• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

The ACNH Rant Thread

Urgh I’m sorry that happened to you. I’ve had similar from a lot of people new to the series ironically. When I mentioned that I missed classic characters and explained why and why I find this game lacking in comparison to the older games I got a ton of comments like “You just don’t want to adapt, players from the previous games never want to accept new”

One of them argued blind with me that the missing furniture is okay even though she hasn’t saw the furniture settings I’m talking about that i miss!

As my friend said in defense of ACNH: "They are always add and remove something, if you have problems, just don't play"

He played GC AC, and understand what animal personality was, he played ACNL and he understands what content and good multiplayer activities was, but still blindly defends ACNH...

My theory still in place: People play ACNH not for simulation experience, but for cute lobotomized diorama for twitter posting with fancy text chat in it.

Also nintendo them selves apparently from the beggining tried to make diorama from ACNH and force people to play online by some stupid decisions and lobotomized animals.

I have big doubts Nintendo will fix anything of this, even in next game.

I wish there was more you could do with friends visiting your island. When they're over, you can't really do much except drop certain items to trade for, and mess around with the dialogue box and poster board.
They should add mini-games or fun activities you can perform with friends when they're over. I could easily think of a few things like hide n' seek, tag, a costume contest party, fishing competitions, bidding on stuff, etc. They really made it seem like there's a lot do to with your buds in the trailer and that doesn't really seem to be the case.

This may have been mentioned, but having to pay 10,000 bells to get a new neighbor is just... why?

I get that you get miles, but... why pay the fee in the first place?
That's a bargain. Tom Nook doesn't know how much NMT are worth here. 10,000 bells for 1000 NM = 20,000 IGB for 1 NMT which is basically stealing.

Here's another math problem. Zipper T. Bunny will trade 1 water egg for 3 of any other kind of egg. I have 30 sky eggs from all of the balloons that have been terrorizing my island for the last 12 days. How many water eggs can I get for those 30 sky eggs?

The answer is that stupid bunny can't figure it out and makes me do one trade at a time which is extremely annoying especially when I accidentally select the "I have eggs" option. No wonder he can't get a better job than being a mascot.

That's a bargain. Tom Nook doesn't know how much NMT are worth here. 10,000 bells for 1000 NM = 20,000 IGB for 1 NMT which is basically stealing.

Here's another math problem. Zipper T. Bunny will trade 1 water egg for 3 of any other kind of egg. I have 30 sky eggs from all of the balloons that have been terrorizing my island for the last 12 days. How many water eggs can I get for those 30 sky eggs?

The answer is that stupid bunny can't figure it out and makes me do one trade at a time which is extremely annoying especially when I accidentally select the "I have eggs" option. No wonder he can't get a better job than being a mascot.

I thought you said meth problem for a second.

Today managed to sour my view on Bunny Day further. I had to hold off on going on island tours to replenish material resources because the wood and stone eggs were eating up all the regular wood and stones I would have gotten. I had to put up with the sudden spike in difficulty with the fishing tasks and having to hold off on mystery islands for twelve days for a very, very lackluster pay-off. After I crafted everything before that day, all I got out of it was the DIYs for the arch, the zipper toy, and the wand. And the only thing you get for giving Zipper one of each egg is the basket, there's nothing else.

Why is Nook Shopping permanently relegated to 5 orders a day? This is a me issue because I'm incredibly forgetful, but I always buy whatever things I think I'm missing then forget to order what I actually opened it up to buy. When you get the app, the limit should double or something ;-;

I know, but why pay the fee at all, and just get the miles? It’s not like you’re buying the plot.

- The fact that some furniture is 1.5 by 1.5 bothers me and is annoying to place.
- Having the catalog limit to 5 orders a day is annoying. I just need to order more garden lamps uggggggh
- There's too much emphasis on online trading in this game and it's annoying as someone that doesn't have many friends that play video games to begin with.

1. The fitting room. Gimme strength, lord!
2. I am TIRED--DO YOU HEAR WHAT I SAY?? TIRED---of going to mysterious islands only to find my oranges and pansies/hyacinths on EVERY.SINGLE.ONE.. I NEED ROSES AND OTHER FLOWERS...also some cherries and peaches would be nice too! (I'm lucky enough to have a friend who has apples give me a bunch.)

My biggest disappointments have been lack of buildings/NPCs and poor villager dialogue. In NL we had the dream suite, club LOL, fortune teller, Kicks...now only three buildings on the island? I was hoping these aspects of the game would be expanded in this one, not cut down even further.

ooo one more thing that i've found as a minor annoyance - LABELLE'S TAILOR TICKETS. why are they only 3,000 and below? why don't they work as a kind of coupon where you just pay the difference? why can't we use them on labelle items? so many questions for miss label

On top of mediocre villager dialogue in general, I can't stand how they won't shut up about whatever the current event happening is and refuse to talk about anything else. It actually makes me want to play *less* on event days because all the animals become even more robotic and will just be all "Did you know the Fishing Tourney is happening??", "Did you know it's Bunny Day??"

i hate that when villager moves out, the next day you will have a random move in if you don't adopt anyone from mystery tours/another island

also if you build the 10th plot, there's no way to remove it, so you'll be stuck with 10 villagers forever
i personally liked being able to only have 8-9 villagers without someone moving to your town in NL
that seems like a downgrade to me

i'm still really bitter about shooting down about 50-75 normal balloons (not bunny day balloons) and the only cherry blossom recipe i got was the wand (and the one isabelle gives you during announcement). literally one recipe for 10 days. i even did the trick where you go into the building and try to purchase something to spawn the balloons. i just kept getting clay and bells and random furniture. it was sooo disheartening to me i couldn't even look at reddit or the forums until the event was over because all i saw were everyone's crafted cherry blossom items. this is not the first time i've had issue with the rng in the game, but it's by far the worst time.
I feel your pain! I played every day except one and I only got four recipes, one of which was the picnic basket from Isabelle. I'm super bummed cause I like cherry blossom items way more than the Bunny Day furniture. Yet all I could find were rainbow balloons the majority of the time. So frustrating!

i hate that i'm stuck with a native flower that i don't like because i didn't know such thing existed at first.

i hate that i always get the ugliest colors for furniture. my nook mile's furniture are always blue/black/grey/yellow and i wanted some cute light/pastel colors im so mad

and even normal furniture comes in ugly colors! i wanted the blue elephant slide but my island only has a grey dull looking. AND YOU CAN'T CUSTOMIZE THEM! WHY!

and i can't even trade in forums because my internet sucks. i wish i could get the cute colors on my own but it's impossible.

IT'S SO ANNOYING! SORRY I'M MAD

Back