• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

The ACNH Rant Thread

I’m tired of the Happy Home Academy always roasting my house. “You have trash on the floor!” “Did you know you’ll lose points when an item is backwards?” “Maybe you should try changing up your interior design!” Like, where’s the positivity? I hate getting negative letters every week, complaining about how I decorate MY house.

They are super negative, and I have to say I hate most of the HHA rules in general, honestly! They basically want me to only display items of the exact same colour, or to just dump out a complete set of themed items in each room for maximum points. That's super boring to me, and doesn't make a house feel like home at all! It'd be nice if the rules were a little more nuanced, because I flat out refuse to make a totally pink bedroom, or a basement filled with random Mario items! It's just not me. And how dare they refer to my birthday cupcake as trash!

Another issue I have with the HHA is they keep mentioning that there are "items strewn about" in my main room. Are they talking about the toys and book on the floor? It's supposed to look like a kid's bedroom but apparently the HHA doesn't like that.

I wish I could at least unsubscribe to their service, they obviously hate my house 😂

I really hate how when you're trying to villager hunt on Nook Mile Islands you somehow keep running into the same villager over and over again. Like I remember back when I was looking for Raymond last year using so like 800 nmts I ran into Zucker like 6 times! I mean really? You should not have a repeat of a villagers that you saw so many times. I don't know if the RNG for villagers is bad, but this is something that always bothered me for the longest time.

Villager Hunting is a good thing after the villager who you wanted to move out for a long time leaves and you have an empty plot to fill. However, trying to find that one villager you are looking for and then having to worry about seeing so many repeated villagers can get pretty annoying.

Another issue I have with the HHA is they keep mentioning that there are "items strewn about" in my main room. Are they talking about the toys and book on the floor? It's supposed to look like a kid's bedroom but apparently the HHA doesn't like that.

I wish I could at least unsubscribe to their service, they obviously hate my house 😂
This. I'm tired of them complaining about my house. First of all, I own it, so i should be able to decorate how I want. Second, the lack of furniture isn't really helping the hha issue. If this is how the hha is, then I advise to not put it in the game at all, or restore it to the 1000000000000x less annoying new leaf version where lyle gets his own building along with lottie and Digby, and maybe a new character.

Honestly, we should have the choice to opt out of HHA letters, and only get them when we get milestones and the gifts with them.

This. I'm tired of them complaining about my house. First of all, I own it, so i should be able to decorate how I want. Second, the lack of furniture isn't really helping the hha issue. If this is how the hha is, then I advise to not put it in the game at all, or restore it to the 1000000000000x less annoying new leaf version where lyle gets his own building along with lottie and Digby, and maybe a new character.
Lyle's reviews were also a lot more personal. You could go to him and ask what the results were and sometimes he would give some of the funniest comments.

I really hate how when you're trying to villager hunt on Nook Mile Islands you somehow keep running into the same villager over and over again. Like I remember back when I was looking for Raymond last year using so like 800 nmts I ran into Zucker like 6 times! I mean really? You should not have a repeat of a villagers that you saw so many times. I don't know if the RNG for villagers is bad, but this is something that always bothered me for the longest time.

Villager Hunting is a good thing after the villager who you wanted to move out for a long time leaves and you have an empty plot to fill. However, trying to find that one villager you are looking for and then having to worry about seeing so many repeated villagers can get pretty annoying.

It's sort of curious how the game's villager RNG works. When you visit a mystery island, the game rolls to select a species 1st before rolling to select a villager in that species. Since there are only 3 octopi but over 20 cats, the chance of seeing Zucker on any given island is *significantly* higher than seeing Raymond. Specific villagers from species with larger families (such as dogs and cats) are harder to find than those that are smaller.

I guess on one hand this method provides better diversity among species, but it does make finding specific villagers from some families more difficult than if the game just selected any of the 400 villagers at random ( but on the other-hand people might complain that all they find are dogs and cats).

I am once again here to complain about the clothing being different shades. It seems like such a miniscule and petty thing to complain about because overall I find a lot of the clothes in New Horizons to be gorgeous but goodness gracious the colour matching really grinds my gears. I just do not understand why they chose to make certain things different shades!

I have a handful of items that are white. For the most part these items are all actually an off-white colour so my white checkered jumper dress and white beret are the same colour. I love that and I love wearing them together and actually prefer this off-white colour vs something being a stark white. There are a few items, however, that are a stark white and it drives me bonkers. Some of those cute checkered chesterfield coats have a stark white sweater under them and one of the poncho coats has stark white detailing vs off-white so the skirts and boots that I would pair with them don't actually match because the colour is off.

