• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Official Daily Photo Challenge [NOVEMBER BEGINS!]

Togekid

✰ 𝚃𝙾𝙶𝙴&#120
Bells
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
Blue Mote of Flame
main_header.png

NOVEMBER 2016
I know people sometimes lack motivation with their towns at times (I am definitely one of those people, and I'm sure at least one person reading this is the same) and at this point in the game's existence, it's hard to stay active with the game.

That's why I made this thread!
The aim is to take a photo every day and post it here in this thread, showing your progress over the days of your town.
I'll be responding to questions and moderating posts on a daily basis, so please show your town to both me and all the other users; it's a great chance for some free feedback and motivation! Without any further ado, the challenges!

NOVEMBER THEME: NATIONAL DAYS
Based on the National Day Calendar, these challenges will test your perseverance, commitment and skill! 9 of the challenges fall under the national day theme, and are all real life events! Each National Day challenge will be linked to a page proving the existence of said days! Some of them are rather obscure - I picked the more normal ones, let's just say that! :lemon:

sub header 1.png
1) National Authors' Day - In a post, tell a story involving your town and at least one of your villagers, using only screenshots and captions!
2) Traffic Directors Day - Go around your town and improve your paths! They may be good already, but try and do at least one thing to make them better!
3) Take a selfie in a location of your choice!
4) Landscape and clean up the south area of your town!
5) National Love Your Red Hair Day - Pick any snazzy new hairstyle from Shampoodle, but make sure for colour, you choose Intense Burning Love Colour!
6) Decorate your basement!
7) Colour The World Orange Day - Pick one room in your house, and make the theme orange! You can use Astro furniture, custom designed furniture, custom patterns, but make it impressive!
8) National Cappuccino Day - Go and work in the Cafe! Brewster needs your help!
9) Post whatever screenshots you like!
10) Create an shirt/dress using the pro design feature, and pick shoes and other clothing to accompany your outfit!
11) Decorate your bedroom!
12) Landscape and clean up the north area of your town!
13) Create an outfit from whatever you like!
14) Post whatever screenshots you like!
15) Take a selfie in your house!
16) Create an outfit out of Gracie-Grace clothing only!
17) National Take A Hike Day - Arrange a trip with a friend/someone on the forum, and take a tour around their town!
18) Post whatever screenshots you like!
19) National Adoption Day - Go on to the Villager Trading Plaza and adopt a villager!
20) Landscape and clean up the west area of your town!
21) Take a selfie in your favourite villager's house!
22) Decorate your main room!
23) Post whatever screenshots you like!
24) Create an outfit out of Able Sisters only!
25) Black Friday - Go to each of the following stores on Main Street (Nookling's Store, Leif's Gardening Store, Able Sisters, Shampoodle, and Kicks) and buy at least one item from each of them!
26) Small Business Saturday - Turn one of your house floors into a sales floor, or better yet, start a new character file who runs a small business!
27) Decorate a room of your choice!
28) Landscape and clean up the east area of your town!
29) Take a selfie in the museum!
30) Post whatever screenshots you like!
Have fun!

I'm totally not being lazy or anything (LIAR!) but I've noticed people sometimes want to post any screenshot they feel like posting, so for a few of the days, I've made that a challenge! Post whatever screenshots you like! might be a nice break from all the demanding challenges!

Please check the date before posting, the date corresponds with the number you should be completing!

sub header 2.png
I have decided to introduce a prize system to spruce things up a little. I hope this encourages more users to take part! Prizes will include TBT rewards (these will only be small, as I'm far from rich), small banners you can put in your signature to show off your success to other users, input into the next month of challenges and more!

DISCLAIMER: I am a student, so I cannot guarantee all the rewards you may win will come to you on time. I'm sorry to say this, but I put school work before TBT so if I have a deadline to meet, your prize will be late, and that's the way it's going to have to be. Please do not invest too much time into this thread because I may have to take rather long breaks from TBT if school works starts to quickly pile up.

GENERAL TIP: Using sites like waifu2x to enhance your screenshots and other photo editing software might help you make your screenshots look more appealing. You don't need to be a graphical expert, just be creative!

sub header 3.png
These challenges are written in red, and the winner will be handpicked by me at the end of the month. They all involve decorating one of the rooms in your house, whether that be adding a single new piece of furniture or completely refurbishing your room!
Here are some ways to impress me to increase your chance of winning:
► post action screenshots (using your furniture)
► renovate more than one room
► buy furniture and wallpaper from the Re-Tail sub-forum and post links to the purchase threads in your entry here

sub header 4.png
These challenges are written in blue, and the winner will be handpicked by me at the end of the month. They all involving cleaning up and decorating parts of your town - creativity is key!
► take multiple screenshots rather than just one
► use a variety of decorative ideas, from patterns to trees to PWPs and more
► buy bush starts and hybrids (or any other landscaping goods) from the Re-Tail sub-forum and post links to the purchase threads in your entry here

sub header 5.png
These challenges are written in green, and the winner will be handpicked by me at the end of the month. Don't worry, you're not showing your face in any of these - this involves using your IG character to take dynamic photos in your town!
► heavily edit your screenshot to make it more visually appealing
► use an emotion taught by Dr. Shrunk during your selfie
► add a caption to your image to make it more convincing

sub header 6.png
These challenges are written in purple, and the winner will be handpicked by me at the end of the month. These challenges all involve creating a unique outfit to match a theme.
► take your screenshot in a area that matches the theming of your outfit
► make your outfit follow a colour scheme
► surprise me (i can't think of anything to put here so be more creative than me)​

Last edited:
Oh I love this and since it's the 5th, I'll post the exterior house remodels I've been working on this weekend in my second town, WeeHaven. In the spirit of fall, I've used brown and orange colors for all four of my houses:

