Mafia The Quest for King - Mafia | Game Thread | GAME OVER

I would like to hear your claim. You had some big grand plan that justified outing yourself as a PR - I presume its your role that made you look for this bid, so knowing what that is is a big part of looking at you at present
My role is Hero. If you want me to be more specific, my flavor name is "Link." If I get killed by the king, the king dies with me. I claimed yesterday because I wanted to lightning rod any potential roleblockers.

It wasn't necessarily a "big grand plan" so much as I still see myself as essentially being an immortal townie. My power does practically nothing good for town, so I wanted to make myself king for D2 and D3. I never said I could prove it, just that I have the potential to do a lot of good; I've just thought I was being obvious about it. There's still a way to come back from this.

If you all doubt that I'm hero, consider why I wanted Oath to be kinged on D1. I was leaning mafia on him then, and I had a feeling that he would have killed myself over Chris. That was the best case scenario I saw being able to use my power meaningfully.

unless he's the evil roleblocker lmao
While I'm not enthused by Ness myself at the moment, I do think its important to note that Trent being cop in particular isn't some extra demerit. It's unfortunate, but it's not like he softed a PR if memory serves (may need to double check). The only information we really have is that it's a town kill - its just as likely to be green as a PR.

Also for sake of claim, I'm assuming for sake of questions and such that he is who he says he is. It's not worth shedding intense amounts of suspicion when we're going along with things for the sake of argument

ok guys can we deepwolf hunt now pls
Post automatically merged:

My role is Hero. If you want me to be more specific, my flavor name is "Link." If I get killed by the king, the king dies with me. I claimed yesterday because I wanted to lightning rod any potential roleblockers.

It wasn't necessarily a "big grand plan" so much as I still see myself as essentially being an immortal townie. My power does practically nothing good for town, so I wanted to make myself king for D2 and D3. I never said I could prove it, just that I have the potential to do a lot of good; I've just thought I was being obvious about it. There's still a way to come back from this.

If you all doubt that I'm hero, consider why I wanted Oath to be kinged on D1. I was leaning mafia on him then, and I had a feeling that he would have killed myself over Chris. That was the best case scenario I saw being able to use my power meaningfully.
ok actually

While I'm not enthused by Ness myself at the moment, I do think its important to note that Trent being cop in particular isn't some extra demerit. It's unfortunate, but it's not like he softed a PR if memory serves (may need to double check). The only information we really have is that it's a town kill - its just as likely to be green as a PR.

Also for sake of claim, I'm assuming for sake of questions and such that he is who he says he is. It's not worth shedding intense amounts of suspicion when we're going along with things for the sake of argument
especially now that we know the role. if it was something that would've given him information i would've been more suspicious

Noted. Did you double check that you would have gotten a roleblock notification if you were blocked without ability?

ur right i dont recall trent softing at all. i just dont enjoy that he choosed trent instead of, well, anyone else in his list

did you soft it at any point?

I am not a fan of this as the wording by Trundle explicitly states:
The King is immune to death during the night.
Though I am unsure how Shiny's Buccaneer role would interact with the king before I would discredit this completely

Ness' Explanation and Apology on Recent Controversies
Alright, Trent was a last minute kill. I chose Trent because I admittedly had a last minute impression that he was trying to play some sort of mind game with me regarding his EOD. Oath and Arstotzkan were both being considered for a shot, but as I said earlier I thought that Oath's reaction to my claim was a little more realistic, and there were multiple lines from Arstotzkan's readslist that felt both real, logical, and expressed frustration on my claim. Say whatever you will about Trent flipping cop, I attribute part of my blame on him for acting like that at EOD. Sucks that I didn't go with my gut on that but what happened happened.

I had initially decided that I was going to kill Jacob because I got the impression that he was just kind of saying things to appear townish rather than give any objective stances. In a nutshell:

1. Jacob started the game by townreading Shiny and the main point people had going for why he was town was because he immediately townread them, and that Shiny was the N1 kill. I don't think this is as good of a point as Ender was making it to be.
2. Jacob has largely not accused anyone other than myself, which I still hold in contention as being a bad take.
3. I got the impression that he was being as inoffensive as possible, like he holds zero controversy.

Its possible there's a way to better articulate that, but going off what I said on Oath/Trent/Arstotzkan/Ribbit having zero possibility in my mind of being a wolf team, I wanted to think outside the box. I changed that last minute onto Trent.

HOWEVER, I THINK WE NEED TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM. Trent leaning most of his wolfread into Daniel with ZERO explanation of why other than that he just feels it almost tells me that this was him trying to leave a breadcrumb of his investigation. His post at EOD implicates this to me given he listed Dan first (unless there was someone else that he softed in his ISO of being inherrently town or mafia).

Quick dirty I don't trust Dan remotely at all despite the majority of you townreading them, N e s s flip flops so much but I have to reread *checks notes* six pages of that, I don't trust you, Ribbit seems to be skating by on just meeting post count, Kat literally just did a thought/wall post that I probably should review in depth I think they're townish, I don't know if Geoni is doing a bit because I would figure he'd work with current information and then work backwards instead of *waves hands* this, Oath I'm still not convinced is town but whatever we seemed to have moved off that for now, annika doesn't seem to give much up but I also am wasting time here typing this so I can't fully review their posts, Jacob I've kinda just forgotten about, Volt is confusing

Mafia lie, my favorite thing to do as mafia is fake claim. N e s s gets night immunity to death, but I assume all the other actions can be blocked so unless >infinite theorycrafting here< I also don't see what the point is to a potentially unforced PR claim when there's so many other "universally TR" players here. Plus if everyone here is gonna point out "softs" why even have PRs, might as well make a nice lil checklist for mafia uwu

That's what I'm thinking so far. These next notes may feel outdated in light of the new flip, but this was my thought process at 2:30 this afternoon. I wrote these on paper so bear with the clunkiness.

Gut feelings:
Town (for now)

Volt/Dan have some connection? Both inherently town players.
Tessa... post #67 said "we can block the nightkill" potential slip? Seems irrelevant
Ender
Annika: they have to be town, their posts are too independent, tone gives me the impression they're fine?

Backburner:
Jacob: on paper his posts seem townish?
RibbitRibbon
Geoni... somewhat manipulative at EOD. Influencing me not to kill outside my PoE?

Wolves
Arstotzkan: I'm just not sure, post #120 feels real asf? "pull my hair out"
Oath
Trent

^these three just don't feel like they could be together, there's not a chance that trent/oath are teamed

-Trent has decent tone from pages 1-5, what motive is there to be king and no elim? Keeps theorizing on the setup but feels somewhat fake to me, why?

Theory: Jacob4, Geoni, Ribbit? Arstotzkan??

i hate this trent shot bud this was not a slot we needed to flip this early
Your post about him "flailing" suggested otherwise to me when I was reading earlier. Like dang man, I agreed with that.

And no, I didn't soft being Hero.

Back