• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia IX: The Apocalypse [Game Over/Town Win]

The thing with Dolby though is that he's helpful to whatever team he's on, so he could really be useful to Town if he's town or potentially dangerous if he's mafia or third party. I don't know if I want to take that risk, I actually haven't played a game with Dolby where he wasn't sick, inactive, or called out on like here so it's hard to judge his previous defense post.

Why MissNoodle Lunatic? I actually think she's easily manipulated and quick to slip up, as shown in cult mafia.

I don't recall him helping town much.

I'm sorry for having a non American timezones and trying to get good sleep. Ok?

Now, SP certainly seems disparate. Just throwing names out of the bag. He doesn't really have much evidence either, well, no one does, just past games.
Purpl seems to be doing well, and I think Dolby should be lynched. He was posting on the thread, with pointless, pathetic excuses, and now out of sight. Out of sight out of mind? No.

I say we lynch SP or we lynch an inactive. That's just my opinion.

I could get behind the no lynch if there's a majority for it. But as of right now, I feel as if lynching an inactive would be our best option.

No lynches are not beneficial, especially in a game of this size. We are better of trying to get someone that will mess up the game in the long run because that creates even more chaos for us.

Okay, I really think this game is going terribly so far, and It's really surprising considering the amount of experienced players in this game. So far, most of the talk has been either repetition, or people calling others out for completely normal/known behaviour. We really need to work together to figure out lynches, and I've already posted my opinions. I think we all need to smarten up if we want town to win, although seeing all the chaos so far leads me to believe that we probably have equally distributed skill levels in every party, which will make this game really tough.

Lol. Honestly, looking at your post behavior, you seem to be acting fairly off as well. Usually when you're town, you just end up mindlessly trolling with posts like "LOLOLOL" "GG TOWN" "LOL GUISE PLS". The fact that you're posting more than one sentence is a little strange to me as you've never really been seen as anything more than a troll that rides on Trundle's tails. I would definitely like to see more from you, because it's weird for you to be acting intelligent.

What was his roleclaim?

Why would you ask someone else to tell you someone's roleclaim in the thread? Thank god SP claimed to someone that wouldn't be dumb enough to post it in the thread publicly.

Really
Honestly
SP do u know how 2 read
I said
"Pally could have been PMing stronger players as a coverup."
I tried to dumb it down a little, do you understand it?

Lol how cute, Panda thinks he can call people dumb after he asked that question about famine and pestilence.

Honestly, I don't know about Pally. She completely flew under the radar in Tribal. But the thing is, she was quiet most of the time in Tribal unlike in this game where she's actually been posting a lot.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is the main reason I wanted to vote for him in the first place. It was completely out of line. Not to mention his reasoning behind putting you up for lynch(Because your posts "annoyed" him) seemed completely ignorant.

Pally isn't stupid. She knows that I pointed out her behavior in cult mafia, so if she was mafia in the next game that she played with me, she would change her behavior. A lot of people like Dolby are analyzing their previous game styles as solid evidence for why they're town and if they're actually a good player, that never truly works. Also, putting SP up for lynch because he's salty at reading quite lengthy posts that are full of fluff and no information? I'm fairly sure I've said worse about the idiots that weasel their ways into this game and no one chased me with the pitchforks.

Apologies for taking so long to make my first proper post, I am a present participant I can assure you.

Oh hello, you ARE alive. I would like to point out MisterNeedleMouse. Cult mafia was his first game as well and he was converted night 1. He essentially posted just enough to not get modkilled, yet keep out of suspicion. When I finally realized that he was still there, it was too late and town lost. I believe he would also make a suitable day one lynch considering this has been his only post in game so far.

I do not support a day 1 SP lynch. I believe this is stupid considering he is a strong and experienced player. We need to hear more from him before we chase after him with pitchforks.

Dolby posted that he is usually actively contributing when he's town and trying to help out with lynches, but he has not so far. In all of his past games, he has cited being sick or busy as a means for being inactive. Typically he is VERY active in scum chat while saying this. Even when accused, it's quite hard to get him to post anything.

I am in support of a Dolby or MisterNeedleMouse lynch.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm sorry for having a non American timezones and trying to get good sleep. Ok?

Now, SP certainly seems disparate. Just throwing names out of the bag. He doesn't really have much evidence either, well, no one does, just past games.
Purpl seems to be doing well, and I think Dolby should be lynched. He was posting on the thread, with pointless, pathetic excuses, and now out of sight. Out of sight out of mind? No.

