• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Things You Want New Horizons To Get Rid Of

Weird, I wonder if this happened after some sort of patch or update. I had my town for two years and never got this request, but the moment I opened my gates and/or visited a town (did both for the first time on the same day), it was Petition this and Signatures that. Either way, I hope they exclude this kind of thing. I really do prefer to play alone.
I agree, sometimes people are not available to open their gate, either. :/

I usually only "play" with others for item/villager trading purposes.

I am glad that the grass being trampled is gone. I remember how ugly it looked, especially with how often I run around aimlessly.

Aside of those I initially hoped pitfalls would be gone, but with bigger inventory confirmed, I don't see as much issue with them taking up space upon digging up.

I do hope though that the house score is gone. I see what it is supposed to be, and I know it's optional, but I don't want to be passive aggressively be told my home looks bad according to "standards."

A decrease in random stuff anywhere.

For example: pitfalls, boots in the water, bugs or fish in villager houses, villagers suddenly wearing ugly shirts, unmovable stones, furniture gifts you already have had a 1000 times...

I guess what i mean to say is random and unnecessary cluttering of the game :p i just don't think it fits the game, and a lot of it you don't need for realistic purposes or something like that

For example: pitfalls, boots in the water, bugs or fish in villager houses, villagers suddenly wearing ugly shirts, unmovable stones, furniture gifts you already have had a 1000 times...

I have to disagree with a majority of these.

• Pitfalls - Fun to look for, and lookout for. There's no reason to get rid of them
  • Boots in water - This is a game, and there has to be bad luck options for players.
  • bugs or fish in villager houses - why is this a problem? Let them decorate their houses as they see fit.
  • villagers suddenly wearing ugly shirts - Well that's mighty shallow of you. Why can't they be free to express their own freedom? Just tell Isabelle you don't like their clothing at the very least.
  • unmovable stones - This is already removed from New Horizons, and although annoying, it's just a part of the the map.
  • furniture gifts - Not sure what to say here. Out of the millions of players, some are guaranteed to see an item they've had before.

Last edited:
|sf>Most of the things in this thread don't bug me, but I'm so glad I won't have to spend an hour watering wilted flowers (which was especially bad late at night on the Wii when you fell asleep and forgot where you left off or got chewed out from a co-owner of the town the next day for overlooking a rare hybrid).

One other thing has really bugged me however. This is the fifth AC game. Gulliver usually talks about his mates from his ship while he is shipwrecked. Instead of seeing one of his "mates" pick him up from the island in a rowboat, Gulliver magically 'returns' to his ship after we save him. I just hope we finally see a quick 'Katie-like' segment for one of Gulliver's "mates" to pick him up from the island. This could also use one of the 'missing' NPCs like Pascal or Phinneous (?sp).

Things I'm not sure are gone:

Villagers moving without a warning. It would be nice if Isabelle or the moving villager knocks on your door the next time you play (and not when you're away), and warns that they're thinking of leaving. For a stress-free game, having to make sure no one is leaving without you knowing is pretty stressful lol.

Gyroids popping up daily. Was it daily? Can't remember, but when I'm fossil-hunting hoping to find something, getting a gyroid instead can be annoying. While I know some people use it in their homes, I dunno, personally they haven't done it for me since WW lol. But the Brewster ones are nice.

Things I KNOW are gone (as far as I know):

Grass deterioration. While there are towns that take advantage of them and are very lovely, it's an overall painful feature. It made me feel like I had to choose between paths or just not running (which isn't realistic). But as it seems so far, it may be gone now?

PWP/object placement restrictions. I'm SO glad this is gone. Having Isabelle, as cute as she is, tell me I can't place "X" 2 spaces forward, etc. from "X" is infuriating lol. This is one of the biggest things I look forward to: finally have the freedom to decorate as we please-- and with furniture now!

Bonus: Most things not having to take a whole day to appear. I know that there are bridges that need to be built like before, but better than it being everything now!

Mail Hell. I love getting mail from loved ones. But I don't want to load my game knowing that my mail is about to pop, and I HAVE to sort through them for a peace of mind lol. Now we have world mail peace. <3

That's all I can think of right now.

Last edited:
Gyroids popping up daily. Was it daily? Can't remember, but when I'm fossil-hunting hoping to find something, getting a gyroid instead can be annoying. While I know some people use it in their homes, I dunno, personally they haven't done it for me since WW lol. But the Brewster ones are nice.

They only popped up when it rained, so it wasn’t daily, more once in a blue moon, except when rainy season starts, then it’s almost daily

I would love it if you could tell Isabelle to "lock" a couple of villagers on the island, making them unable to move, just for peace of mind, but yeah. I atleast hope like many others that its easier to prevent it.

I hated the grass deteriation as well. It was a reason to throw paths everywhere or not run a lot of the time, but it became impossible to avoid happening for me.

I'm super happy with the flower thing, although there was an ordinance for that.

Last edited:
Back