The ACNH Rant Thread

I made a street market on my island a few weeks ago since Isabelle was saying I didn't have enough furniture to get to 5 stars, and I really like how it turned out but now the whole east part of my downtown area is quite laggy. It's not the worst thing int the world but its still a bit discouraging to put so much time and effort into an area and then avoid it as much as possible because its annoying to walk through. And one of my villagers lives in that area too so now I hardly visit her house

Which one's are they? Cause you can't get the carriage DIY until Halloween (which I learned yesterday lol).

I’m missing the Garland, Table Setting, Wand and now that I know about the Carriage I’m feeling a little less crazy hahahah 🖤🎃

I’m missing the Garland, Table Setting, Wand and now that I know about the Carriage I’m feeling a little less crazy hahahah 🖤🎃
I got those 3 on Halloween as well but you might wanna double check and google it!

I wish they'd get rid of reactions and other things I'll never use, like wands, instead of adding more.
We need FURNITURE AND FOOD ITEMS from NL back!

I like Shrunk's Joke Book better, not the bland ugly interface in this game.

I really hate the poor quality, plastic halloween items.

All those pumpkins and no pumpkin pie?

We had one in NL.
We had a ton of awesome items.

No wonder we have downsized houses.
There's nothing to put in them but crafted garbage.

I've literally ended up putting snapping turtles on things because there's nothing much else.
I can't keep using turtles as decorations, it's nuts. LOL

NL really was a much better game.

Every day that goes by is a day closer to me quitting AC for good.

Last edited:
Decorating with the same items in different colors makes it clear that NH needs NL items desperately :/

I love some of these items, but the more I stare at the items available the blander they become...sigh

I want perfect fruit tress back especially now as dead ones would go so well with the spooky furniture & help give a creepy vibe the game is lacking.

I want the creepy furniture back as well, I had in NL with the rococo set in black & I loved it which is definitely better, for me anyway, than the Halloween furniture we've been given.

If they never bring back creepy furniture I'm gonna be so sad. I want to make a haunted house! I want old creepy headstones poking out of the ground! And dead trees! And coffins :( New Leaf spoiled me and so did Pocket Camp last Halloween, I can't believe the content in a mobile game is beating a mainline game. What is the world coming to 😿

Also I hear there's only one snowman now? What is it with this game and cutting things out? It makes me really want to go back to New Leaf but I just can't pass up this game's improvements and amazing graphics, I love how it looks so much. This is so annoying.

why can't they do something like making hourly music from old animal crossing games be available via nook miles or something, so then you can choose which hourly music you want for each hour and not be stuck with acnh's mediocre hourly music all the time

adding this alone would make the game infinitely better for me lol

If they never bring back creepy furniture I'm gonna be so sad. I want to make a haunted house! I want old creepy headstones poking out of the ground! And dead trees! And coffins :( New Leaf spoiled me and so did Pocket Camp last Halloween, I can't believe the content in a mobile game is beating a mainline game. What is the world coming to 😿

Also I hear there's only one snowman now? What is it with this game and cutting things out? It makes me really want to go back to New Leaf but I just can't pass up this game's improvements and amazing graphics, I love how it looks so much. This is so annoying.
Oh my god literally agree, the snowman thing caught me off guard so much, why even take them out?? They also removed the igloo during winter for the campsite like come on? It's so irritating because it's hard to play NL when you've been exposed to so many good quality of life features in NH, yet NH takes out all the charm from past games. And furniture.

why can't they do something like making hourly music from old animal crossing games be available via nook miles or something, so then you can choose which hourly music you want for each hour and not be stuck with acnh's mediocre hourly music all the time

adding this alone would make the game infinitely better for me lol
Also agree with this so much lol. NH's music actually ruins the game for me. I stop playing at many hours of the day because I don't like most of the soundtrack. I'm not really one to listen to things on top of an actual game or play in silence, it kind of removes part of the experience

I had 2 scorpions spawn in the span of 5 minutes apart from each other and I wasn't able to catch either of them. So I looked up how to catch them and now suddenly they won't spawn. Spawning like crazy before even sneak attacking me but now that I know how to catch them, they don't spawn at all.

This is the kind of bull that really makes me really dislike this game sometimes. I don't tolerate bull very well and I sure as heck don't tolerate them in games.

so i got the island designer things about two days ago. I decided tonight i would try to start making my dream island. After about eh 3 hours my island looks trash im super upset. I really want a curvey mystical river. Its really annoying trying to make a curved river with a square shovel. I feel like I've ruined my island.

I seriously hate getting overly motivated to do something on my island, only to forget I can't really start it until I delete ONE thing to make the room I need. I just want 5AM to come around so I can start. Ughhh...

I had 2 scorpions spawn in the span of 5 minutes apart from each other and I wasn't able to catch either of them. So I looked up how to catch them and now suddenly they won't spawn. Spawning like crazy before even sneak attacking me but now that I know how to catch them, they don't spawn at all.

This is the kind of bull that really makes me really dislike this game sometimes. I don't tolerate bull very well and I sure as heck don't tolerate them in games.
I feel your pain. That's RNG in a nutshell 🙄 when you're not trying/have no clue about something suddenly that 1% spawn rate for that super rare enemy drop/Pokemon/Scorpion becomes the most common thing ever, but when you're finally prepared and understand the mechanics better......RIP your hopes and dreams, RIP your sanity.

Can't stand that kind of Bull, neither...

God, 2PM in particular is so awful, it actively makes me mad listening to it.
I purposely avoid 2pm, the only time I'm playing at that hour is when I started at 1pm and am still going. Then I finish what I'm doing and shut it off asap.

At the moment where I live it's 5:30pm and I'm procrastinating on here until the hour changes 😂 Not a fan of that theme either just because it doesn't fit an island setting imo.

I beg of Nintendo, if they won't let us unlock previous game music... just let us mute it. Like so many other games. It's not hard! And they can't say it goes against tradition because heaps of things they introduced goes against tradition.

custom design slots. i know everyone's said this a million times, and in the list of things that should be on a higher priority they aren't that up there, but! i would love for just a few more custom design slots. i don't want my island to look repetitive, so it's getting to be a bit more tedious to ensure i'm not just using the same layouts and designs as i go. only having so many slots (and most of them are taken up by 'the path' that i will never delete or overwrite, so i guess that's my bad) is really kickin' me in the back of the knee for my inspiration.

So back at island designing and i have a massive headache after crying for about 20mins. I still cant get a curved river i have destroyed my island trying to make a magical neighborhood. I legit hate my island now and is strongly considering throwing away my game and starting over all over. Anyone have any river designing tips they can share im seriously struggling.

Back