• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Theme ideas

tripleS

Bells
Does anyone have any unique island theme ideas because I reset my island all the time bc I'm never happy with it Lmao 🙄

The whole point of my island is to not have a theme ^^ I like to call it my Fandom mess island, if you wanted it to be core, it would be Fandom Core.

I incorporated various fandoms into my island, and designed it around them. Focusing one the four major fandoms of it:
South Park, MLP, Danganronpa, Frozen, Ive got four major areas themed around them. On top of those, I also have various other refrenses of other fandoms I love, or nods to favorites ^^ to appease my love of Pokemon I've got wild Pokemon scattered all over the island.

Im told with out the fandom stuff my island could easily be a fantasy island with how its layed out and designed. But Im never changing it. It took alot of work to get it to where it is now. I love the pay off ^^
--
But my advice is to not worry about a theme, and do what you want. Also never keep other's approval in mind, just let your creativity take control.

Best of luck!

personally i find a couple of things helpful:
  1. write down things! start with general thoughts and aspects of towns that you really enjoy. some of mine are: courtyards, farms, mazes and game inspired islands. from that, i could brainstorm a rural farm village in autumn with a haybale maze or a zelda influenced island with a big castle section with a cute town square and a silly forest maze, or many more.
  2. focus on smaller sections of the island rather than the big whole all at once. look through pinterest/here/youtube/ig/tumblr etc. for inspo. start collecting builds or themes you find interesting and thinking about how you could tie them together and do your own take on them (ie. you like the pool and forest builds that some people do so you make your island a massive community park with lots of green space and services)
  3. think about your favorite furniture pieces and build spaces and island themes off of them. (ie. you like a lot of the dresses and bedroom furniture, maybe you have a fashion forward city themed island where every villager is a different type of fashion artist: hatter, shoemaker, etc.)
  4. narrow down your color palette. a lot of things look visually disorganized if they have too many colors incorporated unless the colors are the theme (ie. rainbow). so i would pick no more than 3 or 4 colors and focus on using those predominantly but especially with flowers and bushes
  5. get specific with it! i think too vague themes are not that helpful so i always tend to lean into narrowing it down further with a season and a few central furniture/space themes. examples: a western themed island that is also post apocalypse cyberpunk. a summer lake side town with lots of boats and fireworks. a winter expedition to alaska with a penguins and a large frozen boat. a regular town slowly being overtaken by a mystical mushroom forest. etc. etc.
hopefully some of that is of use to you! best of luck and make sure to lean into things that bring you joy! this is supposed to be a fun game haha.

Oh I had the same problem not long ago. I would suggest a trip to Pinterest. What you will like and not is not something I could tell you but my process was:

- went to Pinterest and saw that Mykonos Greek island.

- than I checked which villagers would fit and how many of my dreamies I can include (I had to give up on Kabuki, I am so sad 😭 )

- I saw Klaus and ankha and then it hit me: Caesar and Cleopatra

So that was how it got me started. Your inspiration may come from something else, maybe you will see a cool build you have never thought of and you definitely wanna put on your island and the rest comes by itself.

By the way the builds in Pinterest are insane you notice that there are so many items you don’t even know of and how they can be cool when you used them in a theme.

My old island had two themes: half Italian half Japanese. Because I had many Japanese dreamies but I loved building both Italian and Japanese towns.

Unless you are sharing it on a platform (or even if you share) at the end of the day the island, the console and the game is yours and you have all the right to choose how wanna enjoy your time with it. Go crazy!

Back