• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Benefits of having multiple users on your island.

My favourite part of having multiple players is that i can have homes with different decos or aesthetics, there are many items i like in the game but i had the problem that i dont like mixing themes so in my case i have my main characters home in a very basic normal home style, my mermaid at the beach with her own little story in my head and my asian home up in the hills :)

I asked this in another thread but I was wondering if all player characters on the same island get Mom's fruit letter in the beginning? That would be useful if your Rep accidentally lost or ate theirs.
I’d assume that they would. I recall getting one for each of my characters.

I’d assume that they would. I recall getting one for each of my characters.
Thanks for answering. It means a lot to me.

I think each resident gets the same fruit from Mom. If that's so, this may be the solution to my orange problems. (Fingers crossed. 🤞 I really want that complete orchard but can't trade online.)

Tried using different characters on the same island and all I got from the Mom's letter at the start is 3,000 Bells. No fruit. So disappointed as it was my last chance to get oranges.

My favourite part of having multiple players is that i can have homes with different decos or aesthetics, there are many items i like in the game but i had the problem that i dont like mixing themes so in my case i have my main characters home in a very basic normal home style, my mermaid at the beach with her own little story in my head and my asian home up in the hills :)
This is why I have 8 profiles on my Switch! I wanted a main street filled with different shops and restaurants, so I made a Starbucks, a mall based on the mall I live near, and I'm going to remake it, but I'm planning on making one of my favorite local restaurants as well. I also made a school, a castle (I just thought that would be fun!), a wedding chapel next to the castle, and I originally made a seasonal house, but scrapped that idea and turned it into a Build-A-Bear Workshop! I also have my house, which brings the total to eight different characters. It was a bit boring doing the grind for 5,000 Nook Miles in the beginning for each building (which I'm going to have to do one more time when I redo the restaurant :cry:), but it's really worth it to see everything built - it really makes the island seem alive! Also, fun fact: I named the school's character after my mom since she's a teacher!

I have two profiles on each island and have been debating on adding a third. My question is if I do add an extra player can they use local play without setting up a new Nintendo account for them. I already have two Nintendo accounts and don’t really want to set up another.

This is why I have 8 profiles on my Switch! I wanted a main street filled with different shops and restaurants, so I made a Starbucks, a mall based on the mall I live near, and I'm going to remake it, but I'm planning on making one of my favorite local restaurants as well. I also made a school, a castle (I just thought that would be fun!), a wedding chapel next to the castle, and I originally made a seasonal house, but scrapped that idea and turned it into a Build-A-Bear Workshop! I also have my house, which brings the total to eight different characters. It was a bit boring doing the grind for 5,000 Nook Miles in the beginning for each building (which I'm going to have to do one more time when I redo the restaurant :cry:), but it's really worth it to see everything built - it really makes the island seem alive! Also, fun fact: I named the school's character after my mom since she's a teacher!

Do you have a dream address? If not, that's completely ok! I'd love to visit anyone's DA who has multiple users/houses to see how you've utilised them! 😊

Do you have a dream address? If not, that's completely ok! I'd love to visit anyone's DA who has multiple users/houses to see how you've utilised them! 😊
I do, but honestly? Only 3 of the houses are actually decorated fully (and I want to redo some of the one with the new 2.0 furniture), but if you really want to see it, my DA is DA-3626-4972-2547!

A few more advantages:

You get different dialog from your villagers. Your villagers will gossip about your other characters telling you what they've been up to.

If you have the HHP expansion, you can get more moss and vine materials since each character has their own version of the Paradise island.

Back