• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

The ACNH Rant Thread

how the frick do you make the message in a bottle a central aspect of the game, but not allow players to send a message in a bottle to their friends? why would you waste such a glorious opportunity. i miss the days of reading a note in a bottle that started with "dear some stranger..."

I can deal with pretty much every single issue in the game right now. I'm confident Nintendo is hard at work improving it - it's the best selling Switch game right now, and they know they can't miss this chance to make it even better.

But the waterfalls are too loud.

A peeve I've quietly held since day 1:

I have medium-brown hair in real life.
I named my islander my own name, planning to make her represent me.
There is no medium-brown hair option in NH like there was in NL, because they replaced it with a second gray/silvery hair color if I'm not mistaken.

So my islander perpetually has turquoise hair because my natural hair color isn't represented. No I'm not Goldilocks, I'm not a redhead and I'm not a brunette either. Really?

Like what was actually wrong with the hair color options from NL and before I don't get it
They removed the lavender color in favor of a weird purplish-pink too and it makes me so sad! No my hair isn’t lavender irl sadly, but I love having purple hair and the one option people say is purple looks very pink to my eyes. Some old hairstyles are missing too and it’s like you said, what was wrong with the options that NL and Pocket Camp offer?

People leaving using the minus button and not the airport.

Also, leaving with the minus button even existing. :/

I think a lot of people are unaware of the issue :( every time I trade with someone, I do let them know beforehand. And yeah, I think the minus button for a quick leave would be fine (I prefer it, instead of going all the way to the airport), if we didn't have a game breaking glitch. I do hope they fix it soon so I can use it, again, lol.

Reactions: Raz
if we didn't have a game breaking glitch. I do hope they fix it soon so I can use it, again, lol.

Provided it is a glitch. I don't know if it's intentional or not on Nintendo's part, but it would be nice if they could make it work exactly like the airport.

I can deal with pretty much every single issue in the game right now. I'm confident Nintendo is hard at work improving it - it's the best selling Switch game right now, and they know they can't miss this chance to make it even better.

But the waterfalls are too loud.

For real. I was gonna make my side beaches have waterfall backdrops but then i stood right next to a waterfall.

My hearing is still recovering.

I don't mind the idea of leaving with the minus button if Nintendo actually did their job and fixed it up.

I think a lot of people are unaware of the issue :( every time I trade with someone, I do let them know beforehand. And yeah, I think the minus button for a quick leave would be fine (I prefer it, instead of going all the way to the airport), if we didn't have a game breaking glitch. I do hope they fix it soon so I can use it, again, lol.
Wait what glitch is happening with the - button?
I thought the 'only' problem was that you get set back a few minutes when the timer runs out

Is it me that there is no zoom function in when making custom designs? I really don't like squinting my eyes through the desktop, tv or on the handheld switch. I want some of the NL design features to return in NH as well.

Do you know if the glitch also applies for when the host sends people home with the minus button, or is it only for guests who leave with the minus button?

Do you know if the glitch also applies for when the host sends people home with the minus button, or is it only for guests who leave with the minus button?

IIRC, that is the only way for the host to send people home. Using the airport can only close the gate to stop new visitors from entering.

Wait what glitch is happening with the - button?
I thought the 'only' problem was that you get set back a few minutes when the timer runs out

It appears your data can be deleted (as in, your entire game will be lost). I should add it's not as common (or nearly as common) as other glitches, by the looks of it.

It appears your data can be deleted (as in, your entire game will be lost). I should add it's not as common (or nearly as common) as other glitches, by the looks of it.
what omg
do you know if it can happen anytime you or someone else uses the - button or if it only happens on specific occasions?
now I'm scared about trading >.<

how the frick do you make the message in a bottle a central aspect of the game, but not allow players to send a message in a bottle to their friends? why would you waste such a glorious opportunity. i miss the days of reading a note in a bottle that started with "dear some stranger..."
I would love to be able to do this with my own extra DIYs since I can't put them in storage and trading takes forever.
Let me send it to a random person so they can be surprised to find TWO DIY message bottles in a day!!!

I hate how the starter villagers houses always remain empty looking and ugly even if you give them stuff. I wish eventually they'd make it to where it looks like it would if they had moved in :(
There's no personality...

what omg
do you know if it can happen anytime you or someone else uses the - button or if it only happens on specific occasions?
now I'm scared about trading >.<

I'm not totally sure, unfortunately. I think it may happen more often when you have a large amount of people coming in and out of an island. But again, not super sure. I believe a user in TBT posted not long ago about her data being wiped out for this same reason, and she'd only been in her nephew's (I think) island.

I know this is kinda off topic but can people please stop using “lobotomized” as a way to describe villagers or stuff? I know it doesn’t mean much and most people are saying it to be “edgy” but you do realize it was a procedure done on people who had mental illnesses (mostly done in Western countries due to the lack of understanding of how mental illnesses actually worked) and ended up killing most people right? Not to mention those who survived ended up killing themselves later. Idk, maybe it’s just me who gets uncomfortable about the subject, but coming off as unessesarily edgy.

Anyways, NL handled multiplayer better and I have no idea what made them think "oh lets change it to be more excessive". I feel like if it wasn't for the long cut scenes, it wouldn't feel exhausting trying to host a lot of people on an island.

Last edited:
Back