• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The out of context quotes thread

Midoriya

Go beyond! Plus ultra!
Bells
Switch
1119-7626-0996
Island
Sumeru
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
I spent some time researching this and looking back, and saw a couple threads like this, but not quite the same.

Basically, in this thread you can post ANY out of context quote either from TBT or something a fictional character or someone has said. Only rules are to follow TBT rules and guidelines and don't post anything inappropriate or that could break the rules. This is basically the Post an out of context photo on your PC/phone thread, just with text instead of images. Go!

Thanks EVERYONE for helping this thread reach 100 pages!!!!! 🥳

"The Out of Context Quotes thread, where the out of context quotes go." ;)

Last edited:
I have a whole list of weird sentences I've said.

• I'm a definite muffin.
  • Are we living under Shakira Law? These sips don't lie.
  • I liked the gay cookie.
  • Get out of hear, you stupid quarter note!
  • I'm hungry, I could really go for some letters right now.
  • Now that's the way to go. Murdered after seeing Space Jam.
  • Shouldn't the previous generation be the boomers since they boomed the babies?
  • I think a ghost just threw an ampersand across the room.
  • Yeah that's... what the medical community calls "f***ed".
  • Capitalism is immune to time machines.
  • It's weird to suck smoke out of a chicken's leg.
  • If heaven is on a cloud, does that mean pumpkin pie tastes like water?
  • I have arms. So that's why lots of people already knew I was trans before I even came out.
  • Imagine being the person who gave birth to a sponge.
  • Is that... Ronald McDonald getting crucified?
  • He looks like Patton Oswalt's mechanic cousin.
I only remember the context to like half of these.

Here are some video game ones.

"Hey, Master... Let's explore this place today! This place...labeled "The End of the World"!" -Igglybuff, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
"Oh baby, a double!" -Vi, Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling
"Look! Jobs!" -Bea, Night in the Woods
"Were you three osmosing without me!?" -Lancer, Deltarune
"Whoops! Looks like everything's on fire. I wonder how that happened." -Snatcher, A Hat in Time
"Take that, inanimate object!" -Marie, Splatoon 2

"Then if there is such a thing as peace, I'll seize it! I'll grasp it with my bare hands! For my name... it's Naruto!" - Naruto in Naruto Shippuden

"I have to go out there! There's no use sitting around crying... big brother Naruto taught me that." - Inari in Naruto Shippuden

"I might not understand your grief. Your rage. Everything that led you here... but I know all about solid bonds!! And my friends don't use each other... because friends don't eat friends." - Amajiki in My Hero Academia

"When you feel yourself hitting up against your limit, remember for what cause you clench your fists... remember why you started down this path, and let that memory carry you beyond your limit." - All Might in My Hero Academia

"People change through their interactions with others. I was able to change because of everyone. I was able to become a bit stronger than if I had been on my own. That means no one is worthless." - Mob in Mob Psycho 100

Ocarina of Time was pretty wild for doing this... And those are only a couple examples!

1647394865488.png

1647394880869.png

"If I looked as good as you. I could run a different kind of business...heh he heh..."
With all due respect Link looks like a playmobile toy or something.... I'm sorry...
Bro, I cant. XD
I think this might be a hint of the reoccuring theme that the residents of Hyrule (and maybe die-hard Zelda fans) think that Link is totes hot. Can't believe it stretched to the N64 days, though. XD

Villain 1: "Darn that Harry Potter guy. He keeps causing us trouble."
Villian 2: "Shhhh!! Don't you mean he-who-shall-not-be-named?"
Lord Voldemort: "Silence! You never know when he could be watching us!"
a fat guy's silhouette with glasses appears outside the window as lightning strikes

From messaging a friend on Discord.

"You don't often see me without wearing my signature hat."
"Do you know what I feel? Furious! Outraged! Sick with anger!"

"My gad, that'll send oil prices SKYROCKETING!"
"Can you imagine, gasoline, for over a dollar a gallon???"

Back