• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The One Villager Who Will Never Ask To Leave

DarkSlayer1331

Bells
So I was really just wondering if anybody else happened to have a villager that has never asked to leave, but has been on their island for quite some time. The one villager I have that has literally never asked about leaving after being around for a decent amount of time is Merry. Who has actually been on my island since late March of 2020. Yes, she is one of the first villagers to move onto my island. My first Peppy villager. And she's my best friend.

Now I'm not really complaining. I love Merry, and I don't want to force her out or anything. I just think it's kind of odd that she seems to be refusing to consider the idea of leaving. And having been here for so long, I am actually ready to see her go. I love having new villagers all of the time, and the only one who will never be allowed to leave is Fang. And he's asked to leave, although that was months ago, and hasn't since then. He's the second longest living member of Calypso, and I picked him up in the beginning of February.

Do you guys have anybody that has been on your island for a long time and just doesn't seem the least bit interested in leaving?

All of the villagers currently on my island have asked me to leave, but one villager stands out and that would be Astrid. She has been on my island since the summer of 2020 and after all that time has passed, she has only asked me to leave one time

I got EVERY amiibo card I wanted for the new villagers and idk if I will have enough room... but Molly & Dobie are staying for sure. Molly has been in my town as like my 3rd villager who moved in. I picked her up from an island on a whim and have kept her since! I'm in the process of going to kick out Fauna, Merengue, Bones, Raymond & Sly. I got Raymond from my first campsite villager but I really like Faith, Shino , Sasha, Chabwick & Cepholabot!

Wart Jr has been on my island for over a year and I believe he's one of my original ten and has not asked once. Coco asked once months ago but I said no. Now, I'm looking forward to her asking about leaving since she doesn't fit with the villager theme I have in my head which is all octopus and the rest being frogs.

canberra, she was my first villager (may 12th) and has not asked ONCE. poppy as well
Canberra was one of my "original 10" - I think she was the 10th actually. She stuck around for a long time, and actually technically never asked to leave. I had a campsite visitor take her place in the beginning of this year.

Fuschia. she was the starter uchi I got. technically I'm sure she has said she wanted to leave... a long time ago. I'm ready to let her go, but don't have amiibo I want to move in, and I don't know if that's the way I'd want to let her go. maybe that sounds weird, oh well.

I've had some, but I don't remember who. Once I got amiibos, out they went.
I definitely remember some being more annoying than others. I know it is random and such but I figured the game would've held a greater chance on a villager who has asked the least within the longest time. Say Merry didn't ask for over a year, she would have a greater chance of being the one to ask rather than a villager who has been on the island for a couple of months or so.

When I moved Sasha into the island, he immediately asked to move once Marlo moved in. THE ODDS. (Marlo moved in right after Sasha)

Fuschia. she was the starter uchi I got. technically I'm sure she has said she wanted to leave... a long time ago. I'm ready to let her go, but don't have amiibo I want to move in, and I don't know if that's the way I'd want to let her go. maybe that sounds weird, oh well.
No, that doesn't sound weird at all! That's exactly how I am with Merry! Like I really do not want to force her out, because she's my best friend on the island, and she's been so dang loyal! So I want her to go when she's ready to go, not because I'm just ready for her to go.
I've had some, but I don't remember who. Once I got amiibos, out they went.
I definitely remember some being more annoying than others. I know it is random and such but I figured the game would've held a greater chance on a villager who has asked the least within the longest time. Say Merry didn't ask for over a year, she would have a greater chance of being the one to ask rather than a villager who has been on the island for a couple of months or so.

When I moved Sasha into the island, he immediately asked to move once Marlo moved in. THE ODDS. (Marlo moved in right after Sasha)
Yeah, I'm definitely with you. I thought that there would be a slightly greater chance on villagers you have high friendship levels with at least, because they're usually ones that have been around longer. I remember it being like that for New Leaf, or am I imagining things? I swear that the best way to get a villager to leave on NL was by being friendly with them to raise their friendship with you, because villagers who had a low level with you were more likely to stay on the island, to give you more time to build a friendship with them.

Seriously, I've had the second newest villager ask to leave my island so many times it's ridiculous. Now I'll make sure to gift them a bunch of stuff to up their friendship level a little quicker, because it seems that in this game, if you haven't really interacted and raised your level with them that quickly, they're more likely to be like "well fine, you don't like me I guess, so peace."

Renee has never asked to leave and she was one of my first two villagers to appear on my island when I first created it. I think though it’s just down to timing and the fact I only play at a certain time of day and don’t travel that often. Once she asks to leave though I’ll be more than happy to let her go.

Phoebe hasn't asked to leave in a long time. I've been cycling out many personalities but thankfully Phoebe hasn't asked since last year. I like having Phoebe because she's one of the only female villagers on my island at the moment so I think that might be the reason why she's hasn't asked yet. She does keep mentioning, however, what life is like on other islands, but that's the standard sisterly dialgoue so I don't count that.

