The Sword and the Pen

Propaganda Man

Bells
<big><big><big><big><big>The Sword and the Pen</big></big></big></big></big><big></big><big><big>

In the lands of the Forums the evil group Staff is plotting to rule the lands with an iron fist. The 3 Elders of the Wishing Well realize that they must embark on a quest to find a sword that can destroy this threat. Death is in the air but OneTooMany will not let anyone die. For friends are the only things he has.

swordandpenix5.png

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Graphics coming soon!

</big></big>
<big>

Some of it I don't understand yet, but I sound freaking awesome. Good story so far.

Also, the name One too Many doesn't actually sound like a name... Try capitalizing all of the name or squishing the name together so it's all one word.

Chapter 1

Today was a great day. For today OneTooMany was to be instated into the M.A. (Members Alliance) where he can finally become a man. All around him were legendary users of M.A., Dragonflamez, Propaganda Man, and Ultrabyte. How happy he is to be able to have his insignificant name next to the ones of his heroes. Today was a day he would never forget.

Ultrabyte raised her hand in the air and without a delay silence filled the tensioned filled air. She said, "All rise! The ceremony begins! Today is a grand day where the M.A. greets and welcomes a new member. A member who is brave, strong, smart, and caring. Through out his tests he didn't complain about the problem, he only talked about the solution. Never wasting time from side quests; always keeping our goal in mind. Please welcome OneTooMany to Members Alliance!" And the crowd roared, not because it was customary but because they truly cared for him and were glad to see him with them. As the cheering continued, Propaganda Man carefully placed metal ring through his ear marking him as a member.

Soon enough, the cheering died down and Dragonflamez announced, "As you know, or should, this is our final gathering. For after this Propaganda Man, Copper, Ultrabyte, Gengar, OneTooMany, and I will set out on a quest to bring down the Staff, and bring back the Forum Land to us!" OneTooMany stood dumbfounded....he couldn't understand why he would be sent on such a mission a few minutes after he was inducted. And why not everyone else was....

Ultrabyte came over to him closing his open jaw. She commanded "Meet us at the bridge in 3 hours. Bring everything you need and give away everything else."

Without uttering a word, he headed for home, not sure if was to be happy or scared.

Propaganda Man said:
UltraByte said:
Some of it I don't understand yet, but I sound freaking awesome. Good story so far.

Also, the name One too Many doesn't actually sound like a name... Try capitalizing all of the name or squishing the name together so it's all one word.
The first chapter is in the eyes of OneTooMany (;)) and being that he is a new recruit he wouldn't know much. As time goes on I will change characters in chapters so you can see their view.
That'll be interesting.

Chapter 2

The night was still, everyone was ready for the quest except OneTooMany. They only carried weapons, memories, and hope. Hope not for that they may keep their life, but that if they unlikely escape this death march, they could see their family again and live their old life. Ultrabyte knew it was false hope, they all did. She looked around once more for OneTooMany, surprisingly eager to start as if she wanted to die sooner. How she hated herself. How she felt pity for OneTooMany...so young...He had yet to feel love. All he cared about was M.A. and one day becoming a member. He left his home for this alliance, and this alliance is what is going to kill him.

The weary stillness was broken as loud footsteps came running towards the bridge. She then saw OneTooMany as she never had before....he was always prepared to listen....not to lead....

"Got my weapons and horse right here!" gleamed OneTooMany, "Shall we be off then?"

"Yes, we shall, but the horse stays." commanded Propaganda Man

"Why? We are one! We have never left each others side since I was a lad!"

"That is precisely why we must leave him behind."

"What! That doesn't make any sense!"

"Do you dare question the word of the elders?" said Dragonflamez.

"But...!"

"Do you?"

"No....forgive me...."

"Dragonflamez, Propaganda Man, may I talk to you for a seconded?" said Ultrabyte.

"Very well..." The three went to the opposite side "What is it?"

"I know you want the horse to stay so it is not killed, but if what OneTooMany says is true, then who are we to separate the one that we need? It seems he would die for that horse as well as any of us!"

"I see, very well." The three came back to the rest of the group, "You may keep your....horse...But if it dies, you will not waste our precious little time."

A childish smile spread across OneTooMany's face.

"Where are we off too?" said Gengar.

"To see....Mino...."

Chapter 3

Mino....that name....it sounded so familiar yet distant....OneTooMany searched his mind as he walked across the fields of The Whishing Well....

Mino:The only Ex Sage to still be alive. He is gifted with magic of the lounge and knowledge. Thought of by many to be more dangerous than any and feared more than death. Traitor to the Staff and the people of the Forum Lands.

Encyclopedia of the Forums

OneTooMany didn't mind that the book said he was dangerous...how much trouble could he be with 3 Elders walking towards him right now? Yet, there was something in the back of his mind that told him he was wrong, but he ignored it. Now was not the time to focus on the problem, it was the solution that required his attention. But it still worried him....

After many hours of walking they decided to set up camp for the night. OneTooMany didn't bother, he'd rather sleep under the stars with his friend Forte. How he loved that horse. He was the greatest friend he could ever ask for. OneTooMany didn't know what was happening but the look of death was shown in everyone's eyes despite their straight faces. OneTooMany was just thankful and relieved that he was blessed that he would be able to spend his last months with his best friend. He knew Forte thought the same. After all, they are one.

After a while Copper finished getting settled and came over to see whats up with OneTooMany. Copper wasn't a particularly strong or smart fellow but he was brave and had a terrific conscious. He would have made an excellent leader and mentor had he not been cursed with this fate.