I feel ya, Noodle. Happens to me every game. No worries about the timezones though, just keep doing what you're doing and ignore the inactivity claims.

Pretty much my thoughts on Dolby summed up perfectly.

I TRY TO BE ONLINE LATE AT NIGHT FOR YOU MINTIES.

Actually, some might find it easy to find out if I'm mafia, when I'm town I try to make cases, post more then once per day/night cycle, voice my opinion, and occasionally, make a case on somebody who I find suspicious who doesn't have a case against them. When I'm scum, I post to avoid modkill (i.e., once per day/night cycle) , never make cases, and bandwagon with almost no reason

As for my blue sniping abilities, I'm honestly given to much credit, I call SP out on day one in mm3 and suddenly I'm a blue sniper. At best, I get three blues in a game, a leak is more reliable then me when blue sniping (such as SP finding all the roleclaims night two in Harry potter mafia, in that game, I guessed three non-townies correctly). this is probably the worst defense in the history of defenses

Okay, so I first want to mention that this is his first post since the game started, and it was right after his name was being thrown around.

He says that when he's town, he tries to make cases (he hasn't done that so far), post more than once per day night cycle (this is his first post so far so...), and voice his opinion (hasn't and doesn't do that in his posts this game).

When he's scum, he says he posts to avoid modkill (which is what this looks like), never makes cases (true), and bandwagons (no evidence on this yet).

It's true tho, I call somebody out as blue (correctly) and suddenly I'm a bluesniper

Because last game around night three I realized "lol, these people are calling me a blue sniper for sniping two blues a game on average, that is the most ridiculous thing that I've heard of"

Your usertitle is "Genuine bluesniper". I call you a bluesniper for the following reasons:

From Kingmaker Scum Chat, all said by you.

Dolby said:
There should be a scumie for best bluesniper

Dolby said:
DOLBY FOR BEST BLUESNIPER 2014

From Mini Mafia 3 Scum Chat, all said by you.

Dolby said:
#dolbyforbestbluesniper2014 (post 268)

Dolby, you usually aren't shy about claiming bluesniper. In a PM to me during HP Mafia, you claimed you weren't scum and that you weren't the best bluesniper.

##VOTE: Dolby

HTML:
[b]##VOTE: [color=red]Dolby[/color][/b]

I TRY TO BE ONLINE LATE AT NIGHT FOR YOU MINTIES.

Okay, so I first want to mention that this is his first post since the game started, and it was right after his name was being thrown around.

He says that when he's town, he tries to make cases (he hasn't done that so far), post more than once per day night cycle (this is his first post so far so...), and voice his opinion (hasn't and doesn't do that in his posts this game).

When he's scum, he says he posts to avoid modkill (which is what this looks like), never makes cases (true), and bandwagons (no evidence on this yet).

Your usertitle is "Genuine bluesniper". I call you a bluesniper for the following reasons:

From Kingmaker Scum Chat, all said by you.

From Mini Mafia 3 Scum Chat, all said by you.

Dolby, you usually aren't shy about claiming bluesniper. In a PM to me during HP Mafia, you claimed you weren't scum and that you weren't the best bluesniper.

##VOTE: Dolby

HTML:
[b]##VOTE: [color=red]Dolby[/color][/b]

2qxthxw.gif

I honestly couldn't think of anything better to say. Bravo for the post though.

Oh hello, you ARE alive. I would like to point out MisterNeedleMouse. Cult mafia was his first game as well and he was converted night 1. He essentially posted just enough to not get modkilled, yet keep out of suspicion. When I finally realized that he was still there, it was too late and town lost. I believe he would also make a suitable day one lynch considering this has been his only post in game so far.

I believe that at such an early stage of the game, joining in with the nearly baseless finger pointing won't get us anywhere. What I see right now is aggressive players over-analysing meaningless posts (though perhaps that's the point of Mafia) and I'd prefer to stay out of this mess until something happens in-game that we can actually start inferring from. Maybe I'm missing the point again but judging a player based on activity in past games, something that could differ from game to game for any number of reasons, is unreliable and unproductive.

With that in mind, Superpenguin (who is apparently known to be a strong player) begins the game with an immediate and somewhat personally driven attack on Sataric.

