• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Tips Thread

Regarding this:

You can update once a day on each of your characters, so if you have 4, you can get 20,000 bells.
Not sure if that's what you (whoever posted this) meant, but to me, the wording makes it sound like you can only update one time, no matter how many characters you have.

Oh, oops. Wording. Thanks. XDD Fixing it.

This might be well known, but Thonky has an AMAZING stalk market guide that you can use to predict what your prices will be, and find out earlier than saturday if you need to visit someone to sell. It can be found here! ^v^

This one has been proven: If you have paths on your plaza and someone such as Chip/Nat/Crazy Redd places their tent there, the pathway will disappear and you will have to replace it.

Yes, and if you have anything else there, such as furniture or fossils or whatever, any event makes the things under the event placement disappear. Lost some stuff that way a few times until I started paying more attention. :(

Not sure if this can be considered a tip, but perhaps good to know. ^_^

If you quit your game without saving and the next day you start your game again, Isabelle will tell you there was a small problem and that some of the stuff you did might be gone. What she will not tell you, however, is that someone is moving that day. Normally she'd tell you that X is leaving and that it would be a nice thing for you to do to say good-bye. But if you haven't saved the day before, you will not get that message.

This has happened three times to me, so the warning about not saving does seem to override the warning about someone moving out. (Not sure about anyone else, though, I don't think I've seen it mentioned somewhere, but I might have overlooked it. ^_^')

dont know if this is proven or not, but my friend told me from word of mouth that trees and bushes will NOT grow next to paths

Can I plus and minus this, because it's half true. Paths placed vertically or horizontally next to newly planted shoots will wither it. Once a day has passed (it gets bigger) you can place paths around it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You can get some of the out of season fish/bugs from certain island minigames. If the game isn't bug or fish related and Lloid provides you with a rod/net, you can keep the bugs/fish you catch. Good games to try this in: scavenger hunt, balloon hunt, fossil finders, fishing in bug catching games, bugs in fishing games. Not recommended: fruit labyrinth, memory, diving.
I can confirm this because I'm adding to my mule character's encyclopedia using this trick. Doesn't work with all bugs and fish of course, but it gives you a second chance for certain ones at least.

Might be known, but...

3. The numbers are probably wrong, but to get the highest price at Retail that an animal will ever by for is to tell Reese to sell it, but don't actually sell it. Use this sell price, multiply it by 4, and subtract by 1.

Max is 9999 bells on flea market, villagers won't buy if higher than this amount.

I can confirm the "Villager changing their mind about moving" reset trick, but I can't really prove it other than saying that it works.

Last edited:
Back