• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Newbie Game VII: The Daily Tragedy - Town win

How many people they can kill nightly.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is Mafia, not the stand-up club down the street. If someone is asking a genuine question, especially an RQS, it's not the healthiest to make jokes.

Can they raise killing power?

I also highly recommend reading through the last New player mafia games if you have time so you can kinda see what to expect.

Steven Universe Mafia
Daycare Mafia

and I was even in Daycare mafia, if you want something to make you feel better about being new to mafia! I was a mess lol
With that being said, as much as a No Lynch Day 1 seems like a good choice, we shouldn't do it... that was a hot topic day 1 of Daycare Mafia. So we need to organize ourselves before end of day, just to keep in mind so as to not let time dwindle down and we all freak out 20 minutes before its over. Be thoughtful, go with your gut, and voice your opinions when you have them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

kill power for mafia is almost always # of people in mafia Divided by two and rounded up. Since there is two mafia in this open set up they can kill one person at night

- - - Post Merge - - -

I say almost always because there can be some weird stuff.... but for this game its the thing I just provided above

Saw one or two players viewing the thread (other than me and Arstotzkin/Sarasakat) viewing the thread without posting. Shy? Busy?

Shy I guess, I tend to always wait until the RQS is posted, I don't have much to say before

1. What's your gender? Do you have a nickname you'd like for us to call you? I'm male and no, people know me by Fleshy so Fleshy is fine!
2. How active do you think you'll be this game? What?s your timezone? Pretty active I think, and GMT (game started at 3am)
3. If you have played before, what?s your playstyle? I'm honestly still not sure what my playstyle is
4. What alignment do you think you would prefer to play - mafia or town? Why? Probably mafia, I was SK in the last game I played and that was pretty interesting, or town power role idk
5. If you had to guess, would you say the person who posted above you is mafia or town? Why? I'd guess town, I mean there's really nothing to go by so it's a little hard but nothing seems off
6. YOU HYPED? ofc!

This may be trivial, but is it possible for you, Menchies, to give us a reason for your "joking" in the RQS, as long as what you initially meant for it?

1. What's your gender? Do you have a nickname you'd like for us to call you? female, no
2. How active do you think you'll be this game? What?s your timezone? active enough, PST
3. If you have played before, what?s your playstyle? my play style varies a lot now, i try to mix up my meta to not be killed (((((not that it works)))))
4. What alignment do you think you would prefer to play - mafia or town? Why? ive only been scum in a real game once so id prefer more maf exp
5. If you had to guess, would you say the person who posted above you is mafia or town? Why? (sparro) mafia definitely cuz he's doing the thing where scum jumps on someone over something trivial
6. YOU HYPED? sure ya

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is Mafia, not the stand-up club down the street. If someone is asking a genuine question, especially an RQS, it's not the healthiest to make jokes.

making jokes is fine, this is a game, have fun, don't scrutinize someone over not knowing how to answer a pretty redundant question

- - - Post Merge - - -

it can't be raised, and is calculated by how many maf members there are divided in half (rounding up)

so when they are lynched, KP can drop

1. What's your gender? Do you have a nickname you'd like for us to call you? I'm a female. Call me El :)
2. How active do you think you'll be this game? What’s your timezone? Fairly active. My timezone is GMT+1
3. If you have played before, what’s your playstyle? I have played once, but I'm not 100% sure what I'll do in this game or how I'll play.
4. What alignment do you think you would prefer to play - mafia or town? Why? Last game I was scummy and that was fun, but getting the all round experience as town is what I'd like.
5. If you had to guess, would you say the person who posted above you is mafia or town? Why? (Entropy) I'd say town, as nothing raises alarm bells.
6. YOU HYPED? YUP

@Menchie Basically what Toads said - KP won't rise in this game. Since there's only two mafians in this game, it starts as 1 KP, and mafia can't gain any members, so the only way they've got is down.

Kinda have to agree with entropy here - Sparro, you seem to be taking this whole RQS thing out of proportion. How do you associate Menchie joking in her RQS with her being scum?

1. What's your gender? Do you have a nickname you'd like for us to call you?

I'm female, and Night or Lani is fine

2. How active do you think you'll be this game? What?s your timezone?

Fairly active, I'm GMT

3. If you have played before, what?s your playstyle?
Umm not sure tbh

4. What alignment do you think you would prefer to play - mafia or town? Why?
Mafia, because I'm town e v e r y t i m e

5. If you had to guess, would you say the person who posted above you is mafia or town? Why?
Town because there's only 2 mafia players

6. YOU HYPED?
Yeah...?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oops I messed up the layout oh well

Well so far I'm already seeing Menchie as town-lean for questioning Kill Power (could just go ask their scum partner if they were)
I also actually am seeing sparro as town too... I don't see it as trying to get a lynch this early, because that would be insane. Most new mafia players as scum will stick to the shadows because they don't know what to do or say lets be real.
I see it as overactive trying to be helpful town...

not counting anyone in or out though, just my initial thoughts on everything.

Kinda have to agree with entropy here - Sparro, you seem to be taking this whole RQS thing out of proportion. How do you associate Menchie joking in her RQS with her being scum?

I suppose; overreaction on my end. I got a lot of crap on my last game for a "suspicious" RQS which is probably what has me on edge.

im down to let sparro slide if we PL toads or lynch fleshy

im down to let sparro slide if we PL toads or lynch fleshy

lynch me or fleshy? why so strongly on us?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't know what PL means

- - - Post Merge - - -

Policy lynch? what did I do?

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh kay... I figured it out. Don't be like that

Yeah, Policy lynch. For anyone who doesn't know, policy lynching is lynching someone not necessarily because of them being scummy, but because they'd provide some form of hiderence to the game in some other way, like being distracting for town overall.

The pros of policy lynch are that you get rid of people who could inadvertently help mafia, regardless of allignment, due to how they act. It makes the chat mush easier to focus on.

The cons of policy lynching are that you're not lynching someone b/c of their allignment, so you could easily lynch town, which is bad news.

I personally am against policy lynching. Disruptive people can help find scum due to peoples' reactions imo, and keeping out people that are disruptive beyond reason is what WOTC is for.

Entropy, if you want to policy someone, why Toads? I get last game happened, but if anyone, I'd think Nightmares would have come to mind first, if you were gonna policy at all. And why Fleshy?

Hmmm. I didn't read anything into Sparro's posts except an interest in trying to better understand Menchie, especially as nothing much else was happening at the time. I agree with Toads, I see Sparro and Menchie as both Town, with Sparro trying to get discussion going to move the game along.

@entropy - I'm sorry I don't quite follow what you mean in post #92 - is "PL" a policy lynch like Toads mentioned? Can you explain how that would be good for town if so? And any reason for a Fleshy lynch aside from them not posting when Sparro noticed them earlier?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oops, ninja'd, should have refreshed the page before posting!

- - - Post Merge - - -

EBWOP: I see Sparro and Menchie as both Pro-Town..

What does ninja'd mean?

Someone posting before you, usually correlating to the same topic or idea.

Also you're free to ask me questions through this thread or PM, i'll always be online to help.

Last edited:
Back