• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Resetting Thread

I feel like singing, Oops...I did it again....

That being said, I reset today and here is why.

1. I just started the game on June 1, 2018 (for the first time ever) and I've already reset a couple of times as I am learning what I like and don't like.
2. I was visiting a dream address and I found a map that I HAVE to have...it is amazingly perfect. (Though I will be super sad if my native fruit isn't peaches) I will reset until I get it.

Downside:

I bought some dreamies (well, what I thought were my dreamies, but I have reevaluated that and found my actual dreamies)
I bought some really good content.

The upside to the downside is those things are replaceable as long as I can earn enough of the forum currency to buy them back and as long as the members are willing to still sell those villagers and content.

May the odds be ever in my favor for getting this perfect map....once I get it, I wil NEVER reset again.... (lolol....mhm)

I'm actually considering resetting Pancake. I'm horribly frustrated with the town's layout.

I have Amiibo cards for most of my current townsfolk anyway (minus Kiki but I'm sure I can get it fairly cheap on eBay) and tbh, I want a fresh start.

Edit: Went through with it.

Last edited:
I bought a second cartridge so I could start a new town without having to get rid of my old one. I have restarted several times because I love the process of creating new towns with new layouts. Sometimes I wish I stuck with my original town... but I guess it's too late for that. :p

I've recently reset one of my towns bc I hated the town name and my villager's name. I literally named the town something stupid like "trash". Also moving the items from the town I was resetting to another town took hours but I think it was worth it in the end. I 100% recommend to not name your town something you'll regret in the future when you play the game for hundreds of hours.

Last edited:
I bought a second cartridge so I could start a new town without having to get rid of my old one. I have restarted several times because I love the process of creating new towns with new layouts. Sometimes I wish I stuck with my original town... but I guess it's too late for that. :p

I love restarting, too! But, I need to stick with a town....especially since this is my first time playing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i’m really curious what map you are talking about! please post a pic once you get it

I don't know how to post pictures from my DS to here and I don't currently have the Dream Suite, but it's the map from the town Orchid: 7300-009D-24BF. It's so perfect. I have been resetting constantly and I haven't seen it or anything even like it...I'm starting to think that it doesn't exist anymore. :(

I love restarting, too! But, I need to stick with a town....especially since this is my first time playing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't know how to post pictures from my DS to here and I don't currently have the Dream Suite, but it's the map from the town Orchid: 7300-009D-24BF. It's so perfect. I have been resetting constantly and I haven't seen it or anything even like it...I'm starting to think that it doesn't exist anymore. :(

i can’t go to that dream address for some reason. did you try asking the player if they hack? that could be a possibility too

i can’t go to that dream address for some reason. did you try asking the player if they hack? that could be a possibility too

I don't know who the player is. I found their dream on Pinterest. But, earlier whi9le I was on YouTube, I came accross a video where they were talking about hacking (I wasn't aware of this before) and after seeing that, I do believe it is a hack. Is it frowned upon to hack? I really want that map layout....

After I get my Dream Suite, how do I go about getting a picture of it on here for you?

Trying to get back into the game, so I'm starting a new town. (for the millionth time)

I've been playing off and on for a while, but I haven't made any progress on a town because I have a bad habit of restarting every time I pick it back up again. It's getting pretty ridiculous, so I hope I can stick with the new one I just made a little bit ago.

I really like the map, and I'm excited to try an overgrown natural theme for this town, but starting up is so annoying since I've done it so many times over the past few years.. I hope I can get past the beginning this time. /'-'\

Also, I got Maple as a starter<3 She's so cute.

Last edited:
Trying to get back into the game, so I'm starting a new town. (for the millionth time)

I've been playing off and on for a while, but I haven't made any progress on a town because I have a bad habit of restarting every time I pick it back up again. It's getting pretty ridiculous, so I hope I can stick with the new one I just made a little bit ago.

I really like the map, and I'm excited to try an overgrown natural theme for this town, but starting up is so annoying since I've done it so many times over the past few years.. I hope I can get past the beginning this time. /'-'\

Also, I got Maple as a starter<3 She's so cute.

I LOVE Maple! I decided against having her as one of my dreamies when I realized that I wanted one of each personality. The two extra (that make up ten) she just wasn't part of the cut. When she was in my town, she was best friends with Fauna....it was sooo cute.

My towns haven't been visited in years, my 3DS got broken, and I'm so completely left behind on the amiibo updates that I don't know where to start. I'm scrounging up funds to buy a new system and hopefully pick up where I left off. Or reset completely for a fresh start. Either way, I feel very anxious about it. Welp.

Last edited:
My towns haven't been visited in years, my 3DS got broken, and I'm so completely left behind on the amiibo updates that I don't know where to start. I'm scrounging up funds to buy a new system and hopefully pick up where I left off. Or reset completely for a fresh start. Either way, I feel very anxious about it. Welp.

Aww, don't feel anxious about it! It should be exciting and fun! You know, if you reset completely....it would be like an entirely new experience! That's what I would do!

Aww, don't feel anxious about it! It should be exciting and fun! You know, if you reset completely....it would be like an entirely new experience! That's what I would do!

Haha, thank you! I'll keep those fighting words in mind. I'll get a new 3DS XL soon so I'll hopefully enjoy a brand new experience with my favorite villagers!

hi! i want to reset my town lavender since i want a more unique town name and stuff, but not sure if i should, opinions?

Last edited:
You could always get another copy. But if you honestly dont enjoy your town itself then i'd do it. you can always get your dreamies back

- - - Post Merge - - -

You could always get another copy. But if you honestly dont enjoy your town itself then i'd do it. you can always get your dreamies back

Thanks! I'm going to restart but firstly I need to figure out why I can't. I've got the 50 hours badge and am certain I've played at least 50 days but my town tree isn't growing and Isabelle doesn't let me sell my town. I'm waiting to sell my town since it limits the amount of work I have to do

The E3 hype and then no news made me want to play NL again. I reset one of my towns. I got nearly 29 million bells for my old town. I didn't sell the catalog though. It sounds like you only get a few million bells for that. It would take a lot less time to either grind out island beetles/sharks or play the stalk market to get those bells than to rebuild the catalog to get all of my orderables again. I moved my non-orderables to another town first before resetting so I didn't lose them.

I really like my new map. I plan to do plot resetting with any new villagers, but happily the default villagers are in good spots. I also for the first time got my train station and town hall colors to be the same. That's very aesthetically pleasing to me.

I am going to go by the game store on my way home from work today, and get myself a used copy of ACNL! I got the bug for playing again...but I don't want to restart my old town.

I haven't thought of a name yet, but I think I want to chop down all the trees and do some landscaping from scratch. >_>

I hope I can find enough people here to do some visiting and such on my new town. =D

Back