Copper didn't say anything as he sat down next to OneTooMany. He just watched him shoot arrows into the woods. To Copper it looked randomly but he didn't ask.

After a few minutes OneTooMany said, "Copper....whats going on?"

"What do you mean?"
"It's just that...why are we so far away from the Wishing Well? Why do we need so many strong people to see one man?"
"Mino is a very strong man, he could kill us if he wanted too. But all of us are here for a much bigger threat."
"What is this threat?"
"I'm not to sure my self, but what I do know is that I need to help. I think we are going to Mino to find out my self."
"Is this....quest that hopeless though? In everyone's eyes....even yours...is death. I don't know what I'm feeling...I am scared but I want to be brave, but I'm afraid I would confuse bravery with haste and foolishness...."
"Let me be scared for the both of us. You are to good to worry about such things."
"But you are the nicest man I've ever known!"
"Everyone of us has his or her dark side, and each one of us has a light side. You are blessed with one."

OneTooMany's face slowly spread a wide childish grin as he accepted the comfort of his knew friend. But that small moment ended quickly as before him a giant metal bot came out of the bushes. Afraid it my see them none of the three moved. As it scanned the field it's eyes locked on OneTooMany. It slowly raised it's right arm and a cannon (where it's hand should be) started glowing up. Copper stood up and ran yelling things to OneTooMany but he didn't hear them for they didn't matter. He looked over to his right to see Forte not moving either. OneTooMany hastily took a bow from his quiver, aimed and shot the arrow into the mouth of the bot. It fell backwards shooting the trees behind it. To OneTooMany's surprise the trees didn't catch on fire...nothing did...they just disappeared. The lazer stopped and the smoke cleared. Copper saw something that left him breathless. Across dozens of the tree trunks lay small animals stuck to the trees by arrows.

Copper looked to OneTooMany and said, "We have to go now!"
"But it's dead!"
"True, but if we don't leave we will be too."

Chapter 4

Bulrais was not a strong man, in fact, he was weak. He wasn't brave either. But....he was a genius. He could calculate the outcome of a chess game by simply knowing the opponent. He was evil too... Countless times he has banned members left and right for not bowing low enough and then again for bowing too high even though they didn't move. He was the perfect villain. But, he was not free, not with the idiot Storm leading the TBT HQ. Storm was a fool. He was blind. He didn't know the power he held nor did he care what others did...A wicked grin spread on the face of Bulerais. "Soon..." he thought, "soon the forums will belong to me." For years Bulerais has trained bring a tolerance for pain. Numb emotionally and physically he would bring the perfect dictatorship over the forums.

Looking at the setting sun he realized he was late for his lessons with the Linkernator. He picked up a bottle of a green liquid and spread it over his hand. He then quickly rose up out of his seat and walked through the vast halls of the HQ.

Time passed by and he stopped in front of a door. Without having to knock a boy opened it up and without hesitation bowed as if it was as normal as sleep. Bulerais stepped in with a kind yet empty smile. He sat down in the largest chair which was recently polished for this meeting. When he was comfortable he said, "Hello child. It has been last since your last confession has it not?"
"Yes, it has, me being on my quest and all...." said Linkinator.
"How was your quest? Did it succeed?"
"The quest was fine, my group were idiots and weak. I came close to killing them...."
"Did you succeed?"
"Yes"
"Grand! How many of those cretin did you kill?"
"About.... 15!"
"Very well done my boy!"

"Master.....there is something else though....something that...troubles me..."
"Hold that thought, let me make you a cold drink, you look feverish!" He took a glass from the cupboard and placed it on the counter. While he was reaching for water he knocked the cup over the counter with his elbow. With an unnatural reflex he caught the cup upright enclosing his hands on the rim of the cup leaving a soft green glow.
"How very foolish of me! Sometimes I wonder if I am even a good master to you..." He said as he finished the drink and gave it to Linkinator.
"Now, continue."

"Well, as we were on the way home we got ambushed by these weak stupid men." He took a sip. "I killed them quickly of course but...."
"Continue"
"Never mind"

"Linkinator, if you don't tell me everything than this confession wouldn't be done correctly, and that would upset me deeply" He said with an impatient yet kind tone.
"Well, in the attack I killed an innocent man, he was farming his farm and offering my group food. I saw him right after I killed the infidels and they both wore dark cloths....I didn't mean to kill him but I did. I have killed more than 100 already but this one stuck. He was weak but he wasn't an imbecile....he believed in the cause! He was innocent! I felt a pain in my chest....I almost cried....I never knew killing could be so painful....I guess I ju-" Linkinator quickly grabbed his throat as he gasped for air, looking wildly around the room twisting his neck in every direction looking for help. He clasped. Unable to move a muscle he lay on the ground looking up to see Bulerais's disappointed face beaming down on him.

"You stupid child.....EVERYONE IS AN ENEMY! The seconded you feel remorse for what you have done the seconded you have became weak. YOU INFIDEL! I have given you years of my life to make you strong. Yet you ignore my teachings and feel sorry for a STUPID WEAK FARMER!" Tears rolled down both of each others eyes. "YOU DISGUST ME! I have my connections BOY. I know what you think and what you will say before you. I poison the glass with a paralysis because I know you are weak. I AM YOU. Have I not been good to you? Always giving you a share of my food, always letting you take the more amusing ones to kill? You idiot!" Without a hesitation or delay Bulerais killed the boy in the most painful way. He took away the boy's man hood, ripped out his intestines and left him to bleed to death. Bulerais left with a wicked grin spread across his face.

Back