• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia IX: The Apocalypse [Game Over/Town Win]

Also the fact when I arrived in the IRC earlier this evening the first thing he asked to me was "Are you Pestilence?"

It was actually Famine, not Pestilence.
Since it was said publicly when there was no conversation about mafia going on in the IRC at that time, obviously it wasn't anything I was expecting to be taken seriously.

Those are two completely opposite mindsets for lynch.
You're suggesting a lynch on me, someone who is posting, someone who isn't afraid to start up discussion for us even though it somehow drew all the suspicion onto me; or lynch an inactive, someone who doesn't post and won't ever start discussion or even contribute.

The thing is, I only put you up for lynch because of how you rubbed a lot of people the wrong way when you called out Sataric because of his first post. Now that I've went back and looked at some posts by Ashtot and Minties, it seems you do this a lot when you're pro town. So I apologize for coming off so hostile all of a sudden. I just didn't like the way you came off in the beginning and it bothered me. No harm done, Nick.

You hopped from person to person, a criteria for lynching that you yourself have most likely used in the past.

I never hopped from person to person.
You guys completely read my response to Lunatic in the wrong way.

It's funny you mention this. I was talking with pally last night about Cult Mafia, and then we started talking about this game. According to her, Superpenguin also asked her role and if she had any role claims.

Asking he for roleclaims this game?
I have talked to Pally, yes, but I never asked her for roleclaims, not her role, not anyone else.

It's funny you mention this. I was talking with pally last night about Cult Mafia, and then we started talking about this game. According to her, Superpenguin also asked her role and if she had any role claims.

He asked her this in private by the way.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I never hopped from person to person.
You guys completely read my response to Lunatic in the wrong way.

Asking he for roleclaims this game?
I have talked to Pally, yes, but I never asked her for roleclaims, not her role, not anyone else.

[02:32] <Pally> approached me one min into game
[02:32] <Pally> no :(
[02:32] <Pally> and was like
[02:32] <Pally> YO LETS TEAM UP
[02:32] <Pally> and im like wat
[02:32] <oath2order> did he roleclaim
[02:32] <Pally> and then i get a pm from him
[02:33] <Pally> yeah in the pm
[02:33] <Pally> and hes like
[02:33] <Pally> if anyone tries to lynch u
[02:33] <Pally> i will defend u
[02:33] <Pally> i didnt respond
[02:33] <Pally> because like thanks bro but wtf this is mafia

Sorry, it wasn't roleclaim. But here's the bit with you and pally :)

He didn't ask me for roleclaims. SP did however approach me as soon as the game started and roleclaimed to me.

That's interesting , Oath, about the pally-SP thing. SP PMed me in irc earlier telling me something along the lines of "don't be afraid to work with me"

That's interesting , Oath, about the pally-SP thing. SP PMed me in irc earlier telling me something along the lines of "don't be afraid to work with me"

I was nervous you would let the trust issue that happened in Harry Potter Mafia take over this game and you would be afraid to work with anyone again. Obviously that was the case as you told me you plan on going solo this game.

[21:36] <Superpenguin> If Pally PM'ed you about this game about me, I am assuming you read whatever she told you incorrectly.
[21:36] <Superpenguin> or else she is lying to you.
[21:36] <oath2order> Sorry, the role thing was wrong, after re-reading, it wasn't asking for roles
[21:37] <oath2order> I posted the convo in the thread that she and I had about you
[21:37] <@Curt> she Pm'd me as well.

Curt is ProfGallows by the way.

It's looking to me like my evidence on IRC is not so much since apparently Superpenguin and pally have been PMing people. pally PMing Gallows, and SP PMing Karen and pally.

Literally what the ****?
Just curious. I mean, you were completely willing to roleclaim to a player who you had no evidence of not being scum. This means that you could be scum, but that would also be dangerous for you because of the third party roles.

- - - Post Merge - - -

[21:36] <Superpenguin> If Pally PM'ed you about this game about me, I am assuming you read whatever she told you incorrectly.
[21:36] <Superpenguin> or else she is lying to you.
[21:36] <oath2order> Sorry, the role thing was wrong, after re-reading, it wasn't asking for roles
[21:37] <oath2order> I posted the convo in the thread that she and I had about you
[21:37] <@Curt> she Pm'd me as well.

Curt is ProfGallows by the way.

It's looking to me like my evidence on IRC is not so much since apparently Superpenguin and pally have been PMing people. pally PMing Gallows, and SP PMing Karen and pally.
This is interesting. They were both PMing people? But my question is- if they were working together why would SP have to PM pally?

Just curious. I mean, you were completely willing to roleclaim to a player who you had no evidence of not being scum. This means that you could be scum, but that would also be dangerous for you because of the third party roles.

I determined her behavior was enough to convince me for the moment that she was safe. I've heard other roleclaims coming in already also, blue roles in fact. So, yeah, I am obviously not th eonly one going out there shouting my role to anyone willing to listen.

I determined her behavior was enough to convince me for the moment that she was safe. I've heard other roleclaims coming in already also, blue roles in fact. So, yeah, I am obviously not th eonly one going out there shouting my role to anyone willing to listen.
But, an experienced player would know better than to roleclaim to someone they have no evidence on. I know this because strong players have PMed me in past games after analyzing my posts after several days, not several seconds. Also, how would you have evidence on her behavior if it were a minute into the game, like pally said? It just doesn't add up.

But, an experienced player would know better than to roleclaim to someone they have no evidence on. I know this because strong players have PMed me in past games after analyzing my posts after several days, not several seconds. Also, how would you have evidence on her behavior if it were a minute into the game, like pally said? It just doesn't add up.

You do realize that Superpenguin never roleclaimed right? It was cleared up earlier... Although I agree that some of what Superpenguin is saying doesn't really make sense.

While I'm not 100% convinced that Superpenguin is mafia, I just wanted to point out some things that looked a bit off.
-Superpenguin, in the IRC, is being very quiet. Previously, he has been constantly chatting and calling people out at any chance he got (while town)
-Superpenguin, in his latest games, has not been very aggressive at all first day. We are far enough away from Mafia II and III where he was aggressively running for mayor to consider that his normal behavior. He can't fall back on that anymore because it's clear he has played with multiple different behaviors to try to throw us off and bring up defense for when he is actually mafia (which is potentially now).
-Lastly, the last two pages have been minor evidence to raise suspicions on why he could be mafia. Strange patterns in PMing and asking for role claims and such. Why would his mind go straight to asking if someone was Famine? Perhaps he is a yellow role and has had them on his mind?

Unfortunately, I don't know the Detectives in this game, nor do I believe I will anytime soon, as I can't expect them to trust me and just role claim, but I do have some people in mind for inspection ready, as well as patterns to make sure the Framers don't trick us. Hopefully I can somehow get proven soon enough.

Don't even talk to me about roleclaims when in Harry Potter Mafia, Oath2Order forced more than half the game into roleclaiming to him without any indication of his innocence and then Karen and Ashtot willingly handing over everyone's roleclaims over to me, someone they didn't even have any proven innocence on.

I roleclaimed, yes, get over it.

I've been pming stronger players for their thoughts on SP being so trusting the minute the game started.

Back