• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

The new way of decorating in this game

JimmyJacobAC

Turned over a New Leaf
Bells
What do you guys think? It looks like this decoration method is very Sims-like and detailed. I wouldn't mind if future AC games used decoration methods like this.

I wonder if 45 degree rotation will be added.

We're already getting rugs :D

Last edited:
I LOVE IT.

It's so much easier than manually dragging it out. Oh my gosh. I really hope they keep that idea for a new Animal Crossing game! The rugs are a cute idea too!

I really like this system of decorating the room. Im assuming you drag the furniture item like youre going to drop it in the room, but then you have control over the item so you can place it where you want. It looks a lot more effortless compared to what we have now. If they scrap this in future Animal Crossing games Ill be bummed out :/

Eh, I personally don't like it. There's something satisfying about dragging a piece of furniture around manually as opposed to letting it drop wherever.

No ty.

Eh, I personally don't like it. There's something satisfying about dragging a piece of furniture around manually as opposed to letting it drop wherever.

No ty.

I agree. But I guess it's fine for a spinoff.

It sounds a lot easier, but I wonder if we'll still be able to rearrange furniture the old way.

I kind of like the newer way, it seems much easier to place furniture in a room compared to dragging it to where you want it. But I personally don't really mind if they change the method for future games or keep it. :)

i like it a lot! but i also agree with chronic, there's something rewarding and satisfying about dragging the furniture where you want it to me, and i'm so used to it since it's been like that since AC for gamecube

I like it, I hope it carries over to main series games. But of course, dragging the furniture around should still be an option.

Loving it! It's kind of a pain in the ass in ACNL if I'm going to be honest

I thought the same that is was very sim like! I like the diferent camera angles and how you can zoom in and out! The new game coming out (happy home designer) looks decent am just hoping they release new furniture ^^

Last edited:
They're probably gonna see people's reactions to the new design element, and if it's positive they probably will add it to future games.

It wouldn't surprise me if that's why this even exists in the first place. That, and it might be an excuse to release the ammibo adapter for the regular 3DS systems and it may even be used as an "on-the-go" minigame that ties in with the inevitable Wii U Animal Crossing.

In the trailer, it looked like the player placed a stack of books which is not an item in any animal crossing. Then they've created rugs that can move around rather than being one whole floor. That makes me think it's likely there'll be some more happy home designer only furniture. It's exciting!

In the trailer, it looked like the player placed a stack of books which is not an item in any animal crossing. Then they've created rugs that can move around rather than being one whole floor. That makes me think it's likely there'll be some more happy home designer only furniture. It's exciting!

Exciting.

I think this game is not gonna be exciting.

I hope this is a stepping stone for all future ac games. I really have always hated how we can only do 90* turns and that really sucks. From the trailer it looks like we can pick anything and we get rugs! :) I cAnt wait for this game. I will be buying this so that we get more games in the future. I just wish they would hurry up and create the next one instead of just a dlc game.

Back