• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Mafia TBT Mafia IX: The Apocalypse [Game Over/Town Win]

Here Comes Something From Nothing

Kaiaa​

I'm kind of speechless right now, how did so many people die? The good news is Famine is gone but at the loss of so many :( Does anyone know the people who were in contact with the deceased? We may need to be inspecting them soon...

Yeah that's basically the gist. Do you think it's a wise idea? I could also see it as a risk though if the detective tries to remain unknown and someone starts lying about "what the detective said" you know? If that happens though the detective could come out and say that they didn't say that stuff and the liar would be lynched. I basically answered my own question but I still think it might be best if the detective finds someone they can truly trust (after inspection) and that person relay messages or ideas the detective has.

After thinking about it I am starting to see that lynching SP is a risk. While it is common for people to call others out I just thought it was strange to do it right off the bat. SP is a strong player so it might be to our advantage to let him live unless more concrete evidence is put forth. Anyway, I will not be voting for SP tonight. Dolby sounds like a choice for many but my only thing is, if hes such a good blue sniper wouldn't he be a good red/yellow sniper? Both of them are starting to sound like risks to lynch now. However, if I read it right that Dolby is now playing down his ability to blue snipe, that's pretty strange considering the evidence Oath put up.

To be honest, I have to agree with the arguments against SP right now. Either SP is mafia and is really bad at hiding it or he's town, but I'm not sure we should really take the risk. The worst part of it is that he's such a distraction. I will hold off on voting for a little while longer to see some more defense but as it stands right now I think it would be safer to go for SP to get rid of distractions than to go for an inactive or a new player who we have yet to see play style from.

These are all quotes from Kaiaa in this game so far. Now, what does this mean? Well, if we look back at her previous games, her play style seems to be much more reserved and safe - she has been posting enough to not be looked at as inactive, but most of her posts are useless filler information and what looks like bad mafia acting. The sentences I've highlighted are prime examples of the kind of speech she is using this game that is different from previous games.

These are from game VII, where she was a townie.
I was PMed by Trundle, he told me to be careful of trusting people so quickly and that we should team up. I knew that he might be working with the Mafia and scoping me out, picking off an easy kill.

He claimed vet to me and taught me a few terms that I asked about (vet in particular since I didn't know what it was). He also claimed that two people confessed their rolls to him making me think that he could have said he was one of their rolls instead of telling me the truth. I didn't have any strong suspicions of anyone by nightfall besides of purpl and he was being lynched. Taking Trundles warning to heart, I pitfalled him.

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...imal-Crossing-Game-Over&p=2621358#post2621358

If anyone wants to transfer me 1 bell I will test the shovel and pitfall. If worst comes to worst and I die, at least we have a shovel and pitfall to distribute. By the way my roll is Cyrus, the only thing special about me is that I have 1 extra bell to start with.

In the quotes from the above game, Kaiaa had way more posts. Short posts mostly, and was very involved in helping the town in whatever way she could. Her behavior this game has none of the helpful tendencies and doesn't look like she is helping.
I really can't guarantee she is scum or a horseman, but you are all too lazy and it's the best I can do.

That's a nice case there. Tired of waiting for Panda tbh, would the "Prophet" talking with him kindly PM me? There's things that need confirming.

That's a nice case there. Tired of waiting for Panda tbh, would the "Prophet" talking with him kindly PM me? There's things that need confirming.
Wait what do you need? PM me with more details as to why you need the identity.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, sorry. Purpl ruined the opportunity. The deaths were pretty random, and I'm assuming it was just an attempt to get rid of good players and to try to frame me, as I usually work with Ashtot and Minties in the game. I'll try to pick out what I can, but this days lynch isn't going to be much unless someone else can help me out with some cases.

Kaiaa​

These are all quotes from Kaiaa in this game so far. Now, what does this mean? Well, if we look back at her previous games, her play style seems to be much more reserved and safe - she has been posting enough to not be looked at as inactive, but most of her posts are useless filler information and what looks like bad mafia acting. The sentences I've highlighted are prime examples of the kind of speech she is using this game that is different from previous games.

In the quotes from the above game, Kaiaa had way more posts. Short posts mostly, and was very involved in helping the town in whatever way she could. Her behavior this game has none of the helpful tendencies and doesn't look like she is helping.
I really can't guarantee she is scum or a horseman, but you are all too lazy and it's the best I can do.
Farobi also had suspicions on Kaiaa, and he ended up dead. A player who was in contact with him informed me of this.

Because we've got a liar. :) Plus I dunno, you felt pretty good about outing two possible blues (who could also be red/yellow), why not one more. >.> But fine, I'll PM you again.

Because we've got a liar. :) Plus I dunno, you felt pretty good about outing two possible blues (who could also be red/yellow), why not one more. >.> But fine, I'll PM you again.
Which is why I outed it. I'm assuming you're PMing me?