Since I mentioned the poncho coats can I take a minute to rant about those in particular? Well, the poncho coats and pom-pom boots because it really feels like those two items were intended to be paired together. They share a very similar look and some of the colours are a dead-on match for one another! ...Until we get to the pink one. Why on Earth did they decide to make the pink poncho coat more of a vivid fuchsia shade? And they gave it stark white details vs the off-white that the other coats have. Honestly the colour of it bothers my eyes but if that wasn't bad enough they then made the pink pom-pom boots a really pleasing shade of pink so every time I see the two of them I'm just left wishing the coat and boots matched. I also wish we had gotten purple, green, and blue coats to match those pom-pom boots!

There's some other oddities that bother me like the dollhouse dresses are all sort of a weird shade, in my opinion. I really love the light blue one and I don't mind the yellow one but it feels as if they're all quite bright? I received the light blue dress from a balloon and didn't get the rest until nearly a year later so I was under the impression they would all be the same sort of soft shades but they're not. This is definitely more of a personal preference but I just wish all the dresses were a softer shade, lol.

I'm still disappointed that they locked design sharing and colour varieties behind an online paid service. That wasn't the case in New Leaf. The bigger things like visiting islands and dreaming and backups I can get over, but sharing a design? Also I have no interest in playing multiplayer and trading, do they have to force me to do that and pay for it? So obviously money-grabbing it puts a bad taste in my mouth and almost reminds me of a mobile game.

Joke's on them, I'm still enjoying the game with "only" the $80 I paid for it! *Evil laugh*

This is less of a rant and more of a "I'm confuzzled" statement.

I, for whatever reason, didn't get Rover's photo even though I completed the May Day tour last year? I still got the briefcase, now I have two briefcases lol

This is less of a rant and more of a "I'm confuzzled" statement.

I, for whatever reason, didn't get Rover's photo even though I completed the May Day tour last year? I still got the briefcase, now I have two briefcases lol
Did you use another user? Or did you somehow restarted your island and the process on May Day last year was removed?

Redd is on my island again. When he's not selling all fakes, he's selling the same legit art I've bought since he first came. It's always like the same 5 pieces. I've gotten Mona Lisa so many times.

I feel like the rng in this game is way more random and rare then the other games.

Redd is on my island again. When he's not selling all fakes, he's selling the same legit art I've bought since he first came. It's always like the same 5 pieces. I've gotten Mona Lisa so many times.

I feel like the rng in this game is way more random and rare then the other games.
This is why I ended up having to do trades just to get the rest of the real statues and paintings last year. The RNG for Redd was bad for me also.

Obligatory montly rant about missing the postoffice and being able to order more than 5 things every day.
Also because we don't have information signs in all the exhibitions in the museum (like the art gallery has).

Yes very small features and a lot of people don't seem to care. But whenever I felt bored in NL I just decided to order a bunch of stuff to redo a room or exhibition, or I wondered in the museum like IRL and learn al the neat and cool facts about the creatures and fossils... Miss those days :(

Obligatory montly rant about missing the postoffice and being able to order more than 5 things every day.
Also because we don't have information signs in all the exhibitions in the museum (like the art gallery has).

Yes very small features and a lot of people don't seem to care. But whenever I felt bored in NL I just decided to order a bunch of stuff to redo a room or exhibition, or I wondered in the museum like IRL and learn al the neat and cool facts about the creatures and fossils... Miss those days :(
I hear ya. The 5 item limit is really annoying and having to wait another day just to get the items is just ridiculous. I just wish the items would just go straight to your mailbox and then you can just pick it up and open up the gifts to see the items instead of having to wait a day for it to arrive.

One thing that irked me is when I was on rush and I try to mass buy Bell vouchers, but I had to go through the whole dialogues for each time I purchased one, with no option to skip faster or buy them in bulk. Is anyone else bothered by this or am I the only one? Does aonyne else wish we could buy things in bulk?

Oof, I hope that's not true. He's only been to my island twice now, both times having the serene and quaint painting (one fake, the other genuine). Hope that's not going to be a pattern :(

One thing that irked me is when I was on rush and I try to mass buy Bell vouchers, but I had to go through the whole dialogues for each time I purchased one, with no option to skip faster or buy them in bulk. Is anyone else bothered by this or am I the only one? Does aonyne else wish we could buy things in bulk?
Oh, I am. It's a pain getting nook miles tickets because the dialogue is so long. Yes I know you can make it go faster with A, but I wish max crafting/max buying was a thing. It would be such a time saver, especially for people who own shops who sell them like me.

Back