The ACNH Rant Thread

Terraforming in a populated area is a nightmare! The villagers love to get in the way. I'm fixing up an area between my Airport and Resident Service building (they are kinda close to each other), the villagers are coming and sitting on the ground.
I would use a fence, but it will get in my way.
I feel your pain I had to deal with the same issue myself.

I feel your pain I had to deal with the same issue myself.

Like look at them, I'm trying to pick up some paths here.

E1IPS1gUcAI0y60.jpeg

E1IPS1dVUAAdNUM.jpeg

I wanted a ramp next to resident services leading up to a river and over a bridge.

Too close to resident services... urgh fine, I'll push it back a square.
Too close to the bridge.

Super happy I designed my island around that idea...

I need to rant about this, because I discovered another restriction with this game when starting on a 2nd island. So you know when you have amiibo cards you can invite villagers to replace them right? Here's the problem. I learned recently that you need to have 10 villagers in order to be able to kick out villagers that you don't want on your island. So the plan I had to have 8 villagers and replace them with amiibos was ruined because of that restriction. I refuse to do that stupid card mini game because I know how painful it is and how RNG based it is.

I mean I know this game is suppose to give you the freedom of wanting to do things your way, but it just feels like this restriction is the one thing that prevented me from doing the thing I wanted to do. That really bothered me so much! :mad:

This is the reason why I bought Amiibo cards because at least when you finally invite the villager for the 3rd time on the 3rd day you have the option to pick who to move out. I never touched that campsite mini game ever again because like with others said its RNG based and its a real pain to deal with.
Amen. The Amiibo cards were my saving grace but even with them it's a pain in the butt. Why do we have to craft three different items, three different days!? Geez, we already spent money, what more do they want from us?

Amen. The Amiibo cards were my saving grace but even with them it's a pain in the butt. Why do we have to craft three different items, three different days!? Geez, we already spent money, what more do they want from us?
Game play padding.

I think its fine and fun that it takes 3 days.
It ballances out the ease of moving them in and how you get to kick out a villager you hate.

What bothers me is how they can ask for stuff that requires GOLD to make.
Like really? One of the hardest things to come by and you casually ask me for it? Hell no

I think its fine and fun that it takes 3 days.
It ballances out the ease of moving them in and how you get to kick out a villager you hate.

What bothers me is how they can ask for stuff that requires GOLD to make.
Like really? One of the hardest things to come by and you casually ask me for it? Hell no

The last Amiibo I invited asked for all cardboard box furniture! I feel like they shouldn't be allowed to ask for furniture that requires you to wait a day to order the ingredients if you don't happen to have any laying around in storage. They happened to want the one item that takes five boxes to make, too!

The last Amiibo I invited asked for all cardboard box furniture! I feel like they shouldn't be allowed to ask for furniture that requires you to wait a day to order the ingredients if you don't happen to have any laying around in storage. They happened to want the one item that takes five boxes to make, too!
Yeah when it's stuff like get 10 wood it's in good fun.
Some stuff is just unfair to ask for

Yeah when it's stuff like get 10 wood it's in good fun.
Some stuff is just unfair to ask for
When I was inviting Chrissy she asked me to craft a Shell Fountain. I didn't have the materials so I had to go back on my main island, give myself on the 2nd island the materials, and then craft it to give it to her. Let me just say that was pretty time consuming.

When I was inviting Chrissy she asked me to craft a Shell Fountain. I didn't have the materials so I had to go back on my main island, give myself on the 2nd island the materials, and then craft it to give it to her. Let me just say that was pretty time consuming.
I get that feel
When moving in ursala I had to buy shells on here as I collected all of mine and went to t mystery islands and still got none

why does my island have to have big, chunky rocks? not the ones that can be walked on... i mean the ones that you lose balloon presents on...

they're in the way...

It's annoying how walking NPCs can bypass the fences. I have some fences blocking areas so I can work without my villagers getting in the way.
I really wish that wasn't a thing.

It's annoying how walking NPCs can bypass the fences. I have some fences blocking areas so I can work without my villagers getting in the way.
I really wish that wasn't a thing.
Are you seeing them do it or is it happening when you go really far away and then come back to the spot? Because unlike the other games, some of the stuff doesn't load into the game until you're really close. Like pay attention on a sunny day of the shadows on your fruit trees. You'll see your native fruit adding to the shadow when you're really close, but the farther you go away, the shadow just disappears.

I miss when villagers used to visit you in your own house like they did in New Leaf
YES. I miss the villagers setting up play dates and asking to visit your house or even asking you to visit them. I also miss the flea market when they came into your house to buy things. I loved giving items to the villagers they really wanted at cheap prices because I love my villagers!

YES. I miss the villagers setting up play dates and asking to visit your house or even asking you to visit them. I also miss the flea market when they came into your house to buy things. I loved giving items to the villagers they really wanted at cheap prices because I love my villagers!
The sad thing is people have claimed to have found datamine/leaks about villager visits way back last year (same with Brewster/cafe) So it's like ok...why are we waiting a year and a 1/2 since game release to add this stuff (if it is coming back) This is the stuff you drop 1-5 months after the game just came out. Not half way into its life.

The sad thing is people have claimed to have found datamine/leaks about villager visits way back last year (same with Brewster/cafe) So it's like ok...why are we waiting a year and a 1/2 since game release to add this stuff (if it is coming back) This is the stuff you drop 1-5 months after the game just came out. Not half way into its life.
Yep. I’d think Nintendo would have kept this feature. I’m not even sure why it was removed in the first place. I much preferred the flea markets to putting items up at Re-Tail. Even with them taking out flea markets, it’s beyond me why the play dates were removed. It was a nice little feature.

Yep. I’d think Nintendo would have kept this feature. I’m not even sure why it was removed in the first place. I much preferred the flea markets to putting items up at Re-Tail. Even with them taking out flea markets, it’s beyond me why the play dates were removed. It was a nice little feature.
I am halfway sure most of this stuff is coming back, but they're just taking their sweet time. I think they're kind of milking it out now and probably using the pandemic as an excuse. Yeah it was a serious situation, but I feel like if Sakurai and team could still manage to work on a schedule to get the fighter passes out, the NH crew could do a little more.

At this point, I really do feel like they're going to probably bring it back and put paid dlc on it, which would suck, but they don't really have a reason with the pandemic sales exceeding their expectations. So they got our money already.

Something else that I remembered because of your posts and how delayed things have been is the mermaid fence diy. It was originally intended to release with the diving update, but they forgot to code it in or something. So it took them either 8 months to notice that or just bother to get around to patching the fence diy in. I like the game, but you have to admit that is kind of sad lol.

Back