The Resetting Thread

So I TT'd Willow out to my mums game and got to resetting.
After a few resets and a couple of towns, (one of which had Ankha in, but also Al the gorilla (ugh) and Cherries (double ugh)) I found one of those towns with a river that bends down once and doesn't take up loads of room, the native fruit was Oranges (yay) and my villagers were Olivia, Bangle, Butch, Cole and Coach.
It had 2 of my favourite villagers and no one I really hate! Also Marina's moving in, so excited!

I do really miss Leonardo though, I hope I can get him back someday.

So I TT'd Willow out to my mums game and got to resetting.
After a few resets and a couple of towns, (one of which had Ankha in, but also Al the gorilla (ugh) and Cherries (double ugh)) I found one of those towns with a river that bends down once and doesn't take up loads of room, the native fruit was Oranges (yay) and my villagers were Olivia, Bangle, Butch, Cole and Coach.
It had 2 of my favourite villagers and no one I really hate! Also Marina's moving in, so excited!

Wow, that sounds great! I'm sure you'll get Leonardo back. Just keep checking the Villager Trading Board and I'm sure you'll be able to find him; or exchange a good villager for him.
Good luck! :)

Also my new rule for this town, apart from not TTing - ever, is that no one is allowed to move out until I have their picture. Even the ugly ones. I'm looking at you Hippeux -.-

I'd never reset. My #1 Dreamie villager moved in the other day due to streetpass on a trip, so now I'm happy. Also, I'm getting good villagers in my campsite (dotty, benjamin, etc.). Also, I have a villager in my town that is pretty pretty: DIANA! Plus, I have some intricate designs. I could go on for hours for reasons why, but I have to get off in 10 minutes to do my homework. I have to work on a group project, and It's the kind where the whole group gets one grade. XD

- - - Post Merge - - -

I know what you mean. I've lost villagers that I liked. Nana, Gruff, Merry, Snake, and Stitches, my original 5.

View attachment 17313
I sort of want to reset my town.
The only villagers I really LOVE in my current town are Kitty and Lobo. My map is a pain. Lobo moved in up in the top left where the retardedly thin strip of land there so now I can't use it for anything. Static moved in the middle of the open space near the town hall.

I don't like where my house is (the yellow one), where any of my villagers live and the map has too many places where I can't build. I don't know where I'm supposed to put my PWPs.

I only have the Dream Suite, campsite and like another bridge in terms of PWPs. My house only have 2 extra rooms. I have only been playing for a month and I have about 3 million bells (not that many, I know). I want to change my mayor name and town name. My town fruit is orange and the perfect orange looks like a weird mutant fungus. Ew.

My worries are:
  • I have a fair bit of furniture I would like to keep
  • I'd like to keep my money
  • I'd like to keep my tulip hybrids
  • I have a lot of patterns I have made that I don't want to lose
  • I have made a fair bit of progress (but not that much compared to most people)

I also would want Kitty and Lobo back, but what if I never got them back? D: I also have no friends to hold items/money for me :( What should I do?

You can get people to help you hold your stuff, like very nice friends, pebbles-chan.

I've nearly had my town for a month - never reached a month on any of my towns.
I am not resetting now. I'm really happy, like never before.
I have Apple and Merengue and Del. My life is complete.
When Wendy, Deirdre and maybe Shep move out, I'll be even happier. Woop!
Also, I love my town layout, it's perfect for me.

Well a most extremely lovely person has offered me their Leonardo when he eventually moves out and I'm so excited.
He's all that's needed to make my village great, I've got good villagers this time round (apart from Coach) and the layout is perfect!

