• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia The Murder of Woodpines Oregon - Game Thread - Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, what amanda said is true about you. (and ffs why did I let that lynch happen)

hi please don't do that again

im gonna go do my homework for once because i feel that bad ok

- - - Post Merge - - -

you know what at least i didn't say that "if amanda is scum im gonna eat a spider"

so i think we're good there

If this is something rude, then i hope you aren't being serious...

its not lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

Don't be ...It's better than "Bianca is annoying with her posts , and I sus her for it " posts when you are just vanilla townie

i'm improving okay : (

very slowly but i'm improving

- - - Post Merge - - -

Don't be ...It's better than "Bianca is annoying with her posts , and I sus her for it " posts when you are just vanilla townie

i'm improving okay : (

very slowly but i'm improving

- - - Post Merge - - -

actually i just realized: if i went through with the amanda shot i would've been rb'd anyway so it wouldn't have mattered

Locket you were like the town leader at the last day and if you continue playing that way in future games that would be a great way of showing your improvement. Good job to the rest of town too, I empathize with y'all lol.

And thanks scum team! Amanda for posting essays worth of content which I couldnt find myself doing, and Panda for being an easy person to bring up for lynch lol. I'm happy we all managed to survive and not bus each other in the end, so yay.

And the actual reason i switched to Waffles was because i wouldnt miss that opportunity to get rid off that t h r e a t with those accurate reads. Thanks glow lol

hey scum, what was the reason u guys killed me? was it because i was contributing and hard to paint as scum or was it bc u thought i was blue? its kinda hard to tell the intentions from the scum irc and i was wondering whether u guys picked up on my softclaim

- - - Post Merge - - -

also idk if u thought it was a joke or not but im seriously interested in whether u were liking my posts to try and get on my good side amanda, it didnt really work but i wanna know

- - - Post Merge - - -

plus can u give me some examples of the indepth analysis u said was lacking from this game? im not sure how to get an indepth read from the first day of a game and would liek some examples to work off of

The sites being weird rn, so I can’t read scumchat as I can’t access the post Ness made. Can somebody link it in a post so I can access it

Nvm, got it by going through Ness’s Post link

Last edited:
sry if i ruined wishy washy for u lol, what i was trying to say is that ur post looked like it was trying too hard to appear useful and masked its lack of substance or reads with proper formatting. unless u didnt like that either in which case thats fair

- - - Post Merge - - -

scumchat: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/Mb4X3rRQkTCxr

And whatever the results are, I think Town did an awesome job to pull together so well in the position we were in after N1.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Okay then, carry on!

(It's not my idea of fun, and it seemed like a bad time for an argument to break out, but as long as everyone's alright then Idk!)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't care, even!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think you ought to be proud of yourself NO MATTER WHAT THE RESULTS ARE. Obviously winning would be ideal, but come on - look at what you did. The very first Blue role you had, and you managed to hold Town together + suss out leads + keep things on track instead of derailing hopelessly. You led Town and you did an awesome job!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Uh oh. My little dude just woke up. I got longer here than I thought I would!
It's this post, ness

Just caught up + read Obs. The quote from Ness posted there was from me. In the Mafia QT I did clarify my issues were not because of specific people. This is definitely the only time I've seriously considered asking the Host to leave the game, but it wasn't because of any individual. I was relieved to find I wasn't imagining those issues, though, coz I spent the first few days IRL wondering if I'd fallen down Alice's rabbit hole lol.

From my perspective, the biggest thing Town could have done differently (individual role actions/votes aside) that would've made ALL the difference is if there was more analysis + quality content being expected from each other from the start. Without that groundwork having been laid, and no clear - protected - leader, it kind of didn't really matter who Mafia actually was. Unless they made a blatant scum slip (and tbh, there were at least a couple that I saw that were overlooked by Town), Town was going to be relying on luck rather than logic. That's easy to see from the outside (Mafia, Obs, Host) but I know it's a lot harder to do in practice.

Also, I ****ing hate playing as Mafia, it's just the WORST. I mean, it's better than Traitor (ya, I'll never forget that was you Toads), but that's about all it's got going for it as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway. Sorry for the essays. GG everyone.

