• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

To those who have two towns on two SD cards...

Greco

Bells
So, I recently found out that if you have the digital copy of New Leaf, you may have two towns on two different SD cards. But, I jumped the gun a bit by buying a SD card before looking in to it a bit more. Are there any risks at all of downloading New Leaf on to a second SD card, in the form of possibly messing up my first town? Maybe there is no way it could corrupt my first one and I am over-thinking it, but any warnings?

I downloaded the game on a second SD card but it corrupted my first game after saving the second one. So I wouldn't do it any more.

Last edited:
Usually that means it destroyed the entire save file for that town. I've heard of that happening before.

Last edited:
Well I am certainly not going to risk it now... now I just flushed 15 dollars with a 2gb SD card. I can't believe it cost me that much... I got my new 8gb one on Amazon for that price... now I'm just ranting

Don't do it! The 3 Ds has a system where it will check to see if the data on the SD card matches the data from the last time you saved your game. If it doesn't match the only choice you will be given is to delete your ACNL town.

Yep, you can only have one digital copy per 3DS, doesn't matter if it's a different SD card. You can have one digital copy + as many physical copies as you want though.

Right--only 1 Digital town. But you can have as many physical copy towns as you wish.

Back