and I just forgot. That was their interpretation at any rate.

I think its laid out so that it angles towards the unbreakable wall on the rebound which is why this is a challenge.

Also I know Sakurai said the challenges would be harder, but some of the stuff I've heard you need to do sounds downright mean. o:

Last edited:
I don't understand how you can get a KO in Cruel Smash. I DID end up getting 1 from Mr Game & Watch to unlock Duck Hunt, but it was a fluke. I attempted to hit someone with his Right/Left B hammer and try to get a 9 on someone but they survived it. I only got one because I got an 8, iced a group and one fell off and couldn't survive. *rattles Sakurai* WHY DID WE NEED THIS GAME MODE. Who else can you even get a hit with? I looked up some people saying they could only do it with Little Mac when his KO bar was full, but I stink as him....
*faints* Even Zero Suit Samus can't stay on the ground

Last edited:
Update: I managed to complete the 80000 challenge and quite a few the past 2 days.

I don't understand how you can get a KO in Cruel Smash. I DID end up getting 1 from Mr Game & Watch to unlock Duck Hunt, but it was a fluke. I attempted to hit someone with his Right/Left B hammer and try to get a 9 on someone but they survived it. I only got one because I got an 8, iced a group and one fell off and couldn't survive. *rattles Sakurai* WHY DID WE NEED THIS GAME MODE. Who else can you even get a hit with? I looked up some people saying they could only do it with Little Mac when his KO bar was full, but I stink as him....
*faints* Even Zero Suit Samus can't stay on the ground
Another challenge calls for getting 8KO's in Cruel Smash with Lucina, so I recommend using her to knock out those two challenges at the same time. Also, try using her recovery over and over again below the right side of the stage. Watch GameXPlain's video if you need more help.

Currently working on completing the solo event matches. One match I'm stuck on is called 'Great Fox Defense'. You play as Falco and you launch game & watch cpu's before they touch the stage. If they touch the stage, mission failed -_-. To get it's gold flag you gotta complete it on hard difficulty. I'm having a hard time completing this on normal I don't want to think about completing this on hard just yet. Sad thing is I may wuss out and just do easy so I can complete it and get access to the next event (ugh). Doesn't help that Falco's air up attack is picky about it's hit range.

There's a challenge where you have to complete Classic Mode on intensity level 9.0 without losing a life....
IT CAN'T BE DONE...SAKURAI WHY

Another challenge calls for getting 8KO's in Cruel Smash with Lucina, so I recommend using her to knock out those two challenges at the same time. Also, try using her recovery over and over again below the right side of the stage. Watch GameXPlain's video if you need more help.

I think I saw that and over looked it, but I'll take a look again. Thanks :D

The ones involving characters I very rarely use are mostly seeming challenging. I don't really know how to use these characters and for the most part, there's a reason I don't use them...Though I guess it's good that the game is getting me to play as everybody!

Hell...I'm finding that event challenge to defeat Kirby with King Dedede without taking any damage near impossible simply because I can't use King Dedede AT ALL. He's way too slow and clunky for me to use.

Back