Mafia TBT Mafia X: The Honnō-ji Incident [Game Over/Town Win]

I'm not voting for Cory and I would advise others not to do so as well. Cory pretty much gave up his role in Bioshock.
Okay, the day had like an hour to go and I was ****ed anyway because I had a counter claim.

I would like to ask every candidate this.

Let's say a person has some evidence up against them and people are beginning to vote for them. However, another player is in that bunch who you suspect, but has absolutely no evidence against them. . It's likely you just saying your suspicions will not lead to a lynch. Would you:

A) Call them out and tear their posts apart?

B) Get people on your side before calling them out (via PM)?

C) Wait until the next day to see if you can use the lynch against them as evidence?

I don't necessarily agree with your plan here. It's not confirmed that the bodyguard will claim, and also a mafia or cult leader could easily role claim as the bodyguard and retrieve all of the blue roles. That being said, it's quite redundant for the bodyguard to claim to the mayor in the first place considering they're going to be outed anyway. This will also cause a death for the bodyguard and leave the mayor vulnerable. Also, after the bodyguard receives all the claims, where is that list of claims going to go? The mayor can never be trusted, and it's clear the if the bodyguard it outed, he's going to die. There are way too many flaws with this plan for it to work.

Obviously if the mafia/cult wants to affect the game, they will claim bodyguard. However, I always see mafia/cult team as timid and scared and they most often will never do this. However, since this is a threat, this is why I say roleclaim to the mayor first. If there are conflicting BG claims, the mayor outs them all. Then say there are 2 BG claims. The mayor lynches one randomly. If it ends up that player is not scum, ALL vigs shoot the second claim. It's a guaranteed scum-kill but at the loss of the bodyguard, yes, but in all other games, Town can win without a mayor role.

The Bodyguard will be the only one with the roleclaim list. I trust all players can be trusted with this and can handle the responsibility. Obviously they will know the doctors at that point, and I think it would be obvious they can tell the doctors to protect themselves. They can even guide the Doctors in such a way to have them alternate protections every other day.

I would like to ask every candidate this.

Let's say a person has some evidence up against them and people are beginning to vote for them. However, another player is in that bunch who you suspect, but has absolutely no evidence against them. . It's likely you just saying your suspicions will not lead to a lynch. Would you:

A) Call them out and tear their posts apart?

B) Get people on your side before calling them out (via PM)?

C) Wait until the next day to see if you can use the lynch against them as evidence?

Obviously if I was suspicious of them I already would have went through all their posting and behavior; therefore, evidence would have to be there. You can't really predict what you would do here considering there are so many situation-based scenarios that could go on here. I usually out my suspicious shortly after I receive them with or without any good evidence anyway by the means of calling them out. Your question sucks.

Okay, the day had like an hour to go and I was ****ed anyway because I had a counter claim.

That doesn't really matter, to be honest. You still cracked. Hell, the last mafia member didn't crack under pressure, they just kept with it until she was killed.

Vote me for mayor. I have a beard. Do the other candidates have beards? Nope. Bunch of beardless babbies.

All the cool kids have beards.

#VOTE4pedro

You can't really predict what you would do here considering there are so many situation-based scenarios that could go on here.

It's not confirmed that the bodyguard will claim, and also a mafia or cult leader could easily role claim as the bodyguard and retrieve all of the blue roles. This will also cause a death for the bodyguard and leave the mayor vulnerable.

Then don't hound me with what if's either if they annoy you as well.

Obviously if the mafia/cult wants to affect the game, they will claim bodyguard. However, I always see mafia/cult team as timid and scared and they most often will never do this. However, since this is a threat, this is why I say roleclaim to the mayor first. If there are conflicting BG claims, the mayor outs them all. Then say there are 2 BG claims. The mayor lynches one randomly. If it ends up that player is not scum, ALL vigs shoot the second claim. It's a guaranteed scum-kill but at the loss of the bodyguard, yes, but in all other games, Town can win without a mayor role.

The Bodyguard will be the only one with the roleclaim list. I trust all players can be trusted with this and can handle the responsibility. Obviously they will know the doctors at that point, and I think it would be obvious they can tell the doctors to protect themselves. They can even guide the Doctors in such a way to have them alternate protections every other day.

So essentially if the mafia claims bodyguard, we catch a scum but make your whole plan redundant and lose a kill-immune town member and another town player? This also creates a messy situation for vigilantes and the town in general by creating a huge scene that really doesn't need to happen. And again, if the bodyguard role claims in the thread, mafia could always put 2-3 KP on that player, making your alternating doctor plan worthless.
Therefore, this is a really dumb plan.

So essentially if the mafia claims bodyguard, we catch a scum but make your whole plan redundant and lose a kill-immune town member and another town player? This also creates a messy situation for vigilantes and the town in general by creating a huge scene that really doesn't need to happen. And again, if the bodyguard role claims in the thread, mafia could always put 2-3 KP on that player, making your alternating doctor plan worthless.
Therefore, this is a really dumb plan.

