• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Purple Sunrise

Nunnafinga

This is not Sam Neil.
Bells
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
Blue Bunny Balloon
Red Heart Balloon
Zodiac Dragon Figurine
Red Envelope
Silver Trophy (Second Place)
Lost Book
Toy Duck Plush
Mother's Day Carnation
The thread about the two trains in New Leaf made me recall this:

MucUXh7 (1).jpg
XhPPhl9.jpg

EHCfDR6VUAAzVAP.jpeg
EGzyycMU0AAPCI3.jpeg

The rare purple sunrise.I played New Leaf for a long time and I came across this natural phenomenon only a handful of times.Anybody else remember this?

I think I may have seen this twice, but I do remember seeing it once and it was very pretty and it produced interesting lighting as well. :)

i never knew that existed!!!! that's so pretty :0

wonder if there's something like that in new horizons??

this made me realize i've never seen one, despite playing the game for years. i'd love to though, it's gorgeous :love:

I played New Leaf a lot.....way more than New Horizons and those screenshots above represent two of the three times I saw the purple sunrise during my whole NL experience.I believe there is kind of a New Horizons equivalent.I seem to remember someone posting about a purple sunset back in the early days of New Horizons.I'll see if I can find that post.

I never play during the mornings so I don't have an opportunity to look at it unless I time travel- that is so pretty though!

I basically never play the game at sunrise because the stores are closed, the villagers are asleep and there's nothing to really do. That said, I love taking in beautiful sunsets in real life so I love that they added in unique sky colors like this; doubly so since purple and pink are two of my favorite colors. Cool sky colors are one of those little things that make me happy to be alive. I'm glad you shared this, thank you.

My favorite dream towns all had the purple sunrise ๐Ÿ’œ

If I ever saw this, I never noticed it! Only played in the morning a handful of times anyhow. Cool to still be learning new stuff about this game :)

oohh I didnโ€™t know about that, since I donโ€™t ever play that early :,)
But I have encountered the opposite, the rare orange sunset! this was while doing the shark initiative for the NL event. I was so focused I didnโ€™t realize until after.
1711468480026.png
1711469333101.png

This was such an amazing coincidence, but the purple sunrise appeared yesterday when I was playing! My boyfriend and I decided to play together and when he came over, the sky slowly started turning purple when it started to hit 7am. I started freaking out about it and he was so confused ๐Ÿ˜‚ It was absolutely gorgeous and I feel so lucky to have been able to see it ๐Ÿ’œ

IMG_4035.jpeg

Back