Mafia TBT Mafia IV: Red Revolution [Game Over/Mafia Win]

Was ninja'd by the night post.

Holy sugar that is bad.
This is a real score on Mafia's part, and I can say that it is not Mary's fault (I think).
She was just being a distraction, and, well, we wasted a lynch on the bodyguard...
I'm sorry I suspected you!

Was ninja'd by the night post.

Holy sugar that is bad.
This is a real score on Mafia's part, and I can say that it is not Mary's fault (I think).
She was just being a distraction, and, well, we wasted a lynch on the bodyguard...
I'm sorry I suspected you!

Nobody knew Mary was bodyguard until Tina was elected.

Why didn't you freaking read the PM earlier, Mary? According to Karla it's been sitting in your inbox since 8:36pm GMT - and you PMed me at 10:55pm! You even posted in this thread during that time. The only reason I lynched you was because you said yourself you were dispensable; I lynched you so I wouldn't risk hitting the bodyguard!

Fk it. I'm going to do as I promised and continue to go forward. I can't turn back now. I'm still your mayor.

Night 1 Plan

I?ve a plan in mind for night one. Townies, please don?t just skim this because you think it doesn?t apply to you. If you think a blue role should do something differently from what I?ve outlined then please speak up.

Detectives
I personally think we should prioritise who is suspicious rather than clearing innocents. I think you should pick someone from the following list:

• Blu Rose
  • FireNinja1
  • oath2order
  • Superpenguin

I want to give you a warning though: when you get that PM back tomorrow please remember that there is a Godfather and a miller in the game but there is no framer. Role-checks are not 100% accurate but at the same time there is no need to check anyone twice because the results will always be the same: someone who comes back White Russian will always return White Russian; someone who comes back Bolshevik will always return Bolshevik. Feel free to communicate with that person if they come back green, but I ask that you do not reveal that you?re the detective straightaway (if ever). The person you trust most could easily be red until we find out the Godfather?s identity.

Medics
We?re relying on you to keep our strongest players alive. It?s too dangerous to give you a list, so use your best judgement.

Vigilantes
I don?t know how many shots you have, but if you think it?s worthwhile to take out a distraction day one then go ahead. I?d rather you reserved your fire, but it?s ultimately your choice. If you?re leaning towards using a shot then please think carefully before acting - also, although vigilantes were encouraged to announce when they made a shot last time I am going to actively discourage it this game until you find other confirmed roles or have used all of your shots. If for any reason you do choose to reveal your role to someone then please do so to at least two people and tell those two people who the other person you?ve informed is. e.g.

Person A (Vig) tells Person B (???) and Person C (???) their role. If Person A dies next night then Person B or Person C can begin to investigate the other person and try to determine if Person A was hit due to coincidence or from revealing their role to the wrong person.

The chances of you revealing yourself to two mafia are low, but it?s always a probability so please be careful.

Townies, Veterans, and Masons
Keep talking. Let?s confuse the mafia by being as active as possible. I don?t want them to be able to distinguish the greens from the blues. Let?s all just be a mishmash of blue-green on their radar.

I would also like to say that blues shouldn't reveal themselves to more then couple people so that we don't have a repeat of game two.

I am against detectives Wasting a rolecheck on Blu Rose. I just need to post this general statement now since his name is first on the list and I fear detectives may rush. Please give me an hour to get on an actual computer to provide my reasoning.

I would also like to say that blues shouldn't reveal themselves to more then couple people so that we don't have a repeat of game two.

Lol so what are you doing with your usertitle? It's pretty much revealing yourself to more than just a couple of people.

Obviously we've had so much play through Avatars & Usertitles that it's hard to take your new usertitle seriously Dolby.

I am against detectives Wasting a rolecheck on Blu Rose. I just need to post this general statement now since his name is first on the list and I fear detectives may rush. Please give me an hour to get on an actual computer to provide my reasoning.

The list is alphabetical: not in order of priority.

Lol so what are you doing with your usertitle? It's pretty much revealing yourself to more than just a couple of people.

Obviously we've had so much play through Avatars & Usertitles that it's hard to take your new usertitle seriously Dolby.

I was reading through the role descriptions and I liked the sound of non-commisioned officer. The fact that I didn't get around to it until the game started is a coincidence

I was reading through the role descriptions and I liked the sound of non-commisioned officer. The fact that I didn't get around to it until the game started is a coincidence

The fact you started the user title changing thing though is just obvious now honestly.

Alright, I'm back. Let's hope we have a successful Night, and not a Blue-Killing Spree.

For those of you who forgot, people who have taken a shot should open claim they took a shot. Taken directly from Karla's plan: Mafia knows you took a shot, and it will help Town to know as well. The Medic should claim to them. From there, you can choose to start a PM circle or leave it alone. Obviously, claiming you took a shot will mean you got protected by a Medic, or you're a Veteran.

If Vig's need help on deciding who to kill: Personally, I would save the shot. If you have more than one shot (It still says "X" Karla!), then I guess it's alright? Vig shots are valuable, so if you will use it now, take your time. It's not best to kill players who are active in the discussion and contribute. Nor is it best to kill players who are inactive. These inactives could be Blue's trying to hide. It's best to kill someone in the gray area. People who post but don't actually contribute. Look at Karla in Mini Mafia. He pointed out ON DAY ONE that I posted, but didn't actually contribute. Actually posting a list of people is risky, so use your judgement.

Well, a lot has happened in the time I was away, so first and foremost I would like to address the events involved with Blu Rose.

