• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Resetting Thread

Mine new town! :
HNI_0011.JPG

^ nice
I don't like the house next to the bridge since it looks a little cramped in that spot now but it's a good map.

Only took 2 hours straight of resetting today, plus 3 hours yesterday...BUT I FINALLY FOUND THIS MAPPPPP
(This is my first copy, my 2nd copy I have deiced to make into a second town)
YAYYAYY
image.jpg
I don't hate anything about it!
What I love
-Plaza isn't all alone in a corner, but not that close to retail! I never considered having it by the town hall!
-PEARS :)
-River is perfect
-left beach!
-green town hall!
-TRIANGLE GRASS! I wanted this because I always get squares, as much as I love squares, I think I love triangles a bit more
-3 PONDS! Ponds are bad to some, but I wanted at least 2-3 for this landscape. A even better thing is that the two by the plaza are all aligned..and every single town I have had has had 1 or at the most, 2.

This to me, was very much worth the 5+ hours it took to find. This is also my first time finding this map :). Guess I got lucky.
Guys, resetting is like a drug. Once you start, it's REALLLY hard to stop. Just find all your cretria, what map you want, and when you reset, say that I will only stop for what I have listed and I won't reset this town after ;)
It may not always work, but remember, willpower!

Ah, and my player name is Kit, as always. The town name is something different. I always go with a town name starting with K, but when I redid this I thought..maybe one with A or M? I was going for Myria for awhile, then Myri, then Azlayl.
Azlayl ended up sticking :)

after a long long two month animal crossing hiatus, i decided to get back into the game and reset my town
my starting villagers were flora, genji, butch, melba, and oliva
lucky is moving in so everything seems to be going great :D

Evening~
I've been fighting myself about resetting, and resulted to this thread for opinions. (Surprisingly.)
I'll be quick to the point:
At first, the town was amazing. It had many villagers I liked, including Rosie. It allowed a lot of room for PWPs, and I generally really liked the layout, despite how rushed to play I was when I chose it.
I've been busy with exams, and couldn't play for a while. My favorite villagers moved away, and two new villagers (Unfortunately not ones I like much.) decided to settle in right in the middle of my path, about two steps away from one of my bridges. The other took up about half a path, and a patch of hybrids I had been looking after. There's much grass wear, including under the path so removing it isn't an option, and every time I play, I think about starting over from scratch.
What would you do? Thanks in advance!

I'd reset with the circumstances you mentioned. I think the only thing that would deter me is if the two villagers were ones I really wanted. But with your favorite villagers moving out, new villagers you're meh on moving in and then mucking up your town, I'd personally reset. Especially since you think about it every time you play.

Evening~
I've been fighting myself about resetting, and resulted to this thread for opinions. (Surprisingly.)
I'll be quick to the point:
At first, the town was amazing. It had many villagers I liked, including Rosie. It allowed a lot of room for PWPs, and I generally really liked the layout, despite how rushed to play I was when I chose it.
I've been busy with exams, and couldn't play for a while. My favorite villagers moved away, and two new villagers (Unfortunately not ones I like much.) decided to settle in right in the middle of my path, about two steps away from one of my bridges. The other took up about half a path, and a patch of hybrids I had been looking after. There's much grass wear, including under the path so removing it isn't an option, and every time I play, I think about starting over from scratch.
What would you do? Thanks in advance!

If you like your map you should keep it! Villagers will come and go :p

Said I wouldn't do it, but I've done it again. I'm resetting. >< I made the awful decision of saving after putting my police station in a dreadful spot (I was just testing it out to see if I liked it), when I saved and quit due to habit and I completely flipped out. This morning when I powered it on, I just hated it all. So, I reset. It's better I reset now, 12 days in, oppose to a month or more, you know? :|
I'm not playing it now at all, as I need time to cool off and focus on other things, but I'll start it up late tonight and take the very first map given to me, because I don't have time to keep resetting like this. I need to keep a town and obsess about making it beautiful, not about resetting over and over again. Besides, my birthday is only 6 days away and I want a town to celebrate it in. So I will have to take the first one given to me and work with it. Hopefully by putting a lot of time and effort into it, I'll start to love it and get attached and not WANT to reset ever again.
Wish me luck~

Haven't reset ever in my new leaf game. Am planning to one day own a second copy of the game. Think it would've been better if you didn't have additional characters live in the same town instead of them becoming mayor of their own town.

wait question for anyone who, when they reset, set their date back a few weeks to gain some stores back

do you bother to dig up fossils as you move forward? i just realized i haven't bothered to do that much at all in my new town OTL

Ah! One villager left until i finally can reset!

YAASS ^u^ *claps*
And if anyone hasn't noticed, I'm too busy to get a New Leaf town. Soo I've been waiting since maybe September to get a town because I have no time at all to get a town in between with school. :c
Well, summer is almost here {two months!} so I'm getting realllyy excited ^u^

Last edited:
Well, i couldn't help myself, so i'll just have to search for Flurry later..I couldn't waste time tting.

I wonder how much time i will waste resetting for a good map xD

*EDIT*
Less than a day OWO
24qmwe0.png

Last edited:
Back