• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Benefits of having multiple users on your island.

VanitasFan26

I'm just a ghost.
Bells
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
1. They can get different Fortunes from Katrina: If your someone that got a fortune from Katrina that you don't like with User A, you can use User B to try again to get a different Fortune. It can really help.

2. They would get different variants of Birthday Items: You still need to build up friendship with the villagers from each user which can take some time but if you are successful you will be able to get different variants of Birthday items.

3. They can buy more items and even send the items to yourself: Say if you wanted to buy more items you can have more Users that are living the island and send it to yourself from Nook Shopping, the only downside is that it would just take too long since the 5 limit applies to each user. So if you have like say 8 users and you want to get a lot of stuff you'll have to order the items 5 from each user which that will be 40 items in total. That requires a lot of signing in and signing out that can take way more longer but its there if you want to have a lot more items.

4. They can go on Kapp'n Islands in one day: It can be annoying getting the same island over again with one user and you can only do it once a day (unless you time travel) but with multiple users you can still go on a tour with Kapp'n Tours and you may sometimes encounter different variants of islands and get more materials more faster.

5. Bell Tree Spots will spawn for each user: Like for example when you log in as User A they will see where the bell tree spot and they bury it, you can save the game and then login into User B and they will have their own Bell Tree spot spawning (the location is random for each user) and you can have multiple Bell Trees planted on the island.

6. They can be transferred to a different island but keep their stuff: Please note this only works if you have a 2nd switch and a 2nd copy of the game in order for this to work. This feature is useful because when the user is transferred they kept all their bells, items, nook miles, and the fully upgraded home with them and I didn't have to worry about learning DIYS again. The way this is explained is if you press minus on the title screen and then Tom Nook explains this. Also one other cool thing if your user has the Island Designer App and you transfer to a new island at the beginning when its deserted they can start terraforming right off the bat, it saves the time of having to do all that painful work to unlock it.

7. They can store items in the Recycle Bin at Resident Services: A lot of people may not know this but when you add a new user to your island you will get a new app to your Nookphone that is called the "Call Resident" then it will do is that you can play together with the other user. To get to the point you can use them as "Followers" and to make sure they dig up any flower, tree, or bush with the shovel. What happens is that they dig it up and it disappears to the recycle bin at Resident Services. While this sounds like a good idea there is a problem. Its very time consuming and it take way longer just to switch between users. Also the Recycle Bin has a strange limit where if you fill it with so many items it deletes any old items that was previously inside before. This one is recommended if you're trying to save trees and flowers in storage.

8. They can buy multiple paintings and statues from Redd: If you want to get all the paintings and statues from Redd in one day you can have 4 users on your island they will be able to buy the items that you want. Very helpful if you want to get the paintings and statues a lot more faster. It also works on Harvs Island.

Thats pretty much all the benefits that I can think of from what I tested so far, if you have anymore that you recently discovered share with us.

Last edited:
I didn't know #7, thanks.
I just started a second player on my Switches to get more storage. My main players have max storage but it's still not enough, lol.

I didn't know #7, thanks.
I just started a second player on my Switches to get more storage. My main players have max storage but it's still not enough, lol.
Yeah something else I forgot to mention that you can have even more storage with upgrading homes with each user. Of course thats going to cost a lot of bells to do that and if you had say 8 users and they all had 5,000 storage each you're looking at a total of 40,000 Storage.

Pipes and Call Resident is a fast way to get extra DIY recipes from a villager crafting.
Place a pipe outside the crafting villager house and have one by Resident Services. Use Call Resident, pop in the pipe, change leader and let the extra player get the DIY. If you want the extra DIY drop it outside and than change leader. Pick up the DIY and than Call Resident Service and pick a different player.

Pipes and Call Resident is a fast way to get extra DIY recipes from a villager crafting.
Place a pipe outside the crafting villager house and have one by Resident Services. Use Call Resident, pop in the pipe, change leader and let the extra player get the DIY. If you want the extra DIY drop it outside and than change leader. Pick up the DIY and than Call Resident Service and pick a different player.
Oh thats useful. I would've never thought of that!

do they get custom design slots? there’s never enough of those slots for me. I use like 5 different paths

One other thing I just discovered is that each user has their own Money Rocks, So if you hit all the rocks there is a chance that one of them will be money rocks for another user, but its RNG most of the time.

One other thing I just discovered is that each user has their own Money Rocks, So if you hit all the rocks there is a chance that one of them will be money rocks for another user, but its RNG most of the time.
I also figured out that you can get multiple DIYS and Cooking Recipes with each user. So if you want to get an extra one just to save up for your friend this can be useful!

For #7, it's important to keep this in mind

A maximum of 80 items can be stored in the recycle box, though only up to 60 are visible at a time. After the maximum is reached, the oldest items are removed.

Oh wow, this is all very helpful. Although it's gonna take a lot of space for houses

You can also build up earned Nook Miles faster.

On my first island, Óhana, I have four humans. If they are each at the maximum 300 Nook Miles just for checking daily, I can generate 1,200 Nook Miles per day overall.

I have four humans, with an island established since the game’s release date of 03.20.2020, because of decorating. Over time, it made sense.

There is a drawback: It can be exhausting. My island is basically complete. I switch up some exterior pieces for different periods of the year—like holidays—and I love the villagers. And, when you get right down to it, what matters most is whether you enjoy your island.

Can also be useful for getting different colors and variations of the mom stuff sent in the mail. My mom has played on my island since launch and she always gets different color mom items from me, while I always get them in pink for some reason haha.

If you have have Happy Home Paradise all your different characters will also have different items to buy in the HHP store. Can be useful to get more items, especially if you are just starting out.

Honestly, just getting MORE birthday and Mom items is amazing regardless of variations.

If you allow a villager to move out but change your mind, another player can still tell them to stay.

When I ran a shop on this website, having multiple characters on my island were definitely the key to organizing all that storage and wanted items. Also it was fun just trying to complete the game with multiple characters.

Thank you! That is really helpful, as I didn't know any of that and never really thought about adding a 2nd user until now. :D

I asked this in another thread but I was wondering if all player characters on the same island get Mom's fruit letter in the beginning? That would be useful if your Rep accidentally lost or ate theirs.

Back