I don't feel that Blu Rose necessarily needs to be rolechecked by a Detective. Night Actions aren't the only things that tell you about someone's role. Just like we analyze posts to find mafia members, we can do the same thing to find town members. This is the post that made me believe Blu Rose is a Townie:

Okay, I'm going to share my thoughts here:

SuperPenguin, us Townies aren't necessarily expendable. We can be just as good as everyone else, except maybe the Detectives, and, even then, with good prediction, the Mafia would be able to render the Detectives useless, making everything ahow up as White Russian.
Vigilantes can shoot and hit an innocent with the one shot they have, maybe the same with the second, if they have one, as seen in TBT Mafia III when Karla shot Chris.
Veterans are just immortal better Townies, and thus, the only thing that doesn't have a hurdle are the Townies and the Veterans.
Masons can easily prove one another innocent upon death, i.e. one dies while defending the other. But, these two can easily die, due to absolutely no protection available.
Paramedics have to choose the right person to protect. They can possibly protect Mafia memners getting shot.

Thus, we Townies are as good as anyone else, really only outmatched by the Veterans. We only have our voice and vote to help our town, and Veterans are just like us, except they have two chances at living.
Yeah, everyone else can change the game, but it might be for worse, in this fair town's eyes. We, as Townies, can and do influence the Vigilantes decision in shooting, the Paramedics protection offer, and usually when the Double Lynch is used.

This was Blu Rose's response to me consistently pushing for the concept of Townies being expendable. Notice how he is quite offended by that and then proceeds to say "us townies" implying he is one. I don't see this as being a mafia post in disguise of being town as he seemed too offended by my statement to be careful of his wording. He just typed what he thought and clicked post.

This is really the reason why I wasn't aggressively tearing apart his posts. I already considered him Town and saw no reason to aggressively question his posts in a way to look for him to slip-up or make me suspicious of him. Rather I would choose to work with discussing with him about other aspects of the game such as deciding on who to lynch, what he thinks of so-so, etc.

This same reasoning can be applied to Mary. I genuinely believed her being a Townie. And I thought the majority of players were also in agreement that she was a Townie, including Tina. But, I guess that was part of the reason why she was lynched. She didn't roleclaim bodyguard until too late, so she was still viewed as a Townie, thus she was expendable, and wouldn't be a loss if she was lynched. However, Blu Rose and FireNinja(seemed to have hinted at being a Townie in his defense post) also seemed to be Townies as well, putting forth as much contribution as Mary was. However, Mary had already been getting suspicion from a variety of players since the game started, so confirming where she was aligned would help us in future days in looking for who was really pushing for her being mafia and who held back.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I wasn't directly accusing you of being Mafia, even with the little sentence at the end.

I want to address this right away too, because I know you weren't accusing me, but you were suspicious of me. I'm not going to have the town waste time posting suspicions of me when I am town-aligned. It's better to grind those suspicions into the ground early on before they start spreading and taking up too much of our time and we are unable to look at other candidates for lynches.

- - - Post Merge - - -

In Game two, the blues revealed themselves to a single person, resulting in their death. Revealing themselves foolishly to more than one person will only increase the chance of repeating game two.

Honestly, I find the mafia will be smart in this game. Previous games mafia have been found to be silent, i believe from previous experiences, clever mafia will be more talkative. I feel the detectives should focus more on talkative people other than people who are silent. Obviously if someone silent shows to be suspicious then they should be role checked.

I would also like to address that Blu Rose may be starting his own Nuzlocke roleplay so we may see him inactive. Just look at Hikari and how inactive he was been because of the roleplay he has participated in. And he still remains to be inactive. I am willing to quote Blu Rose's PM to the players of the Adventures of Kalos roleplay:
Blu Rose said:
Just wondering, could I start a Nuzlocke RP of the Hoenn Region?

I also sent this PM to TheCreeperHugz and FoxWolf64.

Blu Rose even joined another roleplay, Adventures in Sinnoh. Actually, Blu has joined Raycre Village as well. So if he starts his Nuzlocke roleplay, I think we can expect major inactiveness depending on how popular it becomes.

I would also like to address that Blu Rose may be starting his own Nuzlocke roleplay so we may see him inactive. Just look at Hikari and how inactive he was been because of the roleplay he has participated in. And he still remains to be inactive. I am willing to quote Blu Rose's PM to the players of the Adventures of Kalos roleplay:

Blu Rose even joined another roleplay, Adventures in Sinnoh. Actually, Blu has joined Raycre Village as well. So if he starts his Nuzlocke roleplay, I think we can expect major inactiveness depending on how popular it becomes.

Can you all stop with your stupid pokemon rp as a cover for being scum?

I was just pointing out that Blu Rose may be inactive due to him joining all these other games.

There is no reason why Blu Rose can't come in and tell us about it himself. Plus, why would you pick him out of all people? A lot of people roleplaying are playing mafia. FireNinja and Hikari, for example, they didn't have to tell us they'd be inactive, and surely no one had to do it for them.

When lynn and I were mafia, this is exactly what we did. I had told the thread the reasoning for lynn's inactiveness for her, so it didn't end up coming across too suspicious as people were already suspicious of her inactivity.

Honestly, I find the mafia will be smart in this game. Previous games mafia have been found to be silent, i believe from previous experiences, clever mafia will be more talkative. I feel the detectives should focus more on talkative people other than people who are silent. Obviously if someone silent shows to be suspicious then they should be role checked.

You've been relatively silent.

So is this a way to defend yourself?

Back