• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

The Korean War is officially over

stormcommander said:
Bulerias said:
Now all we need to do is finish the war with Iraq, right?
Erm... we aren't at war with Iraq.
...We're not? Then what are our troops doing there? The so-called "Iraqi War" is still ongoing.

stormcommander said:
Bulerias said:
stormcommander said:
Bulerias said:
Now all we need to do is finish the war with Iraq, right?
Erm... we aren't at war with Iraq.
...We're not? Then what are our troops doing there? The so-called "Iraqi War" is still ongoing.
It's a "war" for Iraq.
Well, that's what I meant. It's still a war, in any case...

Anyway, this is definitely a step in the right direction, the ending of the Korean War. Now, to end all the other wars going on... and not to start any others...

*coughIrancough*

Great news.

The Iraqi "war" will never end because theres no point. Kill the rebels, then keep patrols there? yeah right. Theyre a democracy, now lets leave.

Iran will probably start something soon.

Actually, if I read the news right, the South Korean and North Korean leaders were simply talking about signing a treaty to officially end the Korean War. I didn't think they had actually ended the thing yet.

Zelandonia said:
Actually, if I read the news right, the South Korean and North Korean leaders were simply talking about signing a treaty to officially end the Korean War. I didn't think they had actually ended the thing yet.
I read they did sign it. I'm just glad that's one more war ended.

BTW, while we're on the topic of war, aren't North and South Korea part of the UN? And isn't the UN supposed to prevent stuff like this? Last time I checked, like two countries in Africa and Antarctica were the only places not part of the UN, so shouldn't the "Iragqi War" be over too? Just something to think about.

JJH0369 said:
Zelandonia said:

BTW, while we're on the topic of war, aren't North and South Korea part of the UN? And isn't the UN supposed to prevent stuff like this? Last time I checked, like two countries in Africa and Antarctica were the only places not part of the UN, so shouldn't the "Iragqi War" be over too? Just something to think about.
The "war" in Iraq is not actually a war between governments. The UN is making sure the Iraqi people are free and protected.

stormcommander said:
JJH0369 said:
Zelandonia said:

The "war" in Iraq is not actually a war between governments. The UN is making sure the Iraqi people are free and protected.
Oh, I see. So technically there are no actual wars going on at the present time?

Back