• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

The ACNH Rant Thread

Not gonna lie, I really enjoyed the Bunny day song. Sounds good and I can't remember hearing it from a previous game so I didn't have that issue.

It's possible you missed Bunny Day in New Leaf. Here's the song:

Aside from reusing the same song, the event was the exact same as New Leaf too. The only difference is we had to craft our event items rather than having him do it for us after collecting the eggs.

I'lll admit, kind of a bad move to have the same song playing for 24 hours, even if I did find it enjoyable. A bit nitpicky but it would be cool if you had the option to turn it back to the default AM/PM's song (or go further and have the option to list to KK songs as you move around your island.)

An option to mute BGM would be appreciated, or even have a portable radio that your player can take with them to listen to K.K. music as you mentioned.

Where are the rococo items? Where the frack are the rococo items? How am I supposed to make a castle if I have NO castle shape (why???????????), and NO rococo furniture to decorate it with? The golden seat is AWFUL for a throne! We can't even put a cushion in it, which, fair, but there should be something at least when customizing! My behind is going to become square from sitting in that cold square throne all day! I got all the antique furniture, and boy, is it a poor substitute for the rococo furniture! Everyone loved it, everyone wanted it, so why did they take it off the game? Why did they take every single piece of furniture ever off the game? Where are my suits of armor? Where! Are! The! Mannequins! If ACNL had better graphics, a terraforming option, more hairstyles, and transparent designs, BOOM! We have a game a thousand times better than ACNH!

Also, why is it that half the features from HHD just... disappeared? What about the giant furniture in ACNL that occupied a whole room and was completely useless because we couldn't put it outside? Where is it now that we can do that?

And don't get me started on the designs. If you're going to charge us for the privilege of scanning QR codes like we did for free before, at least give me big enough storage! Sure, I can delete it and download it again if I keep paying, but what about the paths and path linings and everything that has like, 12 different tiles that must be saved at all times? I'm not complaining about the creators, I'm complaining about the game's lack of foresight even though we already had this issue in ACNL! And oh, please explain to me why I'm paying for an online subscription whose half the features are related to the phone app... Which I can't freaking run because my phone was jailbroken once upon a time? And even if it were jailbroken right this instant, what do they think I'm going to hack? QR codes? A keyboard? It's all validated server-side! I tried using my mom's phone for like, one hour, but her camera is awful and can't read the complex QRs AC uses. But do we have the option to load an image? Noooo!

Can we craft multiple fish bait at once? Nooo! Can we skip dialog that's always the same every single time? Noooo! Can we get a streamlined way to travel to someone's island by dodo without mashing b mashing b mashing b? Noooo! The dodos won't shut up! Saharah won't shut up! How about, when there's another player involved, repetitive dialog gets skipped? Nooooo! Can we make paths blend with each other? Nooo! Can we make paths blend with staircases? Nooo! Can we make paths blend with the town square? Noooo! Can we at least make paths go beneath houses? Noooo! Then what are paths for?

I won't even talk about the bunny day event. I won't say a word. Everyone in this website knows.

I seriously feel like ACNH is barebones on purpose so they can sell DLC giving us everything they purposefuly witheld from the launch game. Even though they're already charging for the online play. And the game wasn't exactly cheap. Nor was the console itself. But they just have to follow in EA's footsteps. I know this is all conjecture and believe me, no one would be happier than me if I were proved wrong.

Not really a rant but something I miss: the cliffs are soooooo short in this game, I miss the taller ones from past games. The GC cliffs were huge and the CF/NL cliffs were still pretty big. Our characters are almost as tall as the cliffs now; even with the taller characters in NL the cliffs at the beach were still taller than us.

The loading screens, good lord.

Could they be any longer?!

thumbnail

I hope people get the reference

Last edited:
I also don't like that I am forced to choose the location of each new house and building. It is fine for people who want complete control over their island, but it sucks for people like me who don't want to worry about meticulously planning every detail of their island.