Canberra was one of my "original 10" - I think she was the 10th actually. She stuck around for a long time, and actually technically never asked to leave. I had a campsite visitor take her place in the beginning of this year.
So does that’s mean there’s no hope for me?? :( I spend 120 NMT looking for a new villager only to have her rudely barge onto my island AFTER I skipped her 4 times cause I think she’s ugly. I’ve tried EVERYthing to banish her and she’s still going strong I’m so mad cause I wasted 12 hrs between time traveling to kick Deirdre off my island, finally got her off, 120 trips later, I save and went back to present day (which I’ve done in the past and have had ZERO effect) only to find the lot sold. I don’t think I’ve hated a villager so much except for maybe Cyrano. I’m so sad. I just wanted a cool cranky/smug villager and not an uglier replica of Deirdre.

So does that’s mean there’s no hope for me?? :( I spend 120 NMT looking for a new villager only to have her rudely barge onto my island AFTER I skipped her 4 times cause I think she’s ugly. I’ve tried EVERYthing to banish her and she’s still going strong I’m so mad cause I wasted 12 hrs between time traveling to kick Deirdre off my island, finally got her off, 120 trips later, I save and went back to present day (which I’ve done in the past and have had ZERO effect) only to find the lot sold. I don’t think I’ve hated a villager so much except for maybe Cyrano. I’m so sad. I just wanted a cool cranky/smug villager and not an uglier replica of Deirdre.
Unfortunately the last villager to arrive will never ask to leave. I really don’t get that . They should at some point be able to ask . Especially if you just want to to rotate who your last villager is. You will have to wait for campsite villager or use an Amiibo card.

Unfortunately the last villager to arrive will never ask to leave. I really don’t get that . They should at some point be able to ask . Especially if you just want to to rotate who your last villager is. You will have to wait for campsite villager or use an Amiibo card.
WOW that’s incredibly silly but thank you so much for the clear explanation! I have bangle and bianca so I’ll work on getting bangle out so that Canberra isn’t the last one anymore. I had no idea that was the case!! All that time traveling and net swatting for nothing hah..seriously, thank you!! You saved me from more agony with her LOL

WOW that’s incredibly silly but thank you so much for the clear explanation! I have bangle and bianca so I’ll work on getting bangle out so that Canberra isn’t the last one anymore. I had no idea that was the case!! All that time traveling and net swatting for nothing hah..seriously, thank you!! You saved me from more agony with her LOL
Your welcome, yea it really is silly . It’s why I’m glad I now have Amiibo cards. This way if I wish for the last villager to leave I can Amiibo them out.

I don't think Pietro has ever asked to leave and he's the second oldest villager on my island.

Your welcome, yea it really is silly . It’s why I’m glad I now have Amiibo cards. This way if I wish for the last villager to leave I can Amiibo them out.
I never know where to get them and if the source is credible or not 😂 like on Etsy

I have the opposite issue-- some of my villagers ask this way more than the other ones. Like Leopold and Drago always want to leave, and so does Rhonda. Maybe it has something to do with their personalities?

This often happens when you must have really bad RNG if Jitters refused to move out. I know how that feels like when Dobie refused to move out when I had him back in 2020. I know for a fact that it takes 15 days for a villager to move out, the problem is the thought bubble must go on the villager you want to move out but again its RNG because sometimes it goes on the wrong villager that you don't want to move out.

To give some context on how this "move out" process works is that when you see the thinking bubble above the villager's head it only appears Sunday through Friday, it does not appear on Saturdays. Also if there is an event that is going on that could disrupt the move out process. Also if you have any villagers with high friendships you might have made it harder for yourself because if you do see the thought bubble it may turn out to be that they want you to give you a gift or nickname.

The only way for the move out thought bubble to work is that you have to time travel 15 days into the future and make sure its not on a Saturday. I know sometimes the game is RNG where the thought bubble might appear or it doesn't appear at all. The best thing to do is that if you have a villager with very low friendship you have a better chance of letting that said villager move out and you have to make sure its on the right on you want to leave. Just beware do NOT time travel backwards because it can cause the move out system to restart, or if you somehow said "Yes" to them and you somehow forgot to save them it may explain why the next day it didn't work.

So overall, keep on trying. I know how annoying this is and I know it can be very time consuming to let that one villager leave so you can have an open plot for another villager you are still looking for to fill that plot, so just remember if you see the thought bubble land on the wrong villager save the game and quit and time travel the next day and check to see if the thought bubble will go on the next villager. Like I said before its pure RNG and you might run into bad luck.

I know I've done it a lot of times myself way back when the game first came out, this was before I even had amiibo cards and since I got them at the moment I don't really do it much. Of course if I wanted to get a open plot thats probably the only reason I would time travel again, but I already collected all of the villager photos last year (it was a pain) and I no longer villager hunt anymore.

Back