• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Tips for Getting Public Projects

Drew1234

Life imitates art.
Bells
Pear (Fruit)
White Rose
White Cosmos
Cake
Hello everyone! :)

I have been trying for many weeks to get more public projects, without any luck I haven't had any requested.
In fact I only ever had one public project requested and that was over a month ago.... :(

If you have any tips or suggestions for me I would love to hear them.

Have a good day. :)

I've heard that befriending different types of villagers will get you certain projects. Avery, my cranky eagle, always requests Zen stuff from me. Have you been running errands and talking to people?

I can't remember where I read it but someone said you're more likely to get projects suggested to you if you have one in the process of getting built, I tried that and I've been getting one every day now so I recommend doing that. Then you just need to get 'pinged' by villagers.

To hurry up the process of getting 'pinged' by villagers, you can try the 'diving method' where you go out to sea and idle for 5~ minutes then go round the villagers and see which one wants to talk to you but imo I find that a little tedious/boring.

Instead I just Save & Quit, reload my file and walk round (I normally get pinged by the first villager I see) and if it isn't a PWP I Save & Quit and do it again.

Whatever method you choose make sure your inventory is empty and you have no bells either. That reduces the chance of them selling you an item or buying something when they 'ping' you.

the better your friendship your have with your villagers in general the more likely they are to ping you I find.
Most of the time when I go out my house someone comes running up to me right away.
You don't actually have to go all the way down to the beach. If you just keep on fishing in the river for at least 5 minutes will do it.

The one villager I hate and ignore is always requesting them. So befriending may not even be part of it. I think it's just random, no real full proof formula for it.

Stupid Pierce won't stop suggesting the ugliest projects. But I build every one he asks for and he seems to keep asking. And then I demolish the ones I didn't really want.

Whatever method you choose make sure your inventory is empty and you have no bells either. That reduces the chance of them selling you an item or buying something when they 'ping' you.

If you fill your inventory with things they don't want to buy or trade for, that eliminates their urge to give you stuff. I fill my inventory with coins and tools and keep whatever money I have on me, so I only get requests that don't involve items and money.

I want Zen projects but I never get 'em! I heard Uchi villagers can request them as well as Cranky ones, but I haven't gotten any. I'll have to try these tips out. ^^

Just tried this:

Instead I just Save & Quit, reload my file and walk round (I normally get pinged by the first villager I see) and if it isn't a PWP I Save & Quit and do it again.

Along with this:

If you fill your inventory with things they don't want to buy or trade for, that eliminates their urge to give you stuff. I fill my inventory with coins and tools and keep whatever money I have on me, so I only get requests that don't involve items and money.

I reset 4 times and was about to give up because nobody was pinging me, then Tank finally pinged me and started saying something along the lines of "you know what this town needs?" and I was excited! Then he requested.....an instrument shelter -___- wtf is that? Lol....so I just quit without saving and I'm gonna try again

Edit: Just looked it up and its the weather predictor thing....kind of mad I reset now -_- but whatever lol

Edit again: Hating myself, just saved & quit 5 more times and the only pings I got were to change Fuchsia's greeting, and Shari telling me she was moving :( Really want the police station!

Last edited:
i found a really good way to get your villagers to at least ping you from tumblr.

it requires a wetsuit. jump in the ocean in your village and get stung by a jellyfish. you must get stung. and then go out and run around your town until a villager pings you. it might item-related, petition, delivery, or saying-related though, but i've gotten pwps out of it. the idea is that after getting stung by a jellyfish, it will trigger a ping from a random villager (if you don't get pinged, go back and get stung again)

but i've tried this method many times and i've gotten pinged 99% of the time i've done it. i've gotten many pwps out of it! hope it works for you guys too!

Last edited:
then Tank finally pinged me and started saying something along the lines of "you know what this town needs?" and I was excited! Then he requested.....an instrument shelter -___- wtf is that? Lol....

Ohh it isn't necessarily the prettiest project ever, but it's handy. It can give you an almost completely accurate weather forecast for the next hour. ^^ I built the instrument shelter in a nice spot and now I can have an idea of what the weather could be like in an hour.

Anyway, personally, I just play. Hahaha. I used to do the swimming trick and it worked to certain extent, but I feel it was much more effort than what was really necessary. Now I just spend hours walking around my town tweaking things, and they suggest me projects. I have been getting new project requests for almost 15 days straight now. ^^

Last edited:
I have only had a few requests myself. I just fill up my inventory with shells and walk around town with no money. I tend to do this only when I had a public work in progress and it got me a few pings (not on the same day, I have only ever had 1 pwp suggesting in a day). I also noticed on days that I had a PWP just built that I got some pings too.

Back