• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Resetting Thread

There's no where else it can be built that looks nice. I've already tried.

Is there anyone at Nintendo to email about this? Maybe someone can do something. I need this bridge to be in this spot. It'll ruin the entire flow of my town if it isn't.

I honestly have no idea how to e-mail Nintendo, and if you've already tried everything...you'll probably have to stick with one bridge or reset. I really don't know what you should do; it depends on if you're willing to start over. You could try getting another copy if you wanted! If it's a really big problem, I'm sure you can e-mail Nintendo somehow, though.
Good luck either way!

So I'm a serial resetter. It's a serious problem, and with the generous help of a fellow forum member who called me out on it, I've reset my town for the final time. Even now I feel the little tug within me saying 'but that's just not right' 'you hate that fruit' ect. I mean, I got PEARS. I hate pears.. but I have someone now to push me through the problem. Pears are just one fruit, right? I can always plant others eventually. There's also small narrow bits of land which I can't stand but now I think they're sweet. The two ponds right next to eachother add a little character to the landscape. Even though I'm sat here right now wishing and hoping I could reset just one last time, I know eventually Laverre will be a beautiful town and that's what's keeping me going.

I am the same, and every time I reset I tell myself that it is the last time. EVERY TIME. I reset in the first place because I was a serial TTer and it just got so boring, and my map was awful. Ive reset so much since then, and reset probably about two days ago on a town which I have told myself will be the ONE. But we'll see >_>

I ended up resetting my town a few months ago. My previous map was terrible, with a river spitting up the beach and I didnt like where I'd built my house and quite frankly, I was never really a fan of pears >.>

But now I think I've got a really nice map with apples, and one looong beach. I'm pretty neutral about my neighbors and I don't like that the Re-Tail store is kind of in the corner by itself, but I think I can live with that :)

T_T I had to reset because I'm a lazy boo-foo (whatever that means *_*) and the recycle shop was too far from the dock.

T_T I had to reset because I'm a lazy boo-foo (whatever that means *_*) and the recycle shop was too far from the dock.

I don't mind how far away the recycle shop is from my dock too much, since I don't beetle hunt often. But for someone that does, it would be good to have Re-Tail close to the water so you could sell much quicker.

tumblr_mw2wdsdFHj1smuphzo1_400.jpg
I sort of want to reset my town.
The only villagers I really LOVE in my current town are Kitty and Lobo. My map is a pain. Lobo moved in up in the top left where the retardedly thin strip of land there so now I can't use it for anything. Static moved in the middle of the open space near the town hall.

I don't like where my house is (the yellow one), where any of my villagers live and the map has too many places where I can't build. I don't know where I'm supposed to put my PWPs.

I only have the Dream Suite, campsite and like another bridge in terms of PWPs. My house only have 2 extra rooms. I have only been playing for a month and I have about 3 million bells (not that many, I know). I want to change my mayor name and town name. My town fruit is orange and the perfect orange looks like a weird mutant fungus. Ew.

My worries are:
  • I have a fair bit of furniture I would like to keep
  • I'd like to keep my money
  • I'd like to keep my tulip hybrids
  • I have a lot of patterns I have made that I don't want to lose
  • I have made a fair bit of progress (but not that much compared to most people)

I also would want Kitty and Lobo back, but what if I never got them back? D: I also have no friends to hold items/money for me :( What should I do?

View attachment 17313
I sort of want to reset my town.
The only villagers I really LOVE in my current town are Kitty and Lobo. My map is a pain. Lobo moved in up in the top left where the retardedly thin strip of land there so now I can't use it for anything. Static moved in the middle of the open space near the town hall.

I don't like where my house is (the yellow one), where any of my villagers live and the map has too many places where I can't build. I don't know where I'm supposed to put my PWPs.

I only have the Dream Suite, campsite and like another bridge in terms of PWPs. My house only have 2 extra rooms. I have only been playing for a month and I have about 3 million bells (not that many, I know). I want to change my mayor name and town name. My town fruit is orange and the perfect orange looks like a weird mutant fungus. Ew.

My worries are:
  • I have a fair bit of furniture I would like to keep
  • I'd like to keep my money
  • I'd like to keep my tulip hybrids
  • I have a lot of patterns I have made that I don't want to lose
  • I have made a fair bit of progress (but not that much compared to most people)

I also would want Kitty and Lobo back, but what if I never got them back? D: I also have no friends to hold items/money for me :( What should I do?