Superpenguin said:
But, right now I'm seeing an issue with Sataric. This is the user that can make a two word post into a two paragraph post. Not only is that extremely annoying and spammy, but it's also dangerous if she is scum.

The only constructive part of this initial post is that "it's also dangerous if she is scum". Yes, but it is equally useful if he/she is town. It's wonderfully convenient that many players have forgiven this completely baseless attack on a new player who appears to be doing nothing but attempting to make a good impression on their first mafia game. To me it appears to be more of a desperate diversion or perhaps an attempt to knock out a player who could be useful for town on the first day. Of course people will easily bandwagon when a brand new player is being called into question, especially when the player making the accusation is apparently known for being a strong player.

Superpenguin said:
I went and decided to vote for Sataric since she was only willing to talk when people were talking about her. Afterward, she made enough posts to make herself seem like she's contributing-she's not-and then went silent. You cna see this behavior coming out of her form a mile away...

So you're voting for a player because they defended themselves when they were being attacked? What sort of rationale is this?

I think if there is any one player we need to be wary of right now, it's Superpenguin. What I see is a player using their past reputation to get a free pass on behaviour that would normally be unacceptable.

I'm against voting SP, his behavior is the same as Mafia being a jerk whatever it is. I'm not so sure about Dolby tho he is kinda risky when he is a mafia because he is good at bluesniping I'm still waiting what he is gonna say, plus I have nothing much to say. I envy you panda you did well :p

I'm against voting SP, his behavior is the same as Mafia being a jerk whatever it is. I'm not so sure about Dolby tho he is kinda risky when he is a mafia because he is good at bluesniping I'm still waiting what he is gonna say, plus I have nothing much to say. I envy you panda you did well :p

oh there ya are haven't seen ya this game

And For Sp voting Sataric because his post is formal or something is not a good reason, yeah yeah go lynch the new players blah blah okay so if we lynch Sataric how we will know his playstyle if he joins the game in the future wow it's like you don't want him to play or something.

I believe that at such an early stage of the game, joining in with the nearly baseless finger pointing won't get us anywhere. What I see right now is aggressive players over-analysing meaningless posts (though perhaps that's the point of Mafia) and I'd prefer to stay out of this mess until something happens in-game that we can actually start inferring from. Maybe I'm missing the point again but judging a player based on activity in past games, something that could differ from game to game for any number of reasons, is unreliable and unproductive.

With that in mind, Superpenguin (who is apparently known to be a strong player) begins the game with an immediate and somewhat personally driven attack on Sataric.

The only constructive part of this initial post is that "it's also dangerous if she is scum". Yes, but it is equally useful if he/she is town. It's wonderfully convenient that many players have forgiven this completely baseless attack on a new player who appears to be doing nothing but attempting to make a good impression on their first mafia game. To me it appears to be more of a desperate diversion or perhaps an attempt to knock out a player who could be useful for town on the first day. Of course people will easily bandwagon when a brand new player is being called into question, especially when the player making the accusation is apparently known for being a strong player.

So you're voting for a player because they defended themselves when they were being attacked? What sort of rationale is this?

I think if there is any one player we need to be wary of right now, it's Superpenguin. What I see is a player using their past reputation to get a free pass on behaviour that would normally be unacceptable.

My entire point of bringing your name up was to finally get you to actually contribute and play. You skated by last game carried by your gf, so I wanted to see you post your thoughts instead of being one of the inactives. Judging by this post, you seem like you have a reasonably good head on your shoulders. I'm pleasantly surprised.

The main reason people are putting SP up for lynch is because of him attacking a new player. This has never been "unacceptable" behavior as it is essentially done every single game. The strategy is that if a new player is saddled with a mafia role, putting heat on them early will cause them to slip up and essentially give up. This has happened both with Cory and Purplpanda when they were new and mafia. It netted us a first day mafia lynch. This has also backfired and the players that give up end up being just townies. I understand why he is doing it, but I also don't believe that it excuses him as 100% town. I believe we need more time on SP to discern if he had good intentions or not. He typically ends up being a relatively valuable asset for town, so I would rather wait.

I've been reading the thread a lot and the discussion is focused on SuperPenguin and Dolby it seems.

• I can understand why many of you suspect SuperPenguin, however I don't think he's Mafia. The move he made this game: calling Sataric out reminds me of the time when he brought up Lunatic's name in one of the Day 1 in Mini Mafia. What he did seemed suspicious to me at first, but turns out he was the Detective that time. lol. I think neither he nor Sataric are scum to be honest.

