• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Resetting Thread

^kinda bad map tbh unless you can build a bridge or two at once. no offense.

also keeping the one i have now. and finally got kidd to move ugh dont need him

I wonder how much time i will waste resetting for a good map xD

*EDIT*
Less than a day OWO
24qmwe0.png

I love maps like these, they're so nice and just visually appealing. *-*

See i'm the opposite, i always like the villager to be split into two halves in the middle xD
but in WW i always wanted the ones like above

Do you think it's worth resetting over your town name alone

I literally have no other objections with my town or map or anything but lately my name's been bugging me with the deliberate misspelling.

Does "Mellody" even look extremely awkward or is it just me?

Do you think it's worth resetting over your town name alone

I literally have no other objections with my town or map or anything but lately my name's been bugging me with the deliberate misspelling.

Does "Mellody" even look extremely awkward or is it just me?

Depends why you spelled it that way imo. If it was just a random decision, I would reset it because that kind of thing matters to me, but if it means something to you then keep it! It doesn't really look awkward

I wonder how much time i will waste resetting for a good map xD

*EDIT*
Less than a day OWO
24qmwe0.png

These maps are the more common ones i see alot in dream towns. I dont really like it because USUALLY the plaza is right in the middle which makes it hard to landscape and decorate the middle part BUT yours is awesome because your town hall is in the center which gives you ample room for pwps.

Last edited:
Personally ATM I'm torn on whether I should reset or not.
I have two towns, one main and the other was for cycling.
And now, somehow, I'm starting to like my cycling town more. I've already fully expanded the house and unlocked Gracie's in both towns, but I just really hate the layout in my main town (it has a river that creates a narrow strip of land at the top which I can't do anything with. I can post it later).
I don't know if I should just keep my main town and make it my cycling although I hate it so much, or I could reset? It sort of seems like a waste since I unlocked the Emporium and did a lot to my museum...idk since I've never reset before @-@

Personally ATM I'm torn on whether I should reset or not.
I have two towns, one main and the other was for cycling.
And now, somehow, I'm starting to like my cycling town more. I've already fully expanded the house and unlocked Gracie's in both towns, but I just really hate the layout in my main town (it has a river that creates a narrow strip of land at the top which I can't do anything with. I can post it later).
I don't know if I should just keep my main town and make it my cycling although I hate it so much, or I could reset? It sort of seems like a waste since I unlocked the Emporium and did a lot to my museum...idk since I've never reset before @-@

I didn't know what to do with the narrow strip of land in my town as welll but then i decided to put my 2nd char named Witch over there and made a foresty path to her house. Some people use the narrow strips for their orchards or hybrid gardens. But yeah its hard to make use of the strip of land, that may be the only con i don't like about my town.

I didn't know what to do with the narrow strip of land in my town as welll but then i decided to put my 2nd char named Witch over there and made a foresty path to her house. Some people use the narrow strips for their orchards or hybrid gardens. But yeah its hard to make use of the strip of land, that may be the only con i don't like about my town.

I can't even put a house there, lol. I mean I could do an orchard or something I guess xD

I can't even put a house there, lol. I mean I could do an orchard or something I guess xD

Another dream town i went to, lined up their villagers on the top strips of land on the left and right side which gave them ALOT of space to work with for pwps.

Ugh, I have this itch to reset again.
Tomorrow, my town will be a month old. But I'm sort of bored with my town! D:
I feel bored with my villagers and my town itself. I feel as though there's not a lot for me to do.
I really like my town, but I sorta want a fresh start.. I don't know.. D:

Ugh, I have this itch to reset again.
Tomorrow, my town will be a month old. But I'm sort of bored with my town! D:
I feel bored with my villagers and my town itself. I feel as though there's not a lot for me to do.
I really like my town, but I sorta want a fresh start.. I don't know.. D:

Don't do it! seriously resist the urge
i was the same, constantly obsessed with resetting for years on Animal crossing,but its just not worth it, and you'll never get setttled if you keep the cycle going

Don't do it! seriously resist the urge
i was the same, constantly obsessed with resetting for years on Animal crossing,but its just not worth it, and you'll never get setttled if you keep the cycle going

Okay, thank you for your opinion. :)
The problem is, I'm unhappy with my town name, too. Honestly, when I got off the train and I liked everything, I began to hate my town name.
I might end up resetting. I haven't done too much in the game, yet.

I did it.. I reset.
So far, I don't regret anything. I think it was good for me to reset.
I'll be happier with this new town.

Last edited:
Is resetting an addiction?

In my experience, it can easily become one, yes. ;) Still, I feel that everyone should play the game however they want, even if that means resetting and what not. :) If you're really unhappy with your town, taking a break can also be a good idea. I'm currently playing another game, not so much because I wanted to reset, but because I completely burnt myself out trying to TT my tenth villager out (only to find out that my chances of succeeding were pretty much non existent). I'll get back to AC:NL in a few days or so. :)

Lols.. people are going to think i'm crazy! I'm plot resetting for villagers ALL over again just so i can squeeze a 10th villager on top of all the houses on the left of my map. This means cycling to get most of my dreamies back... ahahaha

Last edited:
Back