MAYOR'S HOUSE:

HNI_0038_2.jpg

BOUTIQUE:

HNI_0036_1.jpg

STUDIO:

HNI_0039_1.jpg

COTTAGE:

HNI_0042_1.jpg

Oh I love this and since it's the 5th, I'll post the exterior house remodels I've been working on this weekend in my second town, WeeHaven. In the spirit of fall, I've used brown and orange colors for all four of my houses:

MAYOR'S HOUSE:

HNI_0038_2.jpg

BOUTIQUE:

HNI_0036_1.jpg

STUDIO:

HNI_0039_1.jpg

COTTAGE:

HNI_0042_1.jpg

Stunning! Your town looks amazing! I love the grass deterioration, that takes commitment, and the theme, just everything! Really glad you love the thread, I was worried it would fail! I hope you'll continue to update your town here, I will be doing so too, starting tomorrow! Nook's Homes is closed for me and I can't time travel atm. :lemon:

Last edited:
wvw69jmcy404erd2hb_by_whisspurr-dagqvwi.jpg

This is my mayor's house I'd take pictures of my side character's houses but I'm too lazy. I think this daily picture thing is a good idea. I'll try to post everyday. c:

wvw69jmcy404erd2hb_by_whisspurr-dagqvwi.jpg

This is my mayor's house I'd take pictures of my side character's houses but I'm too lazy. I think this daily picture thing is a good idea. I'll try to post everyday. c:

Your mayor's house is very similar to mine! I love your style! Love your paths also, glad you like the idea, I got it from the 30 day Instagram challenges but thought it might actually work here as a motivation tool. :lemon:

this is a great idea!! do we have to follow the daily prompts, though? i usually just landscape every day haha

here's day 1, i worked on this little park i have going in my neighborhood area :)

e7c8eff2ba.png

this is a great idea!! do we have to follow the daily prompts, though? i usually just landscape every day haha

here's day 1, i worked on this little park i have going in my neighborhood area :)

e7c8eff2ba.png

nah, the daily prompts are more of a guideline to be honest. i see your town is coming along very nicely! i probably should've made it more clear, but we are actually on day 6 now, as it's september 6th as both you and i made these posts, don't worry about it. if you are going to follow the guidelines though, the dates are displayed as numbers next to the challenges for future reference. :lemon:

I thought it'd be fun to participate, but I'm seeing a few 'errors' that make me not want to, I'll point them out for you:

4) Buy some new clothes! / depending on the offer in the shop I might not want to buy anything, in adition to the fact that my 'style' is usually Gracie clothes or QR codes
5) Purchase a remodel on your house! / the offer might not be appealing that day, I'd rather not change to somethng I dislike
7) Catch a new bug! / I completed my bug encyclopedia already :p Plus, it's turning winter and that's more of a fishing season, so perhaps add some fishing things as well
12) Pay your home loan! / I don't have one at the moment and I'm not sure how far I want to expand my home yet (currently only have basement, main and upstairs room).
16) and 17) / I really like this task, because it forces you to get work done, but two days after each other? :p Maybe spread it a little better ^^
And another point: I'm seeing some tasks appear quite frequently, maybe think of a few more tasks for a wider variety? Tasks regarding going online and being around your villagers, for example. :)

By the way, I'm not trying to be negative or complaining at all - I'm just helping improve. I really like the idea and how it is combined with working on your town.

Agh, I'd love to take part in this, but my SD card is full, and I've been way too lazy to clear it lol. Hopefully I'll get around to it soon, because this looks very fun.

I thought it'd be fun to participate, but I'm seeing a few 'errors' that make me not want to, I'll point them out for you:

By the way, I'm not trying to be negative or complaining at all - I'm just helping improve. I really like the idea and how it is combined with working on your town.

Thank you! I'll take these changes into the mix when I create next month's list, did not even notice the PWP one. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Agh, I'd love to take part in this, but my SD card is full, and I've been way too lazy to clear it lol. Hopefully I'll get around to it soon, because this looks very fun.

Good stuff :)

yey this seems fun!
i'll post my pictures when i figure out this miiverse stuff :/
and i also have to get something to eat too... well

- - - Post Merge - - -

woop woop
acnl day 1.jpg
here is the picture of the landscaping i did basically just planted some white flowers around and stuff :)
but i think it looks rather nice!​

yey this seems fun!
i'll post my pictures when i figure out this miiverse stuff :/
and i also have to get something to eat too... well

- - - Post Merge - - -

woop woop
View attachment 182898
here is the picture of the landscaping i did basically just planted some white flowers around and stuff :)
but i think it looks rather nice!​

I've been looking for those glasses for ages, still can't find them. Your town's natural look is very nice!

I've been looking for those glasses for ages, still can't find them. Your town's natural look is very nice!

i can order some glasses for you if you want :)

thank you for the compliment! my town is still in very early stages as for landscaping and this is just a small part of it (also my favourite part, hehe)
here are some more screenshots of other parts of my town that i kinda like :p
acnl day 1.1.jpgacnl day 1.2.jpgacnl day 1.3.jpg

i can order some glasses for you if you want :)

thank you for the compliment! my town is still in very early stages as for landscaping and this is just a small part of it (also my favourite part, hehe)
here are some more screenshots of other parts of my town that i kinda like :p
View attachment 182899View attachment 182900View attachment 182901

Oh I love this natural look so much!

I wish I'd be able to make a town like this. I always end up creating path and doing heavy landscaping xD

Oh I love this natural look so much!

I wish I'd be able to make a town like this. I always end up creating path and doing heavy landscaping xD

awww thank you :blush: what drives me to not set paths all over town is laziness though :/

Back