• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Resetting Thread

OMG GUYS I FOUND A NEW ONE JEEJ

11iij5v.jpg

That map is great! The house placement is amazing and I love the villagers! I think you should keep it. c:

I Really really have disliked my layout for a long time. I've reset overall about four times now. I'm considering doing it again because the river placement is bugging me. also im on mobile so I apologize for not linking correctly!

http://imgur.com/X1PERlM

Finally decided I'm going to make mine a Zen town.
It's also my town's 1 month birthday, I'm starting to want a second copy again ._.

It's my town's 3rd day anniversary! Still love it c:

lolherp I just found a town I liked a few days ago. After restarting since January.

In love with my new 2nd town :)
I am gonna be moving all my Dreamies from my first town to my 2nd one today
Well as many as I can get through
I love my layout. Eeeeee excited!!

It's my town's 3rd day anniversary! Still love it c:

lolherp I just found a town I liked a few days ago. After restarting since January.
Wow lotsa resetting. I still have the same town I had on 31st Dec and still love it <3 I've already said that but *shrug*

Nearly a month since Parfait began and ive finally decided my theme for it c:
Yay c: Food town sounds interesting.

Last edited:
I guess I'll join...
It's my town's 11th day anniversary and it's got a very adequate place in my heart.
Just kidding, I'm very happy with my town so far. :D

One of the mods should change the first post to say "If you are unhappy with your layout, we recommend resetting unless there are huge pros to your town."
I've been scrolling through posts and a lot of them say that people don't like their maps, and they're not sure what to do.
I'm making this kindly clear: if you don't like your layout, reset, because it'll continue to bug you as long as you have that town! :)

QUICK QUESTION.
I'm really unhappy with my town layout and the fact that now that I have villagers I love I'll never get some PWP (the uchi ones, since I don't plan on having any uchi villagers at all) and the places I chose to put some of my permanent PWPs so yeah, I've been considering to get a second copy and make that my main town, So I have some questions, I figured out it'd be better to ask here rather to make a new thread so here it goes, I'll be so thankful if you help me out :3

1st. So, I reset for a new town layout I love, and then try to get my town full so I have all personalities and then I can start trying to get all PWPs with the diving trick, is this possible? I'm aware it'd take some time... but I really don't wanna miss on anything just because I don't like any uchi villagers lol!

2nd. Once I achieve this, I'd start trying to get villagers out to make room to my 7 villager I really wanna keep. So, can I like.. empty my town and leave just 3~4 villagers? or I'd have to be doing like.. kick one out, get one from my main town thing?...

Urg, people have told me it'd be easier to just settle down with my town specially since I've almost completed the museum and catalog... and I have 7 villager I really love and... I'm just not sure :C this is killing me!

Urg, people have told me it'd be easier to just settle down with my town specially since I've almost completed the museum and catalog... and I have 7 villager I really love and... I'm just not sure :C this is killing me!

Hello there ^u^
A good way to think about it is to compare your pros and cons, and maybe write them out on a piece of paper. If you just say, "Hey, people are resetting, and it makes me want to do it too, so I will," then most likely you'll regret it since you're rushing.
The pros and cons thing has always worked for me, and it's usually a complete decision maker. If it doesn't work though, I'm online every weekend so I can try to help more if needed- along with the other people that browse this thread. ^u^

Hello there ^u^
A good way to think about it is to compare your pros and cons, and maybe write them out on a piece of paper. If you just say, "Hey, people are resetting, and it makes me want to do it too, so I will," then most likely you'll regret it since you're rushing.
The pros and cons thing has always worked for me, and it's usually a complete decision maker. If it doesn't work though, I'm online every weekend so I can try to help more if needed- along with the other people that browse this thread. ^u^
I guess it'll be easier to just find the two personalities i lack in my town and try to rebuild it as far as I can... It'd be too much of a bother to get a second copy and all...

Well since I'm officially resetting, would anyone mind holding my stuff I want to save? :D

QUICK QUESTION.
I'm really unhappy with my town layout and the fact that now that I have villagers I love I'll never get some PWP (the uchi ones, since I don't plan on having any uchi villagers at all) and the places I chose to put some of my permanent PWPs so yeah, I've been considering to get a second copy and make that my main town, So I have some questions, I figured out it'd be better to ask here rather to make a new thread so here it goes, I'll be so thankful if you help me out :3

1st. So, I reset for a new town layout I love, and then try to get my town full so I have all personalities and then I can start trying to get all PWPs with the diving trick, is this possible? I'm aware it'd take some time... but I really don't wanna miss on anything just because I don't like any uchi villagers lol!

2nd. Once I achieve this, I'd start trying to get villagers out to make room to my 7 villager I really wanna keep. So, can I like.. empty my town and leave just 3~4 villagers? or I'd have to be doing like.. kick one out, get one from my main town thing?...

To answer your second question, except for the beginning when you start with 5, you can never have less than 8 villagers. Every time your 9th villager moves out another one will move in within a couple of days to a week. Depending if you have 9 or 10 villagers, you'll have to kick out 1 to 2 at a time and fill those spots with your dreamies and keep repeating until you have all of your desired villagers.

Last edited:
Working on resetting my 2nd town
Main town is still the same, but I'm just using it to hold my Dreamies and hyrbids, items, ect...Till my 2nd town becomes my main one
Just started looking for the map again. Grrrrrr I know the perfect one rover just isn't finding it
Wish me luck! I'll post pics when I find it

Back