Always with the What If scenarios.

Vigs will have their shots refunded if they ocnflict with one another, so I really see no problem. We are all going for a common cause so no vig should feel upset if they aren't the one to get their shot back.

If mafia chooses to stack their KP, that saves several other players from death. However, that situation is revolving around the idea that a scum/cult will choose to roleclaim as the BG which I don't see happening.

Always with the What If scenarios.

Vigs will have their shots refunded if they ocnflict with one another, so I really see no problem. We are all going for a common cause so no vig should feel upset if they aren't the one to get their shot back.

If mafia chooses to stack their KP, that saves several other players from death. However, that situation is revolving around the idea that a scum/cult will choose to roleclaim as the BG which I don't see happening.

No, not really. If your plan were to go through how you propose it would, just the one bodyguard claim, during the night the mafia can just put 2 KP on him. And that's that. So now the mayor is vulnerable and the bodyguard is dead. It's not worth it in the least to even try.

Now, even if I am not elected, I have a plan for the Mayor/Bodyguard duo which I want input on:

There is only one bodyguard. That BG needs to tell the Mayor straight away who they are. The mayor then needs to out the BG to the entire thread and get ALL players to roleclaim to the BG as they will be confirmed. From there, the BG will sort through the roleclaims, figure out which ones have an oddly large amount of claims, and guide the Mayor in the right direction for the Day One Lynch.

At least, that's the simplified version.
Ok this plan has major flaws in it. It's good that you're trying, but you're relying on untying a mass exodus of day one roleclaims. There is too much to do, and guaranteed the bodyguard is going to die asap, followed shortly by the mayor. How do you even untie the claims? Do you target one of the three medics that claimed, and risk lynching a real one? This information dies with the bodyguard and mayor, because the alternative is leaking it to a bunch of unconfirmed players, giving mafia the entire townlist.

Ok this plan has major flaws in it. It's good that you're trying, but you're relying on untying a mass exodus of day one roleclaims. There is too much to do, and guaranteed the bodyguard is going to die asap, followed shortly by the mayor. How do you even untie the claims? Do you target one of the three medics that claimed, and risk lynching a real one? This information dies with the bodyguard and mayor, because the alternative is leaking it to a bunch of unconfirmed players, giving mafia the entire townlist.

Not to mention not every single role listed is in the game! Rather risky and stupid idea.

#timhonks5mayor

We, of course, would not be lynching any of the power roles Day One. We would choose between the townie claims unless it is apparent scum/cult is not hiding in townie claims.
The BG doesn't even have to give specific names, they can basically just say "Here is a list of players which seem to have conflicting claims" and decide from there.

I know the plan has flaws, and I was hoping we could all work together to tweak them out instead of completely trashing the idea. However, if it is too flawed to work, then that th eonly option would be to think of something new.

We, of course, would not be lynching any of the power roles Day One. We would choose between the townie claims unless it is apparent scum/cult is not hiding in townie claims.
The BG doesn't even have to give specific names, they can basically just say "Here is a list of players which seem to have conflicting claims" and decide from there.

I know the plan has flaws, and I was hoping we could all work together to tweak them out instead of completely trashing the idea. However, if it is too flawed to work, then that th eonly option would be to think of something new.

So basically you're still lynching into air, with the addition of the bodyguard is now wide open to take a bullet (or several) during the night.

[19:02] <Kisstoefur> Purpl
[19:02] <Kisstoefur> For first lynch

He's gonna lynch someone with no reasoning?

I'm assuming the Mayor can't be recruited, but can the bodyguard be?

- - - Post Merge - - -

[19:02] <Kisstoefur> Purpl
[19:02] <Kisstoefur> For first lynch

He's gonna lynch someone with no reasoning?
Can you stop taking offhanded IRC quotes and spamming the thread up with them? Get some real reads.

Hello everyone. I'm looking through the thread and I see some people have put a lot of effort into running for the position of Mayor - And although I'm sure we can all appreciate that there's been serious work going into it, it actually raises some red flags for me. Here is why:

Some of the people running for the position clearly had a speech and banners prepared before the game even started and their role was handed out. That means that they likely intended to run for the position no matter what role they got - Even if they are Scum, or a less important Town role like the Bushi. Since both the Cultists and the Mafia CAN be selected for Mayor, it's incredibly important that we do not make a hasty decision and bandwagon a candidate into getting this incredibly powerful title.

... Instead, vote for me. Or don't. Your choice! I'm not going to be trying too hard to convince anyone, because I have an honest heart.

So basically you're still lynching into air, with the addition of the bodyguard is now wide open to take a bullet (or several) during the night.

Yes, which is why there are doctors. But yeah, this will not guarantee the bodyguard's life, and I just realized the BG may be vulnerable to conversion by the Cult even with protection (waiting on confirmation by Tina), so even with Doctors, we may lose our BG to the cult.

Okay, so after rethinking it, I guess we can agree to scrap this plan.

Back