Things only Animal Crossing people will understand

Friend 1: "In your opinion, who do you think is the worst villain in any game?"
Friend 2: "It's Bowser, DUH!"
Friend 3: "No, it's obviously Handsome Jack!"
Friend 1: "What about you, Maestro?"
Me: "The worst villain in any game? It's Tom Nook!"

True Animal Crossing fans will know why Tom Nook is the worst villain in any game.

Tom Nook is such a bad villain that he isn't even a villain at all.

As someone has already said, I compare ACNL paintings or pieces of art to their real life counterparts. When I see them IRL, I think "Hey, it's absolutely gorgeous! And... I've seen it in ACNL! Wonder if Redd will have it available anytime soon for me to buy a replica of it for my home?". I also can identify some butterflies and bugs because of the game.

Nothing worse than pulling out too fast. It ruins the experience. Also if we're posting pics:
18ueho8ffvibpjpg.jpg

Last edited:
Tom Nook is such a bad villain that he isn't even a villain at all.

When I meant bad, I didn't mean bad *at* being a villain, I meant bad as in evil. Nook wasn't intended to be a villain but us Animal Crossing peeps know the truth about that devious man...raccoon...tanooki animal

"I'VE SEEN THIS FISH IN ANIMAL CROSSING!!"
-AC players visiting an aquarium

I did this a lot when I visited the Kaiyukan (big aquarium in Osaka, Japan). The Kaiyukan has Japanese giant beetles on exhibit too - the same sorts of beetles in AC. :D

I used to avoid walking on grass in real life because of fear of grass deterioration.

Last edited:
Haha, I can't look at whale sharks the same... they look so smooth and I wanna rub my face on them...
My friends also agree w/ this! >w>;

Leaf's are furniture.
My best friend in town is a talking *insert animal breed*
Oh this person is a peppy, grumpy, smug type. XD
Diving for pwp. Actually pwp in general.
Perfect fruit. How do you explain in real life oh this tree died it made fruit like nine times.

Cutting down a tree in three chops. Axes breaking after so many uses.
Oh I know stump patterns.

Friend: Hey, do you want to hang out today?
Me: Sorry, I can't. I'm supposed to visit Fauna's house later, and I have to do some beetle hunting on the island too.

I never make time for my villagers unless they're coming over or I'm going to their house immediately. Am I a bad neighbor? ^^"

Sometimes during the summer I wake up at 6am just so I could be the first to do the morning aerobics on Animal Crossing GCN. I actually went for 14 days once and got my own personal aerobics radio :D

A lot of times I identify artwork with Animal a Crossing. I'll see a pic of the Great Wave and think, Oh, dynamic painting!

Also, I was playing a different game and I caught an "ancient fish" and I immediately said "No it's called a coelacanth"

Back