The "I learned something new today!" Thread

TIL that Waluigi is also a non-binary icon, I was playing Mario Party Superstars last night and I landed on chance time and Toad said "Waluigi will now trade their coins with Wario!" and my immediate reaction was "wow even Waluigi uses they/them pronouns" 😆
That's so cool to hear, I didn't know that! I also found out that a character from a cartoon I like is non-binary as well. Wakko Warner from Animaniacs is non-binary, since in one of the comics they state their gender as 'other'. (Not sure about the pronouns though, so I'll go with they/them.)

EncEFxfXEAYlJq3.jpg

I didn’t actually know that posts in the basement added to your post count. I know posts In there don’t give you bells, but it’s interesting how it does add to your post count! I feel strange that I didn’t know about that until I checked. 😋

What I learned according to my therapist is that people have become way too sensitive and its hard to even open up because those people never experience depression like I do. The best thing to do is to do things that I feel comfortable with and cut out those toxic people from my life because I deserve better than they do.

What I learned according to my therapist is that people have become way too sensitive and its hard to even open up because those people never experience depression like I do. The best thing to do is to do things that I feel comfortable with and cut out those toxic people from my life because I deserve better than they do.
I think problems come from people thinking they know what others are going through. You really don’t unless you walk in their shoes. The later you get in life the easier it is to cut toxic people out of your life. I understand it’s hard to open up but don’t close yourself off too much that you’re just completely distant. It’s good to trust in others but not so much that you hurt yourself. Holding emotions in is also unhealthy.

I think problems come from people thinking they know what others are going through. You really don’t unless you walk in their shoes. The later you get in life the easier it is to cut toxic people out of your life. I understand it’s hard to open up but don’t close yourself off too much that you’re just completely distant. It’s good to trust in others but not so much that you hurt yourself. Holding emotions in is also unhealthy.
Right now I have no friends in real life. Also I am trying my best to tell myself that there are good people in the world, but its the fact that I grew up in a toxic environment with bad people so its one of the reasons why I have a spoiled mindset. Its taking a long time to recover, but I am slowly getting there.

I learned that in New Leaf you can open your menu by pressing the X button. How did I not know of this until now? :0
i feel like every 1 should know this lol
Post automatically merged:

that in acnl you can get two 1 person beds put them next to each other and roll like in the two person bed omg-

Last edited:
I learned that when you listen to the Windmill Hut Theme (aka Song of Storms) with headphones, it goes from one side to another... Sort of like it's spinning around like a windmill. Very cool! I actually knew this a long time ago, but I really wanted to share it.

I even provided a video to showcase it. You don't have to listen to the full 10 hours btw, haha.

TIL that Disney's live action remake of Mulan from 2020 had a budget of $200 million and only brought in $66.8 million worldwide. I suppose it's probably mostly bc it was only on Disney Plus for an outrageous fee of $30 to view at home, but I also like to think that many people realized it really just isn't a good movie at all lol.

idk if Disney is still making live action "remake" films but I really wish they would stop.

edit: I just found out that the 66.8 million does not in fact include revenue from Disney Plus. even with that revenue included it still only grossed about half of its total budget.

I found out that you can make music in Ocarina of Time + Majora's Mask using the instruments that Link has! There are already five notes that you can play, but you can also change the pitch. I've been tinkering with it for a bit, and learned how to play a tidbit Saria's Song! The fact that I was able to figure it out myself appals me.

I found some videos of someone playing Song of Storms with this mechanic! (And yes, it works for both N64 and 3DS versions!)

TIL what oxytocin is! It's the chemical released in your brain when someone hugs you. :] There are two other prime examples, but the Fox Censors won't allow it I don't think I'm allowed to say it.

TIL there's a very strange glitch in Super Mario 64 that can only be pulled off with precise positioning and triggers. basically if you walk near the left side of front door of the mansion in Big Boo's Haunt (where the "indoors" sound is triggered) and a Boo laugh plays at the exact same time, the filter that normally makes it high pitched is not applied and thus the "normal" sound effect is played, which is a deep version of the Boo laugh (or a higher pitched Bowser laugh, since they both use the same sound effect).

I've played SM64 for years and I'm just now learning that this glitch exists, I would love to try to trigger it myself but it seems like it would be pretty hard to do.

here's a video of someone accidentally encountering it during a speedrun (language warning!)

This wasn't today, but Wednesday I learned about Boxing Day. I knew it was a British holiday on the day after Christmas but I never knew what it symbolized. Apparently, it originated as a day when the upper class would box up the things they didn't need anymore and give them to the household staff.

TIL that traded Pokemon will still obey you as long as they haven't hatched from an egg yet. Not sure why I didn't know that already...

TIL that the Animaniacs song "The Senses" is based off the tune/melody of "The Irish Ballad". Well, the majority of Animaniacs songs borrow tunes from other songs, but I find this one more interesting. Of course, The Irish Ballad is a lot darker than the latter.

Learned that you can just right-click the Neomail image on your user lookup to get the link for someone to send you a neomail LOL.

I found out that "goober peas" is another word for "peanuts" and the reason why peanuts are called goobers is this:

"A peanut is a legume, not a nut. It was first propogated in South America, then exported to Asia, Europe and Africa. The peanut proved very popular in Africa, and it was African slaves who brought the peanut to the southern United States. The term goober is derived from the Kongo word, nguba."

so now the name Goofy Goober makes total sense bc he's literally a goober 😂😂

Back