This looks disappointing

why are you pretending that it'll be full price

if you want to complain about how expensive it is, complain about the cards lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

you don't even need a card binder. the ar cards came in a piece of paper and I'm pretty sure no one lose them.

why are you pretending that it'll be full price

if you want to complain about how expensive it is, complain about the cards lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

you don't even need a card binder. the ar cards came in a piece of paper and I'm pretty sure no one lose them.

I lost the AR cards

Hmm, I doubt this game will be priced at full price like a normal Nintendo game at release since it is a spinoff.

I lost those like a week after i had my 3ds (since I never used them.)

But you really don't need a card binder. At the current moment I have almost 2000 pokemon cards sitting in an old art set thing I bought a long time ago. Assuming the cards will be the same size as pokemon cards, you could get away with a deck box or one of those plastic boxes that hold 100 and just buy another as you need them.

If this is a $15-20 downloadable game for the 3DS, I'll be all over it. If it's being packaged and priced as a full on game, probably not.

I don't get why people are judging even before the release of the game?

It's worth trying before you judge.

I think this would be an awesome idea for like a free download from the Nintendo eShop and to purchase the cards separately (the cards would have to be cheap though who wants to pay allot for cards) but I highly doubt that'll be the case :(
It looks super cute, but probably not worth the price.

I think this would be an awesome idea for like a free download from the Nintendo eShop and to purchase the cards separately (the cards would have to be cheap though who wants to pay allot for cards) but I highly doubt that'll be the case :(
It looks super cute, but probably not worth the price.

My thoughts exactly.

Honestly I think it would be better if you bought the game for maybe a little cheaper than what ACNL costs, but it lets you access any villager's home. We don't even know what cards are available right now. I know it's a way for Nintendo to get more money and the cards are like 'amiibos,' but the game would be more worth it and it might make more people buy it imo.

Last edited:
What did you think of Nintendo Land? It's the same premise. Not a full-length game, but also not full price either.

Since Nintendo is doing the whole F2P thing, the actual game will most likely not cost a lot, but the amount of cards will.
At first i thought it was just a free thing that you can use to actually decorate villagers homes in your own town, but after i saw the trailer i was very much "oh, that looks boring". The whole things is basically you designing a room that a villager wants in a specific style.

I'm probably not going to get this, because i think it'd be a waste of money/time.

I'm really not keen on Happy Home Designer from what I've seen so far. It looks like they're taking just one element of Animal Crossing (interior decoration) and trying to pass it off as an entire game.

Even if the game was F2P, I would likely not get it. After all, the "cards" will cost money, and it is likely that getting all of the cards (I'm a completionist) would end up costing more than the price of a full game.

I like Animal Crossing as a whole - as a game with dozens of varied activities to peruse at your leisure. Taking one small part of that and selling it as a stand-alone seems greedy and uncreative. It really does look disappointing.

I wouldn't say they released enough information about it yet - regarding price and gameplay.
Although it looks like it could be a side game or mini game to the original series, I think there's hope that this game could turn out to be wonderful!

i feel bad for saying this but i have to agree! it just doesn't bring enough excitement to the table for me personally. it feels like nintendo just wants to milk the animal crossing franchise for all it's worth with this announcement. i'd much rather have a fully-fleshed out game for the wii u (even though city folk was kinda meh).

My guess is that it'll probably be a Nintendo Estore exclusive which will retail for maybe about $9.99 or so. Not a full game.

Back