You could close your eyes and point to a random spot on the screen. I'm not sure what's "worrying" over being able to pick a placement. What's worrying is in past games, the game would spawn rocks in places you wanted your cafe, or placed Retail and/or Town Hall is absurd locations.

here’s my little rant for the day
IM SO TIRED OF RUNNING INTO LITERALLY THE SAME VILLAGERS IN MYSTERY ISLAND TOURS.
i ran into Walt THREE TIMES in 25-40 trips >_<

here’s my little rant for the day
IM SO TIRED OF RUNNING INTO LITERALLY THE SAME VILLAGERS IN MYSTERY ISLAND TOURS.
i ran into Walt THREE TIMES in 25-40 trips >_<

Maybe you're destined to have him :p

why is the final nook’s cranny upgrade so small?? why isn’t there a color option when you buy houseware like the fitting room at able’s?

Apparently you can’t sell any bugs to Flick if he’s on another player’s island....what would have been great to know if I wasn’t carrying a full inventory of tarantulas >~<
Post automatically merged:

The egg wand looks like something else.
I thought I was the only one who noticed this............

Last edited:
Why can't we order things from the catalog when there's another player on the island? Why can't we ask for a camper to move in if the gate is open? How come we aren't protected from wasps but we are protected from the eeeeevil caaaaamper who we've been trying to move into our island? Why can't we change outfits when there's someone on the island? What difference does it make? Why can't we send letters to animals inside our island while the airport is open? Why can't Saharah and Celeste stay in one! Damn! Spot! And why, why, why did they remove the lockers? Did they not want us to use other players' islands for the stalk market?

I'm afraid to ask. :D
Do you have the game? I don't think your hot spot and data caps could handle all these patches.
Post automatically merged:

It's possible you missed Bunny Day in New Leaf. Here's the song:

Aside from reusing the same song, the event was the exact same as New Leaf too. The only difference is we had to craft our event items rather than having him do it for us after collecting the eggs.

An option to mute BGM would be appreciated, or even have a portable radio that your player can take with them to listen to K.K. music as you mentioned.
No tv.

I just bought the ironwood bed DIY thinking I could finally upgrade from my basic wooden bed, but the customization options all clash horribly with my room!

I have a yellow/red/cream warm-toned bedtoom, but the only sheet color is grey, and and pillow color options for the bed are grey, green, blue, and other cool colors. Ugh. Why can't they let us also select our pillow/sheet colors? Or provide a wider variety of color schemes? It seems strange not to even have a set that's plain white.

I can’t seem to make up my mind on who I want to live on my island. I only plan on having 8 plots so I can only have 1 villager per personality per species. THE ONE PERSONALITY i can’t seem to decide on is normal... OMG I have so many I love from that personality. First Coco, I love love her she was my normal random move in in the beginnning and called me lollipop. I even bought an amiibo of her just in case cus she asked to move and I wanted to invite her back to my town. She just moved out thus making an open spot but I couldn’t invite her immediately since I had to craft 3 stuff for her first. AND THEN I saw Skye, I had her in NL and I loved her design with her cloud head it’s absolutely adorable! I just got her from an island tour. I do not have an amiibo of her hence why I am thinking of keeping her. I just feel so so bad for Coco as if i’m betraying her ;-; but I also know I can just have other villager’s move out and invite her, even if it means having 2 normal personalities and missing one.

Due to the lack of a proper cactus item, I was forced to place potted yucca trees in my desert region. It looks stupid to put potted plants instead of real plants in the outdoors, but there is no other choice. Unless if I could move some palm trees around, that is.

Apparently you can get around this by planting the palm tree on the sand path from terraforming.

why is the final nook’s cranny upgrade so small?? why isn’t there a color option when you buy houseware like the fitting room at able’s?
The final upgrade hasn't been revealed yet, so you couldn't possibly know it's small. You may be referring to the first upgrade. It's small because it isn't the final. 🤷‍♂️

Why can't we change outfits when there's someone on the island? What difference does it make?

I had my brother visiting my island one day and I swear I changed outfits using the wardrobe when he was over. The same with my friend.

I had my brother visiting my island one day and I swear I changed outfits using the wardrobe when he was over. The same with my friend.

I agree. I am able too IIRC. They may be referring to changing their outfits in another player's town.

Back