Is this Prophet OK with you leaking this much information? You say that this person (at first implying (s)he was a DT) could help us find Superpenguin's role, and now you say he's a Prophet? I don't see the need in lying about his role in the first place unless you weren't sure of him wanting you to say this much publicly.

And about you asking if Farobi claimed to Waffles:

ITookYourWaffles, did he roleclaim to you?

Can you explain why you asked this? You didn't even acknowledge that he answered, so why ask him if you're not going to end up using this information in the first place?

Is this Prophet OK with you leaking this much information? You say that this person (at first implying (s)he was a DT) could help us find Superpenguin's role, and now you say he's a Prophet? I don't see the need in lying about his role in the first place unless you weren't sure of him wanting you to say this much publicly.
I lied about the role as publicly saying that it was the Prophet would be stupid. The Framer could have not framed Superpenguin, and we wouldn't have known who it was. But, we aren't entirely sure whether or not the Framer did frame Superpenguin. Plus, there was the fact that I may have told oath that it wasn't the DT.

BellBringerGreen said:
Can you explain why you asked this? You didn't even acknowledge that he answered, so why ask him if you're not going to end up using this information in the first place?
I asked this before I went to church, and I'm being perfectly honest- I don't remember.

So what I've been discussing with people off of the thread has been something I've been thinking about all day.

Pally roleclaimed to a few of us, and its been said she was having a group going with Oath and Sp, wiell.. Oath and SP both ended up dead, so what happened to Pally? Why was she safe? Another thing, I've had three people who I know of that claimed the same/similar role as Pally. And from what I heard down the grape vine, Pally was getting people to use their shots on the first night, or pulling the strings to get targets out of the way, so my questions are 1. Why was Pally safe but not SP and Oath, 2. Why get people to use their shots or direct kills with little to no evidence and 3. Is she really who she claimed to be which is something Trent is kinda working on now, with the whole prophet situation.

So what I've been discussing with people off of the thread has been something I've been thinking about all day.

Pally roleclaimed to a few of us, and its been said she was having a group going with Oath and Sp, wiell.. Oath and SP both ended up dead, so what happened to Pally? Why was she safe? Another thing, I've had three people who I know of that claimed the same/similar role as Pally. And from what I heard down the grape vine, Pally was getting people to use their shots on the first night, or pulling the strings to get targets out of the way, so my questions are 1. Why was Pally safe but not SP and Oath, 2. Why get people to use their shots or direct kills with little to no evidence and 3. Is she really who she claimed to be which is something Trent is kinda working on now, with the whole prophet situation.
It's rather blatantly obvious why SP was killed. But oath2order could have 1. been killed by scum to eliminate strong players, or 2. been killed by pally. This brings up another point. This could have been a trio from three different teams, with oath being third party, Superpenguin being Town, and pally being scum. This would explain why oath was killed (pally killed him in an attempt to eliminate a strong player) and why pally is still alive out of that trio.

This is interesting ; the same thing happened before in Mini Mafia III, where Tina (scum) survived but ILoveYou died. From your wording, can I assume Pally claimed Prophet?

Nope, she claimed vig.

But two others also claimed vig and I'm more willing to trust those two rather than Pally, just because she was really fishing for details on roles when we were on mumble. And seemed to throw the term around loosely.

Pally makes a lot of sense, honestly. She completely flew under the radar in Tribal. Not to mention she was close to Oath that game because they both were cult.

When it comes down to it, it looks like our two lynch candidates for today are Pally and secondarily Kaiaa as a fallback. Does anyone want to bring up counter arguments? Or reasons why we shouldn't lynch them?

YwIKbjT.jpg

Minties, the Nurse, has been killed.
Ashtot, the Nurse, has been killed.
Farobi, the Baker, has been killed.
SuperPenguin, the Baker, has been killed.
Karen, the Angel, sacrificed her life.
Oath2Order, Famine, painfully felt every soul escaping his body.

Damn it.

Great, two nurses, two bakers and one angel have been killed. Lets hope we still have an angel that is an active player somewhere, or we'll be struggling to survive let alone win.

This is a good case for just reading and remembering behaviour on previous games.

To the whole Oath case, he asked me what role I am, to which he then assumed that I was a blue and told Gallows about the whole situation. Since Oath died a Horseman, is it safe to assume that Gallows is a Horseman as well?

Kaiaa​

Now that Oath is dead I can tell you that I'm a Baker but unfortunately, I can't really prove I'm town aligned unless inspected twice in a row (in case I'm framed the night of the first inspection), all you have to go off of is my word. Another thing is in that game I could actually do something to help the town and that was to buy things for the town. The mafia only kept me alive because I was announcing what items did publicly to everyone. In this game, Oath is dead and now I'm not able to help besides pick apart what people have said. I'm not very good at picking peoples words apart which is one reason I'm not very good at contributing to either mafia game I played.

Whoops.
*what role I am, to which I didn't tell him, which caused him to assume that I am a blue. He then told Gallows about the whole situation.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Kaiaa, you ninjaed me! D;

Back