Mafia TBT Mafia IX: The Apocalypse [Game Over/Town Win]

YwIKbjT.jpg

Minties, the Nurse, has been killed.
Ashtot, the Nurse, has been killed.
Farobi, the Baker, has been killed.
SuperPenguin, the Baker, has been killed.
Karen, the Angel, sacrificed her life.
Oath2Order, Famine, painfully felt every soul escaping his body.

Damn it.

Great, two nurses, two bakers and one angel have been killed. Lets hope we still have an angel that is an active player somewhere, or we'll be struggling to survive let alone win.

This is a good case for just reading and remembering behaviour on previous games.

To the whole Oath case, he asked me what role I am, to which he then assumed that I was a blue and told Gallows about the whole situation. Since Oath died a Horseman, is it safe to assume that Gallows is a Horseman as well?

How do you know he told Gallows though? Did Oath let you know that he was going to tell Gallows? If you can find a way to prove that (unless I missed it in the pages back) we should be weary of Gallows being Horseman and possibly check him out.

So what I've been discussing with people off of the thread has been something I've been thinking about all day.

Pally roleclaimed to a few of us, and its been said she was having a group going with Oath and Sp, wiell.. Oath and SP both ended up dead, so what happened to Pally? Why was she safe? Another thing, I've had three people who I know of that claimed the same/similar role as Pally. And from what I heard down the grape vine, Pally was getting people to use their shots on the first night, or pulling the strings to get targets out of the way, so my questions are 1. Why was Pally safe but not SP and Oath, 2. Why get people to use their shots or direct kills with little to no evidence and 3. Is she really who she claimed to be which is something Trent is kinda working on now, with the whole prophet situation.

I was saved from being killed last night. So.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Which is a very good point, especially if Oath claimed to Pally.

Oath claimed nurse to me

I was saved from being killed last night. So.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oath claimed nurse to me

Noooope. There were already 6 deaths. 3 from mafia, 1 from horsemen, 1 from vig, 1 from unknown. No one would just target you like that so quickly. That doesn't make sense yooooooo

Nope, she claimed vig.

But two others also claimed vig and I'm more willing to trust those two rather than Pally, just because she was really fishing for details on roles when we were on mumble. And seemed to throw the term around loosely.

Throw the term loosely??? You and I both know the other vig VERY loosely roleclaimed to a LOT of people on Day 1 because they were...what was the word they used again (in front of you I might add) feeling "roleclaim generous".

I've becoming highly suspicious of you and the other claimed vig because 1) Why did a vig trust you so easily and roleclaim? The only people who knew I was a vig was you, and the other claimed vig before day two.
2) Jubs' came out claiming he had the same number of shots as the other vig. I highly doubt there'd be two with the same amount of shots.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Noooope. There were already 6 deaths. 3 from mafia, 1 from horsemen, 1 from vig, 1 from unknown. No one would just target you like that so quickly. That doesn't make sense yooooooo

Uhhh SP pmed me saying he & Karen was in contact with the doctor and told me they were going to save me. Turns out "doctor" was "angel" and "angel" was Karen. She died saving me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh also no.
2 deaths from two vigs, one from a Jack.

But why would they choose you specifically? Did you loosely roleclaim blue or something? I'm not aware of your role but I don't see why they would choose to protect you specifically, as you aren't known as much of a contribution to town.

Uhhh SP pmed me saying he & Karen was in contact with the doctor and told me they were going to save me. Turns out "doctor" was "angel" and "angel" was Karen. She died saving me.

That's wrong then. If you were targeted, Karen should still be alive. Yet Karen's the dead one. You just admit to knowing information about the "Doctors", it's plausible you let your team know who to hit. :) Or you at least told the wrong person information.

That's wrong then. If you were targeted, Karen should still be alive. Yet Karen's the dead one. You just admit to knowing information about the "Doctors", it's plausible you let your team know who to hit. :) Or you at least told the wrong person information.

If someone is targeted by Death, the Angel sacrifices themselves (Read OP).

r u dumb

Karen died because Death targeted whoever she was protecting, hence why it says she was sacrificed and not killed.

- - - Post Merge - - -

BlueLeaf beat me to it. :p

But why would they choose you specifically? Did you loosely roleclaim blue or something? I'm not aware of your role but I don't see why they would choose to protect you specifically, as you aren't known as much of a contribution to town.

well river already roleclaimed for me publicly (thanks)
Only two people were aware of my role. river and the other claimed vig

Now that Oath is dead I can tell you that I'm a Baker but unfortunately, I can't really prove I'm town aligned unless inspected twice in a row (in case I'm framed the night of the first inspection), all you have to go off of is my word. Another thing is in that game I could actually do something to help the town and that was to buy things for the town. The mafia only kept me alive because I was announcing what items did publicly to everyone. In this game, Oath is dead and now I'm not able to help besides pick apart what people have said. I'm not very good at picking peoples words apart which is one reason I'm not very good at contributing to either mafia game I played.
There is always the possibility there is more than one Famine player.

YwIKbjT.jpg

Minties, the Nurse, has been killed.
Ashtot, the Nurse, has been killed.
Farobi, the Baker, has been killed.
SuperPenguin, the Baker, has been killed.
Karen, the Angel, sacrificed her life.
Oath2Order, Famine, painfully felt every soul escaping his body.

Damn it.

Great, two nurses, two bakers and one angel have been killed. Lets hope we still have an angel that is an active player somewhere, or we'll be struggling to survive let alone win.

This is a good case for just reading and remembering behaviour on previous games.