Hi there <3

I think you should restart if you a) don't your map and b) don't like your house placement.
I restarted last month afterrrr collecting all my dreamies and finished my house and it was the best decision <3
I can assure you that you will get kitty and Lobo back, there are so many cycling threads here and they aren't very popular so if you see them in the auto void section then just tell the cycler.

Also, there are sooo many kind and trustworthy people who would be able to hold your things while you reset, and you'll make lots of friends here who would be able to help you out with starting your town, like with bells, fruit and even hybrids.

Better to restart sooner than later, what's the point in forcing yourself to play a game when you don't like it?

Last edited:
Hi there <3

I think you should restart if you a) don't your map and b) don't like your house placement.
I restarted last month afterrrr collecting all my dreamies and finished my house and it was the best decision <3
I can assure you that you will get kitty and Lobo back, there are so many cycling threads here and they aren't very popular so if you see them in the auto void section then just tell the cycler.

Also, there are sooo many kind and trustworthy people who would be able to hold your things while you reset, and you'll make lots of friends here who would be able to help you out with starting your town, like with bells, fruit and even hybrids.

Better to restart sooner than later, what's the point in forcing yourself to play a game when you don't like it?

Thanks for your reply, it was really helpful! I am leaning towards doing it but ahhh I'm so worried I'll regret it. I think if I managed to get a good town layout/name I would be really happy and put way more effort into making my town awesome.
It helps to know that you don't regret your decision to restart though, especially after collecting your dreamies!

I might hunt around for someone kind enough to let me dump all my stuff on their beach for a few hours while I try to reset.

I'll sleep on it for a night or two and see :3

Last edited:
If you do reset I'll hold your stuff ^^^

- - - Post Merge - - -

I personally did, and I am so so happy I did. Better layout, better house placement, better everything. I'm even getting all my dreamies back slowly.

Thanks for your reply, it was really helpful! I am leaning towards doing it but ahhh I'm so worried I'll regret it. I think if I managed to get a good town layout/name I would be really happy and put way more effort into making my town awesome.
It helps to know that you don't regret your decision to restart though, especially after collecting your dreamies!

I might hunt around for someone kind enough to let me dump all my stuff on their beach for a few hours while I try to reset.

I'll sleep on it for a night or two and see :3

If you do end up wanting to reset, i can hold your stuff on the beach until you've decided on a map <3

just pm me c:

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, you two guys are so kind O_O That is honestly so nice of you both to offer!
I am really leaning towards doing it now haha. Especially since I don't have much stuff unlocked yet. Just damn Kitty and Lobo >< Ahhh, I will have hopefully decided by tomorrow! I'll write up a little list of pros and cons for myself in the mean time haha. Thanks again for your kindness and I may end up taking one of you up on the offer <3

Oh my gosh, you two guys are so kind O_O That is honestly so nice of you both to offer!
I am really leaning towards doing it now haha. Especially since I don't have much stuff unlocked yet. Just damn Kitty and Lobo >< Ahhh, I will have hopefully decided by tomorrow! I'll write up a little list of pros and cons for myself in the mean time haha. Thanks again for your kindness and I may end up taking one of you up on the offer <3

Haha, just let one of us know if you decide to restart <3

Last edited:
I'll try uploading a picture of my new map later today. ~_~

So, I ended up resetting again. I honestly wasn't planning to, but I ended up with an unwanted villager who was in someone's moving pool and their house was right next to my bridge. I tried to TT them out, but they refused to move and at some point I was like 'I am done with this!'. So I began thinking of deleting my game. I should probably note that it was almost 3 AM and that I had to work the next day. Not the best moment to make any decisions - haha - but I just went ahead, deleted my game and then went to bed.

The next day I began searching for a new map and it only took me a few times (didn't count, but not more than five), before I found a map I liked better than my previous one. There was a tiny peninsula which was just perfect to place my house there; there is no way a villager can place their house next to mine! My fruit is cherry this time, which is a nice change from apples (which I had in my two previous towns). The placement of my villagers' houses isn't all that great (I had the same problem in my previous town), but I'll figure out what to do about that later. Of course, reseting means having to unlock everything again and while I'm pretty 'bleh' about it, I know I'll get there someday.

And I chose January 1, 2013 as my start date. I had been planning to TT, anyway, to catch all the fish and bugs I didn't have yet, so I figured I might as well start my new game on this date.

