Pokémon Thoughts on using an emulator shiny hunt at 2x speed?

Vonny

Bells
I'm attempting a shiny run on Pearl and hunting a starter at the beginning of the game for the first time. The cutscene is unbelievably slow compared to soft resetting and MM so I came up with the emulator 2x speed solution (copied my save) If I'm successful I'll trade it to my official cartridge.

What's everyone's thoughts on this? Would you consider it an unethical shiny?

Nope, go for it!
My fiance just replaced the battery on my old pokemon Silver and I plan on using my pokemon stadium to shiny hunt at 3x speed.
Just have fun with it :)

completely valid imo shiny hunting is excruciating anyway so as far as i'm concerned use anything u can to make it easier for yourself! ppl who would say it's an "unethical" shiny would say that anyway bc it's coming from an emulator, so not official hardware which gets a lot of folks up in arms for some reason? i've had trouble with ppl saying since i use mons i get from surprise trade to breed my own mons then anything i breed is considered a "legal hack"....i mean good luck proving that since everything i breed is generated within the game's confines and using the game's rules...the only thing hacked mons do for me is give me easy access to egg moves and aesthetic balls lmao, i always breed my own or if it's unbreedable i catch it myself

Back