• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

TBT’s Fourth Egg Decorating Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saurons Ei (Eye)

View attachment 551722

I am super proud of the outcome! It was more like a joke at first but I am super happy with it!

Materials
  • Tons of cardboard
  • Hot glue
  • Tin foil
  • Thread
  • Black spray paint
  • Acryl colors
  • Egg
  • Clay

Extra picture with fillter
I know now fillters are allowed - that's why it's just a cool bonus picture :(

View attachment 551723

View attachment 551728
It's a bit creepy from above!

Progress pictures

View attachment 551724
That's how it started. Just a cardboard roll with cardboard pieces. You can already see my mess haha

View attachment 551725
I created mountains with tin foil and made little towers out of cardboard. The paper around the towers are cardboard pieces that I halfed. Was super annoying to do.

View attachment 551726

Final base build! Added a lot of details to the tower itself. They are made out of white cardboard but a really thin one.

View attachment 551727

Spraying the build! (not me spraying the floor black!)

View attachment 551729
I made a clay ruby as well but honestly she turned out like she saw some really bad stuff on her way to mordor!
View attachment 551730

this is so incredibly cool OMG it gave me post apocalyptic cyberpunk vibes and the way you photographed it is so amazing too! its looks like something straight out of a movie!

Saurons Ei (Eye)

View attachment 551722

I am super proud of the outcome! It was more like a joke at first but I am super happy with it!

Materials
  • Tons of cardboard
  • Hot glue
  • Tin foil
  • Thread
  • Black spray paint
  • Acryl colors
  • Egg
  • Clay

Extra picture with fillter
I know now fillters are allowed - that's why it's just a cool bonus picture :(

View attachment 551723

View attachment 551728
It's a bit creepy from above!

Progress pictures

View attachment 551724
That's how it started. Just a cardboard roll with cardboard pieces. You can already see my mess haha

View attachment 551725
I created mountains with tin foil and made little towers out of cardboard. The paper around the towers are cardboard pieces that I halfed. Was super annoying to do.

View attachment 551726

Final base build! Added a lot of details to the tower itself. They are made out of white cardboard but a really thin one.

View attachment 551727

Spraying the build! (not me spraying the floor black!)

View attachment 551729
I made a clay ruby as well but honestly she turned out like she saw some really bad stuff on her way to mordor!
View attachment 551730

Is it bad that I’m more impressed with the tower structure than the egg itself? Because that takes a ton of talent and patience.

The egg is cool too.

I tried to make a space/galaxy themed egg😄 it's a plastic craft egg painted with acrylics.
1000010006.jpg

tQ4Nzty.jpg

Welcome to Ruby's new house :3

My little egg is quite personal and sentimental this year, as it's modeled after a drawing I made for my grandmother when I was little. Easter is a really special time for me because it's connected to a lot of childhood memories. When I was little, my grandmother and I painted Easter eggs together every year. We spent hours decorating them, putting up Easter decorations and drawing together. All I know about art I learned from her. I recently found this drawing I made for Easter for my granny long ago, folded up in a drawer in her old desk. It made me feel really melancholic, because I especially miss her around this time of year. I'm happy I found the drawing again and now I have a little trinket that can sit on my desk and remind me of her.

0WPy0Xr.jpg

flower_pink.gif

materials used
plastic egg
polymer clay
toothpicks
colourful paper
felt fabric
cork
a piece of paperclip for the balloon
acrylic paints
fairly lights inside the egg
copious amounts of superglue and hot glue
S6xBsf7.jpg

G284we7.jpg

process:
0Yo6ap6.jpg
HuPUnvH.jpg
xZrtxiD.jpg

I used a Dremel and tiiiiny drill bit to carve out the windows and doors, then added the window frames made out of toothpicks. The small roofs on top of the windows are out of polymer clay

The tree trunk, egg holder base, Ruby and Ketchup are made out of Polymer clay as well, which I hardened in the oven and then painted accordingly

All the details on the house were painted on with acrylic paints

Then I got too carried away in the flow and forgot to take any more progress pictures :'D But it's self explanatory. I cut out triangles out of the felt fabric for the bunting, some wobbly shapes for the tree top and used more toothpicks for the little fence in the front. This is where I would have liked to use sticks and dried blossoms but oh well.

tQ4Nzty.jpg

Welcome to Ruby's new house :3

My little egg is quite personal and sentimental this year, as it's modeled after a drawing I made for my grandmother when I was little. Easter is a really special time for me because it's connected to a lot of childhood memories. When I was little, my grandmother and I painted Easter eggs together every year. We spent hours decorating them, putting up Easter decorations and drawing together. All I know about art I learned from her. I recently found this drawing I made for Easter for my granny long ago, folded up in a drawer in her old desk. It made me feel really melancholic, because I especially miss her around this time of year. I'm happy I found the drawing again and now I have a little trinket that can sit on my desk and remind me of her.

0WPy0Xr.jpg

View attachment 551781
materials used
plastic egg
polymer clay
toothpicks
colourful paper
felt fabric
cork
a piece of paperclip for the balloon
acrylic paints
fairly lights inside the egg
copious amounts of superglue and hot glue
S6xBsf7.jpg

G284we7.jpg

process:
0Yo6ap6.jpg
HuPUnvH.jpg
xZrtxiD.jpg

I used a Dremel and tiiiiny drill bit to carve out the windows and doors, then added the window frames made out of toothpicks. The small roofs on top of the windows are out of polymer clay

The tree trunk, egg holder base, Ruby and Ketchup are made out of Polymer clay as well, which I hardened in the oven and then painted accordingly

All the details on the house were painted on with acrylic paints

Then I got too carried away in the flow and forgot to take any more progress pictures :'D But it's self explanatory. I cut out triangles out of the felt fabric for the bunting, some wobbly shapes for the tree top and used more toothpicks for the little fence in the front. This is where I would have liked to use sticks and dried blossoms but oh well.
IM SORRY WHAT

Went through the thread again! As always, if your entry is not accepted or replied to yet then I probably missed it, please do let me know.

When it's put that way, the restrictions make a lot more sense. Even though 'decorating' is the traditional term for egg painting, the use of that word does make it sound pretty open-ended, so it also makes sense for people to feel like their creativity is being stifled. Maybe two judging categories (painting and decorating) would be a way to make it fair for the future.

Anyways, I need to get to actually decorating mine!
I was skeptical to the idea of multiple categories at first, but looking at the entries as they're rolling in I'm becoming more and more convinced this can be worth a try in the future!

Here is my attempt at making a chocolate chip cookie egg! :)
IMG_4598.jpg
I'm a big fan of chocolate chip cookies but I'm afraid I can't possibly justify those as being craft materials, unfortunately. You're welcome to submit a new entry in a new post.

10733005_1.jpg

Are ceramic eggs fine? They are chicken egg size
They're not self made and intended for craft purposes, so these would be fine!

I tried to make.......... a Shrunk egg!
But. I have a question.
If the egg is cracked, does this entry not count?
View attachment 551263
Looks like he's cracked his last joke 🫡 This won't be a problem at all, I just couldn't resist

i may have to consider tapping out of staff noms because shortlisting is going to be impossible omg
Don't you dare. The shortlist suffering is not optional.

Omg these entries this year are crazy good!!! Sure wish we could vote for two or three when it comes down to it. It would be so super hard to choose just one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back