I'm really hoping this will be my last and permanent town. I can't get any better map than the one I have now (it was the first time ever I saw such a peninsula), so it better be! x_x

I have been thinking about resetting my town for a few days now. I have been trying to landscape my town but its just not looking right to me. When I first started this town back in August, I was really happy with it. But now I am seeing that the path of the river is just not working for what I am going for. I think this layout and the fact that I am not happy with it anymore is the reason why I haven't been playing as often.

I have gotten really far with this town and Gracie just opened a few days ago. If I do reset I am planning on taking some bells and some furniture with me, so I can get started pretty quickly to get back to where I am.

If you would like to see my current town my dream address is 5200 2694 0666. Please help me to figure out whether or not to restart.

I have been thinking about resetting my town for a few days now. I have been trying to landscape my town but its just not looking right to me. When I first started this town back in August, I was really happy with it. But now I am seeing that the path of the river is just not working for what I am going for. I think this layout and the fact that I am not happy with it anymore is the reason why I haven't been playing as often.

I have gotten really far with this town and Gracie just opened a few days ago. If I do reset I am planning on taking some bells and some furniture with me, so I can get started pretty quickly to get back to where I am.

If you would like to see my current town my dream address is 5200 2694 0666. Please help me to figure out whether or not to restart.

I'll visit your town now c:

I'm seriously considering resetting again. I hate my town layout, I used to love it because Re-Tail was so close to the pier but now I've put more time in and unlocked the Caf?, there's nowhere to put it. Literally, nowhere. I've got one of those twisty rivers that dips in the middle and leaves no room for PWPs and those wonky little corners that're good for nothing.

My only problem is Willow who was gifted to me and I really don't want to get rid of. I could TT her out and hold her in my mum's town though so that's not too much of an issue.
I'm also kind of scared of getting too much too fast. It's only been 2 weeks since I last reset and I've almost completely upgraded my house. I don't want to run out of things to achieve too quickly.

I'm seriously considering resetting again. I hate my town layout, I used to love it because Re-Tail was so close to the pier but now I've put more time in and unlocked the Caf?, there's nowhere to put it. Literally, nowhere. I've got one of those twisty rivers that dips in the middle and leaves no room for PWPs and those wonky little corners that're good for nothing.

My only problem is Willow who was gifted to me and I really don't want to get rid of. I could TT her out and hold her in my mum's town though so that's not too much of an issue.
I'm also kind of scared of getting too much too fast. It's only been 2 weeks since I last reset and I've almost completely upgraded my house. I don't want to run out of things to achieve too quickly.

This was the reason why i resetted (that doesnt look right) , the main reason because i tt'd and it ruined it for me.

I chose a map when the plaza was in the middle and the river didnt have any curves or whatever so i would have a lot of space to put my cafe, police station and campsite.

From my experience the more twists and curves your river has the smaller your town feels.

CHARMIA.jpg

So I reset my town and I'm sooooo happy. I could have gotten a better layout but it took me a fair few hours to get the one I have right now (with villagers I don't hate).

I really like where the plaza is situated and how the bridge and ramp to the beach are perfectly aligned. The Re-Tail is surrounded by two cute ponds and I built by house nearby. I should have built more to the left, but oh well. I am so glad I finally found a map that didn't have a damn pond right in front of the train station xD

There is also enough space for PWPs and hybrid gardens (something my old town didn't have)! The only thing I don't like is the thin strip of land at the top right.

My fruit is apples (YAY) and my grass is triangle (DOUBLE YAY)! Ahh man, I'm so happy, I can't wait to make Charmia something to be proud of :')

View attachment 17472

So I reset my town and I'm sooooo happy. I could have gotten a better layout but it took me a fair few hours to get the one I have right now (with villagers I don't hate).

I really like where the plaza is situated and how the bridge and ramp to the beach are perfectly aligned. The Re-Tail is surrounded by two cute ponds and I built by house nearby. I should have built more to the left, but oh well. I am so glad I finally found a map that didn't have a damn pond right in front of the train station xD

There is also enough space for PWPs and hybrid gardens (something my old town didn't have)! The only thing I don't like is the thin strip of land at the top right.

My fruit is apples (YAY) and my grass is triangle (DOUBLE YAY)! Ahh man, I'm so happy, I can't wait to make Charmia something to be proud of :')

Omg yay <3

im so happy that youre happy about your reset <3 I really wanted triangle grass, but I love my map so much since everything was where I wanted it to be c:

Can't wait to see who your future villagers are going to be <3

Good Luck in your town, Pebbles <3

Last edited:
Back