Giveaway The Fantastical Fantasy Forest TBT giveaway! [WINNERS ANNOUNCED: Congrats, Aquilla, Firesquids, and Mutti!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is such a sweet idea for a giveaway, thankyou for hosting this🥺

BA5B9EC6-7D35-4AE2-B486-B48AD5E0C9F8.jpeg

this is a really unusual one, but my pick is highfields falls in queensland, australia. when i was a preteen we lived very close to this little reserve and it was a very nice relaxing place to go to get away from family drama. my dad and previous stepmother were going through a divorce, and i was dealing with my first and worst bout of depression, and this was the place i went to to just escape and enjoy the calm and quiet for a bit. it's far enough away from civilization that all you can hear is the stream trickling and bird calls. sometimes i would take my shoes off and wade in the ankle-deep water, feel the earth and rocks and watch the miniscule fish swimming around, and it felt very grounding and peaceful. near the entrance there were a lot of new trees planted with the little wooden stakes to guide them and it was a nice reminder that i would grow out of this rough time too. i did, and i haven't thought about this place until just now, i think it's my one good memory of an otherwise very difficult time in my life.

Bump!

ALSO, an update to the OP that I'm about to make.

There will now be a 2nd place winner of 500 TBT and a 3rd place winner of 250 TBT!!! There's only been around a dozen entries so far, BUT all of them are so fantastic that I don't mind there being multiple winners!

Reminder that you all have until September 10th, this Saturday, to enter! All you have to do is talk about your favorite real world forest! :giggle:

I've had this picked since the day it was posted, but just havent gotten around to posting it here! My favorite forest is the Sagano Bamboo forest in Kyoto, Japan. Many people say that on a windy day, you can hear the rustling and cracking of the bamboo, and that it sounds almost like music. The towering heights of the bamboo, and its strength, serenity, and beauty are what really speaks to me. The bamboo is so tall, it's like it touches the sky. These photos are not mine, but they are photos of the Sagano forest, and they just make me want to spend a day getting lost in the sights and sounds of the reeds.
e6e27503937855900b_4070581709_1204f25e3b_b.jpg

121221d4-d0a8-4c8c-9a36-ca91a2af427fef209574b4e6d43d3b_DSC00583.jpg

15c8c1bf-a545-487c-a55b-a2b24e2b7cab225439149058c64190_A15AC1CF-6F39-4CC7-B916-C772F690EB4A.jpg

aqjh5yvevewg41dm33006834c41850d90e_26466788953_c7b85f6ffd_k.jpg

Ahhhh, almost forgot to do this!

My favourite forest in the world is Larch Valley, located in Banff National Park in the Canadian Rockies. Alberta is a pretty boring place to live most of the time, but we have the mountains right in our backyard! Larches are a species of conifers (pine trees) that actually turn yellow in the fall like deciduous trees. They give cozy autumn vibes, and are only in season for a few fleeting weeks of the year!

2014StarSlam11914.jpg

The period for entries is over! In total there were 13 entries. Give me a bit of time to reread each one and make my final decisions please (and also to calm my heart rate down. I just helped my team win a decisive battle in Pokemon Unite ranked and it caused my situational social anxiety to flare up. 🥴 )

I will edit this post when the winners are decided soon! :D 🥳

EDIT:

Ughhhh, it was NOT easy to decide this. There's too many good entries! In the end though, the winners are.... *drumroll*...

1. Aquilla! 🥳

The timing of the forest you visited was amazing, as was the picture you shared and the colors of it all. Not to mention the way you described how the forest looks! The palette used was a nice touch, as well. I've never been to Scotland before, but if I ever go there I'd definitely love to go and see this forest someday!

2. Firesquids! 🥳

The Capital Forest looks absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing all those pictures as well with descriptions too! The Oxalis plants look absolutely tasty! The spores and mushrooms are absolutely beautiful as well!

3. Mutti! 🥳

I absolutely LOVED reading about the Samboja Lestari and all the good it's doing for the world. Orangutans are a favorite animal of mine and are absolutely precious, so this was very nice to learn and read about.

And that's all! Or is it? Since there were 13 entries, and each entry was SO good, I will be giving out 50 TBT to the other 10 participants as well for putting the time and effort in to enter! All of the forests you guys described are absolutely amazing!

That's all for now! I may host another giveaway in the future, but thanks again to everyone who entered! Remember to help protect the forests... and our world! I'll leave you with this.

Last edited:
Thank you for hosting this giveaway, and congratulations to the three winners. The 50 TBT was a pleasant surprise, for sure. It was nice reading about so many different forests, lol!

Woah! @Naofumi I did NOT expect this, what an amazing surprise to wake up to! 🤯 I’m speechless… thank you so so much, this is incredibly generous of you 🥺♥️ Congratulations to Firesquids and Mutti as well! I had such a good time reading everyone’s entries, I love forests! They are one of my favourite places to be.

If you ever need the exact location of the forest, hmu 😄 it’s definitely worth a visit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back