Things they need to bring back!

I like the old Mario and Luigi statue items and the statues you got after paying your home, I wish that would all come back.
Oh and not so watered down villager personalities.
Lets throw in the Aerobics radio while we are at it.
Finally, I miss my baby Wisp. : (

The Museum entirely. I miss being able to make constellations. The Museum shop is useless, if you ask me. Then there's Blathers, or should I say baby chick. I liked it when Blathers gave you neat information on the stuff you donated. And finally, Brewster's. The Cafe is nice and all, but I think it was better when it was in the Basement.

I miss the graphics. Of course, the old graphics were kinda dated and jagged, but they were also cuter and more, I dunno, "homey" I guess? The new graphics look great for customization and clothes and stuff, but it doesn't really look like "animal crossing".
plus the music.

I never played the older games but the Flea Market event sounds like something I would have enjoyed a lot.

Ah yes, the flea market. By the way, it was something where villagers visited you and bought all your furniture at 2-3 times the value Tom Nook would buy it off you for. I use it for selling fish and fossils. Snooty villagers always paid the highest prices. I managed to sell a araprima(?) for 27,000 to Amelia once. Happy days.

I also want the Roost to return to the basement of the Museum. It always had a cosy feel to it that way. And constellations as well. Those were fun.

I forgot about Wisp, it'd be amazing to have him back!

I miss having Advance Play. Imagine, for AC:WiiU, being able to load your 3DS with a small NES or SNES game that you can then save to the device to play whenever you want.

I really liked how you could ask villagers for work or play with a ball. Also the personalities and dialogues definitely. Also how blathers would ramble on about your donations. I do like the finesse and customization in ACNL, but I think it's lacking some of its original charm

I liked to get messages in bottles by the beach... It was cute and fun!

I really want back a lot of the missing villagers (so many lost anteaters and chickens). Also, assigned housing plots for villagers, nothing more irritating than having a move-in take out the cherry grove.

Last edited:
Everything from Population Growing. No, just everything. In fact, the next game needs to be an HD remake for the Wii U but with character customization that's on par with New Leaf (Although the funny looking hats your characters wore in that game should be an item that you start off with rather than something only accessed by patterns), online play, laying patterns on the ground, more emphasis on flowers, DLC, make the island a combination of Population Growing's and New Leaf's where you could take your own items and have an islander but also have tours and medals, and finally have more house customization. That's all we need. Remix the original music, because that's the best music in the series. That's all they gotta do. Would make me happier than a new game, to be honest.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, and anything that required a GBA in the original game should require a 3DS/2DS in the remake, i.e. the Island and being able to make Pro Patterns for free at Able's. And the virtual pet simulator for the Island on your GBA should come back too, but as downloadable software that you get for free when visiting the Island. Downloadable because you could save and re-visit when not connected to the Wii U. (Unlike the GBA one where you had to keep the console on otherwise you'd have to go back to the Island) Wow, this is starting to sound like a really good idea. Could someone out there pitch this as an idea to Nintendo, or even better, Animal Crossing's developers? I'm not really brave enough to do it myself.

Last edited:
I miss the flea market and that option where you can customize your inventory by dragging a pattern to the bottom right hand corner

I'd like them to bring back the times when there wasn't any grass wear, however at the same time, I know that some people like to make natural paths. Maybe they could think of another way for the best of both worlds.

I thought they might make it so that if you walk/run with shoes on your grass wears down, but if you have bare feet it stays intact. I thought that would be a really good idea but it's definitely not the case in New Leaf :(

I doubt they will, but I would love it if the playable video games from the game cube animal crossing came back.

I miss the events about the townsfolk from Wild World, and Blathers's tangents. I also miss morning aerobics!

Back