• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Creative Ideas Group - Revival

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Hot Cocoa
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Two years ago, I tried creating a group called "The Apple Empire", but I cancelled it since there's no point in a group dedicated to a collectible, so I decided to make another one - the Creative Ideas Group. I kept it open for funding, but then I cancelled it due to the lack of interest and my wish to buy the Super Gold Mailbox add-on. Now, I choose to revive this project. It's been over two years since a new group was created, and the Group Add-on item remained unpurchased for two years as well. Plus, I've always wanted to start a group since I joined this site.

One group that I don't see on the Groups page is a group dedicated to those who are creative. While we have the Museum for artists and writers, the AC boards for Animal Crossing game ideas, and everything else for other ideas, I want to make a group for users who enjoy writing game ideas or other ideas in general. Within the original StarFall Press (first 100 entries), I had 18 blog entries on creative ideas, and 18 blog entries on game ideas. Not only that, but I written My Idea Book in 2016 too. That explains that I would fit in it if I make the group. And I'm sure everyone likes to come up with creative ideas.

And no, I prefer not to make a Discord group on it. You can read old posts on a thread easily, especially from small forums, but not on a Discord channel. It's hard to catch up on the posts. I know they are more popular than the group feature, but I like to go back and read others ideas more.

What is this group about?

It's a group dedicated to those who are artists and people who think of ideas. The group discussions are for fanfiction, game ideas, and other ideas (like inventions, business ideas, and ideas for laws). If you have a large idea (like your own amusement park if you ran one), you can create a new thread. Likewise, stuff like ideas for the next Animal Crossing game will go in the general AC ideas thread. And it's not just limited to ideas. It's also for creativity. If you have a fanfic or any story you want to share, or if you want to share screenshots of your work in ACNL or any game, you may share them on the group, whether or not they create any discussion value. As long as you have any ideas or forms of creativity, you may post there.

Is it open or closed?

If the Creative Ideas Group is created, I would make it a join group, where you can join for free rather than being invite only. If I choose to make an Apple Empire group, then it will be closed. But for an interest group like this, it should be an open group.

What are the challenges to creating the group?

First of all, to create a group, one has to spend 42,000 TBT, and it's not intended for a single buyer. It has to be a crowdfunded organization. So I created a thread where people can share their ideas while they donate TBT Bells to me. When I get enough in my group fund, I'll buy the group.

Right now, I have 5,700 TBT (I had 7,000 TBT earlier), but I put 1,700 TBT into the group funds. So I'll need 40,300 more TBT to start it. That's the equivalent of four members donating 10,000 TBT each and a few left to spare or 403 other members donating 100 TBT each.

The problem here is that the site's popularity has decayed. Absent of a new Animal Crossing game, the site has been losing activity. With less members, there's less TBT in circulation, which is going to make collection of donations harder. If I only expect 100 TBT per member, I'm gonna need a whole lot of memebrs supporting me. Very few members have at least 10,000 TBT, and most of these are either inactive or do not want to share their TBT with other members. And the staff are reluctant to redistribution of TBT (their opposition to this makes sense right now since the site is still too inactive for this). Of course, one of the richer members was announced dead earlier, which subtracts a lot of TBT from circulation. So I'll have to keep bumping the thread until I gather enough donations from other members. And I'll need a lot of attention.

I expect everyone (I mean, all donors, not all users) to donate 100 TBT at the minimum. Some is better than none, but donations less than 100 TBT is too little for the big price. There may be less TBT in circulation, but there's so much TBT Bells on site to where 4,200 TBT per group is cheap. Back when it was introduced, 4,200 TBT is a lot for the time, but due to serious inflation thanks to all the welcome bells and posts created, the price was brought to 42,000 TBT.

That being said, I hope to create this group sometime. I'll keep the thread open for months and will close it when I get enough TBT.

Not trying to be defensive, but your use of the word "lol" is rude. That term sounds like you're laughing at me over what I want to do, and that I find to be rude.

Are they dead because of Discord, or is it because of the state of the community that it's small?

Last edited:
Alolan_Apples;bt15127 said:
Are they dead because of Discord, or is it because of the state of the community that it's small?

I think the groups are dead for both of those reasons, and probably also because they've been there forever and they've grown stale. I think you said it's been a long time since a new group was created so that might be part of it.

Well I'm not going to accept Discord as the better place to chat. But I'm also thinking that if I can start a new group soon, it might get popular again.

Alolan_Apples;bt15130 said:
Well I'm not going to accept Discord as the better place to chat. But I'm also thinking that if I can start a new group soon, it might get popular again.
Yeah I definitely wouldn't say TBT Discord is better, though you can create your own server on Discord. Maybe people would like to gather there until the group is made here? Just a thought.

Back