• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Tips Thread

Zanessa

ZanessaGaily>Zanessa
Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Tasty Cake
Pavé
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
Dark Easter Egg
Candy Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
Give some helpful tips to things some people didn't know/need to know.
Warning threads go here: http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?109536-Warning-Thread

Works the same way. Confirmed ones are added with either proof in multiple guides, or can be proven true by 15 people. If something in the 'Tips or not?' section is true, put +1 for TON #1. If it's false, say -1 for TON #1.

-If you have paths on your plaza and someone such as Chip/Nat/Crazy Redd places their tent there, the pathway will disappear and you will have to replace it.
-Wetsuit Trick - 5 minutes in water away from villagers will get them to ping you.
-Going to the Island can get you 100k to 400+k a trip if you catch mostly sharks and palm tree beetles!
-Using a megaphone next to Gulliver will cause him to wake up immediately.
-If you're picky about house placement, create a new character whenever you expect a new house plot to appear. Reset the game, delete the character, and start again if the plot is not in a place you'd like. Once it's just right, save with the new character, quit, and delete him/her until next time.
[BUT RESETTING CAN CAUSE CORRUPTIONS. USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.]
-If you're short on cash and have the Dream Suite, updating your dream town will earn you an easy 5,000 bells. [Character only gets bonus ONCE a day.]
-Use your net or your shovel to pop balloons without a slingshot as they reach the cliff dividing the town and the beach.

-Villagers won't ping if you have been playing for more than an hour. Instead, they'll say that you should rest. [0/15]
-Don't know if this is proven or not, but my friend told me from word of mouth that trees and bushes will NOT grow next to paths [-2/15]
If a villager changes their mind about moving, reset and speak to them again. [0/15]
Bamboo gardens - will not bloom over flowers or bushes.[0/15]
-Leaving a megaphone at your Town Plaza before updating a dream would make things easier for guests who wish to find Wendell and take one of your patterns. [0/15]
-Burying bells can produce trees that bear 30,000 bell bags on them. [0/15]
-You can get pictures for the Shop owners/Specail Event Villagers. [0/15]
-Some characters will be attracted to you more based on what clothing style you are wearing. [0/15]
-The numbers are probably wrong, but to get the highest price at Retail that an animal will ever by for is to use the default sell price, multiply it by 4, and subtract by 1. [1/15]

Last edited:
Testing currently, but to prevent bamboo from overriding your town, put flowers or bushes two blocks away from the bamboo. It can't spawn on the bushes, but I'm testing flowers to see how that will end up.

Something neat I noticed today:
When doing the wetsuit-trick to get PWPs, there's the annoying message about being tired that stops villagers from pinging after an hour. When I get no ping and know that this is most likely the problem, I talk to a villager who is not the one I want to ping me to trigger the message. However, afterwards, I don't go back into the water to wait five minutes again, but check with the villager I want the ping from again. So far, he has always pinged me then! I always thought I needed to wait again after triggering the message. Everyone else but me might have known that already, though...

Testing currently, but to prevent bamboo from overriding your town, put flowers or bushes two blocks away from the bamboo. It can't spawn on the bushes, but I'm testing flowers to see how that will end up.

Flowers blocks it as well. :) I have single decorative bamboo all over my town!

dont know if this is proven or not, but my friend told me from word of mouth that trees and bushes will NOT grow next to paths

This one has been proven: If you have paths on your plaza and someone such as Chip/Nat/Crazy Redd places their tent there, the pathway will disappear and you will have to replace it.

Bamboo can grow next to paths. It does in 2 of my towns. But since the path is so close to the new shoot, if it tries to bloom it is always dead. I just harvest it while in the ground and sell the shoots. In batches of 9 - so nice!

I can confirm these thanks to friends.

1. Wetsuit Trick - 5 minutes in water away from villagers will get them to ping you.

2. Bamboo gardens - will not bloom over flowers or bushes.

3. Prefect Fruit - You can only grow the prefect fruit of your own town fruit in your town!
All onther prefect fruit will become normal fruit of whichever prefect one you planted.

4. Grass Erosion - Happens under pathways!

5. Going to the Island can get you 100k to 400+k a trip if you catch mostly sharks and palm tree beetles!

Some of these are probably well-known, but eh...new players may not know.

- Using a megaphone next to Gulliver will cause him to wake up immediately.
- If you're picky about house placement, create a new character whenever you expect a new house plot to appear. Reset the game, delete the character, and start again if the plot is not in a place you'd like. Once it's just right, save with the new character, quit, and delete him/her until next time.
- If you're short on cash and have the Dream Suite, updating your dream town will earn you an easy 5,000 bells.
- If gossip is going around town that a villager is thinking of moving and that villager doesn't ping you, quitting the game and starting it up again should cause him or her to ping.
- Leaving a megaphone at your Town Plaza before updating a dream would make things easier for guests who wish to find Wendell and take one of your patterns.
- Use your net or your shovel to pop balloons without a slingshot as they reach the cliff dividing the town and the beach.

Might be known, but...

1. If it takes forever to get an animal's picture, they may give it to you if they move out. I recommend moving them out for a last resort if it took forever to get the animal/dreamie.

2. Getting annoyed by villagers trying to con you? Simply deposit (or drop, depending on the interval of money you have) your bells.

3. The numbers are probably wrong, but to get the highest price at Retail that an animal will ever by for is to tell Reese to sell it, but don't actually sell it. Use this sell price, multiply it by 4, and subtract by 1.

Might be known, but...
3. The numbers are probably wrong, but to get the highest price at Retail that an animal will ever by for is to tell Reese to sell it, but don't actually sell it. Use this sell price, multiply it by 4, and subtract by 1.

The re-tail sell price will actually be the default price when you put something in the flea market, so you don't have to check with Reese first :)
Other than that, +1 to this.

there is a day in the week that turnip prices wil be more than 100 bell +

Last edited:
Not sure if these are true or not.

1. Burying bells can produce trees that bear 30,000 bell bags on them.

2. You can get pictures for the Shop owners/Specail Event Villagers.

3. Some characters will be attracted to you more based on what clothing style you are wearing.

Last edited:
Regarding this:
-If you're short on cash and have the Dream Suite, updating your dream town will earn you an easy 5,000 bells. [ONLY ONCE A DAY & ONE CHARACTER]

You can update once a day on each of your characters, so if you have 4, you can get 20,000 bells.
Not sure if that's what you (whoever posted this) meant, but to me, the wording makes it sound like you can only update one time, no matter how many characters you have.

Back