• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

The Resetting Thread

I say #3.

I reset my town. I don't think I made a mistake. I'm excited for a new town. :3

EDIT : I found a town...
It's called Sorbet...
It has circle grass, which is good.
Apples as a native fruit, which is great.
Green town hall, which I love.
Brown train station which is okay, not worth resetting over.
Diana and Dotty as starters.
I think this town is a keeper. :>
Now to start the one year challenge, just a tad late! :)

Last edited:
i dont know if im gonna reset
i have that map that has the plaza smack in the middle and the river forms a "U" shape around it
i've heard its terrible for PWP's
i like my villagers though and all the defaults are perfect
i just dont know if its worth it :(

Honestly, I would. I just got rid of one exactly like yours because I had no place to put the campsite, police station, cafe, etc. Much less the other removable projects.

Honestly, I would. I just got rid of one exactly like yours because I had no place to put the campsite, police station, cafe, etc. Much less the other removable projects.

I'm thinking this is what I'll do. Thanks for the input. Just for reference, do you know which river patterns that provide an optimum amount of PWP space? I don't really know what I'm looking for as I'm resetting, at this point.

I'm thinking this is what I'll do. Thanks for the input. Just for reference, do you know which river patterns that provide an optimum amount of PWP space? I don't really know what I'm looking for as I'm resetting, at this point.

Honestly, me either. I'm just testing out maps every so often to see how I like the river shape, etc.

edit: I can post here with my new map if I find one I like, if you want?

Last edited:
I reset from an awful winding river with no room for pwps to a map with two large, spacious chunks of land and I am much happier because of it. Of course, transferring the contents of four houses, 70 million bells, and ten villagers was miserable.

I've been thinking about resetting..
I spent almost two whole days putting down some cute paths on my main character just to find out if I delete the patterns, all the paths go away and i can't trade the patterns onto my other character ; - ;

So i pretty much screwed up.
The only issue is all the belles and cute outfits i have ; - ; I dont wanna lose all the clothes i bought from kicks and the clothing store. ; - ;

i dunno what to do.

I've been thinking about resetting..
I spent almost two whole days putting down some cute paths on my main character just to find out if I delete the patterns, all the paths go away and i can't trade the patterns onto my other character ; - ;

So i pretty much screwed up.
The only issue is all the belles and cute outfits i have ; - ; I dont wanna lose all the clothes i bought from kicks and the clothing store. ; - ;

i dunno what to do.
If you'll only miss items and bells, people including myself can hold them for you.

If you'll only miss items and bells, people including myself can hold them for you.

I only have one villager I truly like. So the only thing I'll truly miss are my bells and items.

and the only problem with having someone hold them is trusting i'll get them back ; - ;
not saying you're not trustworthy or anything ; A ; </3

I only have one villager I truly like. So the only thing I'll truly miss are my bells and items.

and the only problem with having someone hold them is trusting i'll get them back ; - ;
not saying you're not trustworthy or anything ; A ; </3

Trust me, there are so many kind people on this website willing to hold your items.
You could check out someone's wifi ratings and such and ask them to hold your items.
But since all you are really worried about is the one villager you like and your bells and items, I would suggest resetting.
I reset my town yesterday, leaving my bell rich town (not), behind, with my lovely villagers. I didn't make one mistake doing so.
Resetting may help you enjoy the game again.

Trust me, there are so many kind people on this website willing to hold your items.
You could check out someone's wifi ratings and such and ask them to hold your items.
But since all you are really worried about is the one villager you like and your bells and items, I would suggest resetting.
I reset my town yesterday, leaving my bell rich town (not), behind, with my lovely villagers. I didn't make one mistake doing so.
Resetting may help you enjoy the game again.

I also wanna start this one year challenge, even though its a little late lol.
Would you be willing to hold my items and such so I can reset?
I could leave you some belles in return for helping me >3<

Oh I can help :)
Nevermind about above post, I meant to put that on tumblr ;3

Alright, because of the cold my school was put on a 2 hour delay, so it was about 8:50am this morning and I had to catch a bus at 9 and I thought okay why not get a couple resets in.

So it's 8:58am and bam, great map that I really like. All I get to see is the grass shape before sitting the 3DS down to run out the door (star snow/circle grass!!).

I've been anticipating this town all day at school today and when I get home...red train station! Hop off the train, great villagers! Get to the town hall, the only town hall that I like! So I've been waiting to check this town out for about 6 hours and it's great!

Alright, because of the cold my school was put on a 2 hour delay, so it was about 8:50am this morning and I had to catch a bus at 9 and I thought okay why not get a couple resets in.

So it's 8:58am and bam, great map that I really like. All I get to see is the grass shape before sitting the 3DS down to run out the door (star snow/circle grass!!).

I've been anticipating this town all day at school today and when I get home...red train station! Hop off the train, great villagers! Get to the town hall, the only town hall that I like! So I've been waiting to check this town out for about 6 hours and it's great!

Awesome!
I got a brown train station (>.<), but that doesn't bother me enough to reset. I would've preferred green but oh well.
What fruit did you get? I got apples, woot!

Awesome!
I got a brown train station (>.<), but that doesn't bother me enough to reset. I would've preferred green but oh well.
What fruit did you get? I got apples, woot!

Apples! I can't stand the brown or green stations. My first town had a brown one and after I reset later that same day and got blue I've never liked the brown.

I almost shot myself though, because I was so excited to check the town out I flipped open my 3DS and hit the power button once and I was like "IF YOU TURN OFF THATS IT YOU'RE GOING OUT THE WINDOW" but I didn't hold it down long enough. D:

edit: you're so lucky with Diana and Lopez! o:

Last edited:
Apples! I can't stand the brown or green stations. My first town had a brown one and after I reset later that same day and got blue I've never liked the brown.

I almost shot myself though, because I was so excited to check the town out I flipped open my 3DS and hit the power button once and I was like "IF YOU TURN OFF THATS IT YOU'RE GOING OUT THE WINDOW" but I didn't hold it down long enough. D:

I'm not a big fan of the brown train station, either. But as I said, I like everything else, so a small thing like that isn't gonna bother me. xD
I can't reset now, I've grown too attached to my villagers and I love my town layout, grass and fruit.
I'm taking part in the 365 day challenge and I started yesterday.

Back