• oath2ordrer's case against Dolby is good, but I don't think we should really expect Dolby to post his cases and opinions on Day 1. I actually relate to how Dolby plays the game, mainly because I usually stay quiet early game and talk more when more evidence in the thread is presented, so I'd like to hear a bit more from him first before casting my vote.

Honestly, like-wise. Instead of band-wagoning when I looked at the voting thread, I decided I'd wait a little while longer for any developments. I don't really have any strong opinions, but when it comes down to it, Dolby is very strong player.

a troll that rides on Trundle's tails.
Wow, I didn't even know I had one tail, if not multiple!

Joking aside, I still find it suspicious how many people have pushed off of Superpenguin for voting today. I'm pretty sure just about half or more than half of the players this game have posted in the last several pages saying "I don't think we should lynch Superpenguin". The fact that so many people are being so quick to push off this and deny the little evidence he has on him raises a red light. Usually in mafia, the amount of evidence presented for him would have been enough to get him lynched with hardly any questioning. The sway makes me believe that there are definitely a fair amount of mafia/third-party role in the last few pages to influence the overall public opinion. Watch it, Superpenguin - I'm going to unvote for you and move onto Dolby for the time being due not enough supporters of your lynch, but I'm coming after you.

Honestly, like-wise. Instead of band-wagoning when I looked at the voting thread, I decided I'd wait a little while longer for any developments. I don't really have any strong opinions, but when it comes down to it, Dolby is very strong player.

Samesies. I didn't want to jump on the lynchwagon so suddenly until Dolby could get in here and give us his take on the situation. But from what I've read from both Minties and Oath, they make pretty valid points. I'm actually surprised yet amazed at Oath and his post about Dolby. I applaud his fine work.

At the same time I'm still conflicted with SuperPenguin and his actions at the beginning of the game. I dunno. All these big long posts made my brain hurt. I need some sleep it seems. Haha.

How exactly is he a strong player?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I may just be being slow here, is it the fact that he can easily kill off town as mafia?

Prin;2863459I may just be being slow here said:
If you guys share roles in irc then yes so I suggest if you want to role claim just pm and tell that don't share your role with anyone. Previous game (HP style) SP was bluesniping and I think Dolby was busy or sick that time dunno if he was bluesniping that time.

Prin, my post was at mafia in general. I don't think game behaviour analyzation will get us too far in this game.

As for SP, I am against lynching him. It's pretty common for players to call out the newbies or weak players on Day 1.
I'm placing my vote on Dolby instead. He has always been pretty public about the blue sniper thing, so his "modesty" this game is coming off as scummy to me.

Wow, I didn't even know I had one tail, if not multiple!

Joking aside, I still find it suspicious how many people have pushed off of Superpenguin for voting today. I'm pretty sure just about half or more than half of the players this game have posted in the last several pages saying "I don't think we should lynch Superpenguin". The fact that so many people are being so quick to push off this and deny the little evidence he has on him raises a red light. Usually in mafia, the amount of evidence presented for him would have been enough to get him lynched with hardly any questioning. The sway makes me believe that there are definitely a fair amount of mafia/third-party role in the last few pages to influence the overall public opinion. Watch it, Superpenguin - I'm going to unvote for you and move onto Dolby for the time being due not enough supporters of your lynch, but I'm coming after you.

It's a big risk to lynch a strong player on Day 1, especially one that posts a lot and actually contributes to the thread.

If we lynch Superpenguin today, could you fully guarantee he flips mafia or third party? If so please tell me why you think so and I'll gladly vote for him. I don't see the reasoning behind the semi-bandwagon on SP. Why would mafia put attention on themselves? I don't see the evidence you have on him, as far as I understand it's he 1) rubbed people the wrong way, 2) attacked a new player, 3) talked to people in the IRC.

The only reasons why I (and I'm sure many other people too) pushed off voting for him is 1) I don't see his current behavior lined up with scum behavior, 2) There are other better lynch candidates today, 3) If we wait a day we can analyze his posts to come to a definite conclusion.

Bolded parts - so you're saying little evidence is enough to get him lynched with hardly any questioning? If it's a player like say, Cory, then sure I agree he would get lynched without any questioning. This isn't the case though.

Back