To the whole Oath case, he asked me what role I am, to which he then assumed that I was a blue and told Gallows about the whole situation. Since Oath died a Horseman, is it safe to assume that Gallows is a Horseman as well?
I think we might be able to safely assume that Gallows is a Horseman. If oath were feeding information to Gallows, Gallows was either going out on a limb and trusting him, or they are a team.

Case Study: Prof Gallows aka FALSE PROPHET

Alright, I'm pretty sure I'm confident enough in this case to bring it forward. So I've been talking with Gallows outside the thread, not long after the game start we claimed to each other on Mumble. Figured why not, I'll believe Gallows for now, I've got no reason to not trust him otherwise. But then came night. Pally and Gallows were the most interested about it, but hey I think most of us are excited for what comes after night.

For the most part I was unaware of what was being planned by Pally supposedly, but I knew some actions were probably going to happen tonight. If Pally and Gallows helped orchestrate the rain of green deaths, then they could sway the action roles away from their team. I already found it increasingly suspicious when Pally told me she received a lot of claims from many players at the start of this game, including Prof Gallows.

But I think the most damning evidence is Gallows lying. He says he watched Superpenguin, but only Justin returned. After talking with the Prophet PurplPanda has been in contact with, everything cleared up and fell into place for me.

[4/26/2014 11:06:44 PM] Tactician Trent: Yo is Jubs a vig?
[4/26/2014 11:07:18 PM] Gallows: yeah
[4/26/2014 11:07:44 PM] Tactician Trent: Well then. Purpl outed him and Sway
[4/26/2014 11:08:01 PM] Gallows: outed him?
[4/26/2014 11:08:12 PM] Tactician Trent: Purpl is apparently talking with the watcher
[4/26/2014 11:08:26 PM] Gallows: I'm a watcher
[4/26/2014 11:09:23 PM] Tactician Trent: So are you talking with Purpl then?
[4/26/2014 11:09:31 PM] Gallows: no?
[4/26/2014 11:09:45 PM] Tactician Trent: http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...ypse-Day-Two&p=2875819&viewfull=1#post2875819
[4/26/2014 11:09:59 PM] Tactician Trent: Who'd you watch then?
[4/26/2014 11:10:10 PM] Gallows: sp
[4/26/2014 11:10:27 PM] Gallows: jubs killed him
[4/26/2014 11:10:31 PM] Gallows: only action
[4/26/2014 11:10:51 PM] Tactician Trent: Sway didn't show?
[4/26/2014 11:11:02 PM] Gallows: no?
[4/26/2014 11:11:07 PM] Gallows: No. It was only Jubs

ProfGallows isn't our ally, not one bit.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If a watcher watches a player they will be told a list of every person that has performed an action on that player during that night phase.

Bumping this back up.

Alright, I'm pretty sure I'm confident enough in this case to bring it forward. So I've been talking with Gallows outside the thread, not long after the game start we claimed to each other on Mumble. Figured why not, I'll believe Gallows for now, I've got no reason to not trust him otherwise. But then came night. Pally and Gallows were the most interested about it, but hey I think most of us are excited for what comes after night.

For the most part I was unaware of what was being planned by Pally supposedly, but I knew some actions were probably going to happen tonight. If Pally and Gallows helped orchestrate the rain of green deaths, then they could sway the action roles away from their team. I already found it increasingly suspicious when Pally told me she received a lot of claims from many players at the start of this game, including Prof Gallows.

But I think the most damning evidence is Gallows lying. He says he watched Superpenguin, but only Justin returned. After talking with the Prophet PurplPanda has been in contact with, everything cleared up and fell into place for me.

[4/26/2014 11:08:12 PM] Tactician Trent: Purpl is apparently talking with the watcher
[4/26/2014 11:09:45 PM] Tactician Trent: http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...ypse-Day-Two&p=2875819&viewfull=1#post2875819

- - - Post Merge - - -

Bumping this back up.

This adds up. I was reading up on AC Mafia last night. Most good Mafia players died night one.

Who was scum in that game, you ask?

- Pally
- Professor Gallows

Two people who we suspect this game.

Never realized you had this much evidence. Yeah, I think he is third party, as he was communicating with oath according to pally, and because he pretended to be a Watcher. But this means something else.

Jubs
Jubs was the "Vig" who killed Superpenguin, yes? If Gallows were the watcher and he knew that Jubs had killed SP, he must be a Watcher, right? WRONG. Because who else used an action on Superpenguin? Sway. Guess who didn't show up on Gallows' radar? Sway. Possible third-party team much?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Bumping this back up.

All of this is pretty compelling. The fact he lied about the actions used on SP, (because we know Justin and Sway used actions on him), is enough to earn my vote.

All of this is pretty compelling. The fact he lied about the actions used on SP, (because we know Justin and Sway used actions on him), is enough to earn my vote.

Also, the watcher that we know would have received notification that Gallows used an ability on him too. There's really no way out of this at this point, Gallows. Check mate.

Ok, putting this in a longer post.
Gallows knew Jubs used an action on Superpenguin. How? Gallows is supposed to be a Watcher, right? No. Because if he actually had watched Superpenguin, the following people would have come up:
My prophet
Sway
Jubs
And my prophet, who is a real prophet, did not see Gallows. What does this mean?
Gallows + oath + Jubs= THIRD PARTY TEAM

Ok, putting this in a longer post.
Gallows knew Jubs used an action on Superpenguin. How? Gallows is supposed to be a Watcher, right? No. Because if he actually had watched Superpenguin, the following people would have come up:
My prophet
Sway
Jubs
And my prophet, who is a real prophet, did not see Gallows. What does this mean?
Gallows + oath + Jubs= THIRD PARTY TEAM

can you pls shut up you aren't making any sense just let us take out Gallows and then we'll go from there

Back