I started a new town on my original 3DS, and I reset several times at the beginning. I found one town with a group of animals that was actually pretty good (I remember Whitney, Grizzly, and Big Top), but I really didn't like my character. I didn't know that what you look like is based on the answers you give to Rover, but now I do. Anyway, I'm used to my villagers living in what looks like fairly normal homes, so it's a shock having Ankha, who lives in an Egyptian house, and Bruce, who lives on a playground. Those are actually my favorite of the first five, and the others haven't even left an impression on me. I've come to believe that my main town is absolutely perfect for me. I love the layout, and I love the villagers. There aren't any I want to leave. I didn't know a thing about Animal Crossing when I first started up New Leaf, so I didn't reset and I took the first map Rover offered. Now, I don't know if I got lucky or if living with it for months has made it the only thing I like. I'll see who moves in, but if I don't get Skye or some other wolf (really want a wolf), I may start over again.

I'll see who moves in, but if I don't get Skye or some other wolf (really want a wolf), I may start over again.

I wouldn't worry too much about getting a wolf to move in. Every now and then people have them up for sale on the Villager Trading Plaza(though I'm guessing they are expensive since they are pretty popular, unless their popularity is dwindling), and there may be auctions too. Hopefully it won't take long to find one of the wolves! :)

Yeah, I've seen they're pretty popular. That's why I want one for free! :D I had to pass on Fang during my resetting because one of the other animals really creeped me out. Hopefully, I'll find one soon. They just crack me up with that big mouth, especially when doing the Dr. Shrunk shuffle!

Well, my 3DS tricked me into quitting without saving after my first full day in town, so I ragevoided. When I got off the train in my new town and saw Fauna, I figured THIS will be the one. She was the first camper I had, but I didn't know persistance was the key to getting them to move in. Anyway, the rest of the welcoming committee was Mallary (who I know from a friend's town), and Clay (whom I don't know, but he's a cute little . . . hamster?). The ones not present were Harry and Flora, and I can't pass up the linguistic opportunity to have Flora and Fauna in town.

Not the best layout, but that can probably be largely solved with one bridge. Besides, I have to remember this is just a second village and I mainly wanted it for streetpassing myself, and enlarging my main village's villager pool. I just need to open up a vacany over there and get Fauna to move.

Last edited:
yoooo I just reset haha

this makes the 27th time since release day that I've reset my town. :rolleyes:

Sometimes I think restarting is contagious. At least, with my sisters...they usually reset when I do. But at least I'm not alone!
I restart all the time, usually because I want something so specific and it takes so long to find something even close to what I want so I start making adjustments to what I want to make the process go by quicker.

But, then the things I cut out of what I want soon come back to bite me and little things start to bother me to no end. Until I reset. I've never had a town more than one month before.

I restart all the time, usually because I want something so specific and it takes so long to find something even close to what I want so I start making adjustments to what I want to make the process go by quicker.

But, then the things I cut out of what I want soon come back to bite me and little things start to bother me to no end. Until I reset. I've never had a town more than one month before.

The most I've had a town is maybe...2 or 3 months? I can't be sure. My first town was kept almost for one month, and the next one was started in August or July, I think, and ended around October. I've had multiple other towns, but none of them have lasted as long.

I really want to reset my town, but I'm not sure. My town's name and layout are horrible, and most villagers aren't too popular, but I've grown to love them. I haven't gotten too far in terms of development, hybrids, etc., but I'm a hoarder at heart and keep almost everything I find. I only have one copy of the game and no friends, so I don't have a place to store my items. It's hard making a choice. I hate how no one in my area has AC, so I never get streetpasses. ;-;

So I lost my game for 3 months and found it today. Should I restart? I currently have 3 dream villagers so will getting people to hold them be a problem?

Edit: I've decided to restart.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to have to restart. I have a nice town, with my favourite colours for the train station and town hall, a fruit I like, the grass type I like, some dreamies, and I've just passed Gracie's check and have the last upgrade of T&T store....BUT, I just have that nagging voice in my head that wants a restart. I just know that if I don't, I'll always be thinking it in the back of my mind, and I wont be able to fully keep enjoying the town I have now if I don't. :/

I've found that if you're second guessing your town, its better to just reset. Starting with a clean slate is fun since you learn from your mistakes in that you made in your old town. I'm usually upset at first because I mostly don't want to lose villagers but I'll eventually get them back.

Back