Things only people with Divorced parents understand

my parents divorced when i was 8. it was for the best because it wouldn't have gotten anywhere had they not split. probably wouldn't have been a good environment for me to grow up in either. i'm now over 18, but my dad still sends me money every month. but before that, when we did received child support, my mom was responsible with the money for sure. can't imagine what that would've been like had she not been. my dad has his annoying cheapskate moments but overall i'm thankful. i'm also lucky that my parents get along fine nowadays.

ugh yeah, when I was 5 my parents got a divorce and its all about money and all and I seriously haven't gotten new clothes since the beginning of the year and like, my dad expects me to make my own money... I actually live with my dad and 2 brothers .-.

Even though my parents aren't divorced, I can still understand your frustration. Your mom and I'm assuming step-dad need to set their priorities straight. Try not to keep your feelings bottled up and let both parties know exactly how you feel. Your feelings of resentment and irritation will not cease otherwise.

Even though my parents aren't divorced, I can still understand your frustration. Your mom and I'm assuming step-dad need to set their priorities straight. Try not to keep your feelings bottled up and let both parties know exactly how you feel. Your feelings of resentment and irritation will not cease otherwise.

I can't speak out against them or I end up scolded, and told I am wrong. You begin to see the reasoning behind why I do not like ignorant people, they know they're wrong but they just wont admit it. To be fair I am incredibly powerless against this whole ordeal. A few more years of this crap and I am gone. My Dad promised to help me out through life, and I seriously do wish I lived with him. The courts now days always are in favor for the mother for some odd reason. My Dad lives in a WAAAAAAAAY better area, and to him I am basically the reasoning for his existence. So when I go over there I have a Dad from a really good dream.

i don't really have parents i just live with my grandma and brother
however my father who lives far away has been sending us money lately.

I cant even remember my parents divorce. I was one or two.

Mabye thats for the better, though.

My mom pretty much manipulated my dad into not making her pay child support.
All of her money went into my 2 other sisters.
She occasionally bought me petty things when she felt like she wasn't talking to me that much, but other than that, she just left me alone.

my parents are split but when ur dads paralysed from jumping out a window and is in prison for stabbin ur mum and breakin and enterin ur house on ur birthday its a bit more complicated than child support

Parents are a nuisance. The most valuable thing my psychologist told me is that if I ever want to succeed in finding some form of happiness, I had to "let them go". Their problems, my search for their acceptance, everything. I`m finally getting the hang of that. They never divorced though. They wasted 40 years of their lives on eachother, sometimes I think they are afraid of being happy, because the contrast to the way they lived their life in agony would burn them out completely.

Its sad you are a victim of the struggle between your parents. It baffles me that parents so often are clueless in what they do to their children. Reluctant to face the truth, reluctant to do whats right even if it means putting their childs needs first.

And like you said, it also baffles me that the mother is still looked at first as the most qualified parent to take care of the child. Its sexism, I thought we were way past that, this day and age. I wish you the best, hold on and let it inspire you to do better.

Back