Farobi, are you being tag crazy again?
I just tagged Hi :}. I didnt say anything like I am mafia this time around lol.

hey scum, what was the reason u guys killed me? was it because i was contributing and hard to paint as scum or was it bc u thought i was blue? its kinda hard to tell the intentions from the scum irc and i was wondering whether u guys picked up on my softclaim
You acted pretty scared of dying, which I could understand from an 'important blue' perspective. That coupled with your contribution made you a good choice for us to kill.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Man if the kills were any different this couldve been a very different game...

- - - Post Merge - - -

also idk if u thought it was a joke or not but im seriously interested in whether u were liking my posts to try and get on my good side amanda, it didnt really work but i wanna know

- - - Post Merge - - -

plus can u give me some examples of the indepth analysis u said was lacking from this game? im not sure how to get an indepth read from the first day of a game and would liek some examples to work off of

sry if i ruined wishy washy for u lol, what i was trying to say is that ur post looked like it was trying too hard to appear useful and masked its lack of substance or reads with proper formatting. unless u didnt like that either in which case thats fair

- - - Post Merge - - -

scumchat: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/Mb4X3rRQkTCxr

Point 3 out of 4 : **** I'm sorry, I swear I typed a reply already to you're initial post, don't know wtf happened to that but I probably killed the tab when checking on my nephew or something. I didn't mean to leave you wondering!

I "liked" your posts, and others in-game in the same way I do in any game I play - the post is, from most to least likely : a) intentionally humourous, b) says something so well I want to acknowledge that, c) brings up something relevant I hadn't considered. The latter two are contextual as to when I do that vs quote + reply. If it would distract from current discussion/s, or there's a recent post I'm waiting to see someone else respond to, I will tend to not clog up the thread.

I have never considered "liking" a post for anything along the lines of trying to get on someone's good side. That's simply not how I think. I recognise it's something that some people may do, but it's just not a thing I would do.

---

Point 1/4 : Farobi noted it in our QT for y'all to see later, but yep, you were targeted because of your repeated references to dying etc. I think Bianca might have raised it initially in the game but tbh it was going to be noticed by us at some point soon.

Generally, our strategy was to remove "dangerous" players, not necessarily those with good or accurate reads. Vanessa and Seroja for example had the kind of reasoning + in-game posts that could turn the game against if left in past a certain point. Evan had to go as he was a leader. Toads was doing excellent theory generation at one point that was good for us.

It was all just a balancing act really.

We'd have been sunk if I was NKd but I wasn't really worried I'd be lynched, even after the big Evan thing.

Point 3/4 : I'm not the best player to answer that + give examples. I'm still new enough to Mafia that my grasp is more intuitive than experience, so I know the content I'm talking about when I see it, but Idk how to describe it. If that makes sense? I'm not trying to side-step you here, I just can't really give the detail in a way that would help.

I will just add that ^ is also why I played the way I did. I'm a very responsive/reciprocal kind of player, and without having anyone from Town doing the kinds of posts I'm used to, I decided to go with the flow rather than trying to do detailed reads like I have before. It wasn't a deliberate strategy, just how things played out.

- - - Post Merge - - -

FML I was going to edit that down dramatically. And write the last point before sending but whatever.

Point 4/4 - Idk if you were the first to use the term and there was no one particular instance that I objected to, it was just a term I saw being used by multiple players, that was used to describe more than one player, at at least a couple different times and it just kind of stood out to me as the type of things I was seeing more of than I was used to.

I completely understand your reasoning - and others - for using the term. I disagreed with the reasoning in some specific instances it was used (a quick check of my previous games would show that my reads formatting is not indicative of alignment) but that's all part of the game.

You were fine.

I hope that answers everything, lemme know if I forgot something etc etc.

:)

im guessing that last one is supposed to be 4?

ye im still learning too, i just wanted to know what you had to say about my specific posts. hopefully some more experienced players will join next game so i can bounce off them and get better.

also what happened to endless? did he leave or what

Random thought but @Ness, going off what I remember was said in obs chat, Locket still should’ve been notified if she was blocked because she went forward thinking her doc protect was already used. This does have an effect on strategic play, since she only has one shot of each ability (obviously blocked full doc should t be notified, but since she was one-shot, it affects the number of abilities she has)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back